Cutting Machine Walkthrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortikai99

Hi, I am new to this hobby and absolutely love it. I made my first piece which was a Deathstroke helm about 3 months ago for a convention here in Atlanta and loved making it. It was very rough at first as i started out with home depot boxes and hot glue followed by layer after layer of paper mache and sanding until just right. Anyway, prior to coming to these forums, I wanted to see if i could find an easier more detailed way to start. I'm not one for searching endlessly through forums for hours but more the kind of person to figure it out for themselves. However, I am stuck and need some advice. I went and bought a Cricut Explore One and have started attempts at making some cuts. I can do just about everything I need down to scoring fold lines perfectly. The biggest issue I have come across is scale however. When I save the files from Pep designer, they look great. But then when I add them to the cricut software, it seems that scale gets lost. I figured that the images i saved were set to a normal paper size so i in turn set the cricut tool to 8.5 as well, but that seems to not work. Any suggestions, tips, walkthroughs... that anyone may know of? I have looked through some posts here, but its very random and the topics tend to stray to other issues. Thanks so much in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back