ODST 14 Day SPEED BUILD!!! WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 14 days out from Halo 5 Guardians! Lets see;
Pre Order
Money
Launch Party Location
Armor X

Well I need to fix that starting now! Lets make an ODST from foam!

So I'm doing this all free hand looking at game shots, and concept art.
attachment.php

attachment.php

And the parts ive made today, I have made most of the front done and am currently plastidiping them.
attachment.php

[Days Left 13]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm always envious of you guys that can start and finish your projects in such a short amount of time. Looks great so far. Good luck!

ALL righty then, missed the up date last night so I will post now!

Dipped all the front pieces and re-did the front plate with "battle damage" AKA woops with the drimle got to make this look better.
attachment.php

Also cut/carved/dipped the back torso pieces as well
attachment.php

Will be working on shoulders today..... I hate shoulders.....

[Days Left 12]

ALL righty then, missed the up date last night so I will post now!

Dipped all the front pieces and re-did the front plate with "battle damage" AKA woops with the drimle got to make this look better.

Also cut/carved/dipped the back torso pieces as well

Will be working on shoulders today..... I hate shoulders.....

[Days Left 12]

For me the chest piece is the worst

OK so I got the shoulders mostly done, I need to sand and dip both, and do some drimmle on the other.
attachment.php

Should have finished them all the way today, but I will just have to make up for lost time on my next full day off, Sunday.

[Days Left 10]

Ok! so my internet has been down(thanks Bright House) and I forgot to take pictures this week so I'm making up for it now!

First things first my mess!!
attachment.php

I have the front parts panted and "weathered", used the dry brush technique on all of them.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thighs and shoulders are also done as well as have been Elasticised™ in order to mount to me and not
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Shoulders and shins are done as well, not much details but I lost my cool on them, made 3 attempts at each before I got this. Also mare the left arm so that my phone fist in it like a tacpad.
attachment.php

attachment.php

And I picked up a pair of Tactical boots from Academy, on sale for $39.99
attachment.php

WOOH!! got to finish the rest tomorrow!
[Days Left 1]

Last edited by a moderator:
Your stuff is looking really good man.

One thing I would suggest is not to hide your pics, I know from experience on other sites people don't like to click links to see pics. On sites like these there are SO MANY pics to look thru & most people just scan thru them till they see something that catches their eye. Hiding your pics may also be the reason you haven't gotten more feedback.

Your stuff is looking awesome so far...don't hide it, let us all see it!!!

Your stuff is looking really good man.

One thing I would suggest is not to hide your pics, I know from experience on other sites people don't like to click links to see pics. On sites like these there are SO MANY pics to look thru & most people just scan thru them till they see something that catches their eye. Hiding your pics may also be the reason you haven't gotten more feedback.

Your stuff is looking awesome so far...don't hide it, let us all see it!!!

Thanks for the complement and advice, old habits die hard. xD

Looking good so far! One issue I'm worried about is where the bottom of the chest sits in relation to your ribcage. if you go any lower than it you start losing mobility. The reason I see for you not being able to use your shoulder armor is that the chest piece reaches in front of your arms. There is no requirement to change it, the ONI ODSTs and that one buff guy from rvb have no shoulder armor but the sheer size of the chest piece may negatively impact your ability to hold items. If you had more time, it would be beneficial to tweak the chest to be a little smaller, but don't let it stop or impede the armor making, just some constructive criticism moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back