Hello all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seigetanker

Hi everyone of the 405th. New member here. First a little bit about myself. I am a 30 year old father of 2 wonderful children. I've worked as a Chemical operator for the last 5 years. I'm and avid gamer, airsofter, and all around geek. I have played games since I was a wee lad and have been a fan of Halo since the OG xbox release.

Now for how I've arrived here. My girlfriends 5 year old boy wanted to be the MC for Halloween this year. Well she bought him a costume at Walmart. Upon seeing this costume I thought it was...well bad lol. Being 5 he obviously didn't care. It got me to thinking I'd love to have a badass costume of my own. Did some go ogling and came across the 405th and here I am.

I'm currently in the research and material gathering stage. Plan on doing a build similar to Spitfire's mark 6 as his thread full of awesome tips for details and such. With any luck I'll be ready to start this journey in a couple of weeks.

Later all,
Seigetanker

Hello! Welcome to the 405th! Do you know which route you plan on taking for the build. Pepakura? Foam? Something else?

Hello! Welcome to the 405th! Do you know which route you plan on taking for the build. Pepakura? Foam? Something else?

Hi there, leaning towards pepakura for my first attempt. If the helmet turns out though I'm going to take a shot at making a mold and casting some copies out of plastic as gifts for some friends. Are you currently working on anything?

Nice. Do you have previous experience in mold making? I'm just working on some small stuff. Pepakura odst med kit and a 3d printed odst magnum. What I'm actually doing for my odst armor and helm is buying a kit from someone who casts it up for me.

Hi there, leaning towards pepakura for my first attempt. If the helmet turns out though I'm going to take a shot at making a mold and casting some copies out of plastic as gifts for some friends. Are you currently working on anything?

I checked out your post and what you have done so far is looking great. 3D printing has always fascinated me. As for me having any mold making experience that's a big negative. Going to try an learn everything as I go. I figure if I was able to learn how to do home remodeling I can hopefully do this stuff as well. Bought my cardstock today and ordered a new printer as well. Excited to begin that's for sure.

Pepakura is a fickel beast. It takes loads of time even on small stuff and it is hard to get everything perfect. Just do yourself a favor and watch as many tutorial videos/posts on here as you can

welcome! just thought i would let you know most people use foam for their first build because it is a bit easier because you don't need to fiber-glass it. if you need a look at what foam builds look like take a look at my build below. Let me know what you think! ( p.s this is my first build too)

welcome! just thought i would let you know most people use foam for their first build because it is a bit easier because you don't need to fiber-glass it.

Ok thanks for the advice. Researched foam builds some and it does look like a good route to take. I'll probably do pepakura on the helmet and foam for the armor. Thanks a bunch

Pepakura is a fickel beast. It takes loads of time even on small stuff and it is hard to get everything perfect. Just do yourself a favor and watch as many tutorial videos/posts on here as you can
Its true. Pepakura even after a few builds can be tricky. I went with pep for my first build . I like it because its durable and i can work more enhancements and details in it. If you go the pep rout may i recommend a few quick and simple patterns. like a simple helmet or shoulder piece to test on.Working out technique and testing material on a junk piece is a great way to learn before applying to your main build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back