Too SMALL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exalted Sinner

I took on the challenge of doing a complete pepakura halo 4 MC build. I worked endlessly on the helmet knowing that I would be able to wear it once it was complete and fiber glassed. It came out amazing, but ended up being to small. I used Master Builder's pepakura build for the helmet and attempted to size it with Halo Goddess' sizing reference and it ended up being to small :'(. I am going to attempt to build it again, but now I am so afraid of the size. I downsized the build to 255 mm from 299 mm; I was thinking about just building it at 299 mm, but I am afraid it will be too big. Can anyone lead me in the right direction, speaking in sizing or making a crafted helmet bigger or smaller?

It would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Attachments

• 20151009_143853.jpg
    20151009_143853.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 20151009_143857.jpg
    20151009_143857.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 145
try something in between like 270 or 280 and see how that works out, but that would depend on how much too small it is for you. For that particular pep model though try removing the inner ring on the bottom and see if that helps. Also, would you consider your head to be bigger than average? just asking cause i am building the same helmet and want to make sure 275 will be good for me.

255mm is roughly 10 inches in height. That sounds like the size I would use since I do have a small head height. 299mm is roughly 11.75 inches. What was your measurement, in inches, for the height of your head??

I also have another diagram on my website. Ignore the first image. Scroll down to the one showing the head measuring. Make sure you measuring properly. ;)

http://halogoddess.weebly.com/scale-your-armor-in-pepakura.html

Is it o only the bottom brim stopping you from putting it on? If so, cut it away. It's kinda there for that reason. If it fits perfectly with out it, than I would consider keeping your current build and start brainstorming on a cool neck seal or something to hide the gap that'll be between your neck and the helmet (I used a thin piece of EVA foam all around the inside brim of my EOD helmet. Worked great by remaining flexible and still covering the gap).

It fit until I put the inner rings on the bottom. Even the first one made it hard to get on. I had to widen the opening with my thumbs to get it over my ears. Ended up ripping it a little :'( and I would say my head is a little bigger than average but not massive. The question is what is an average size?

The average head height for adult males is 24 cm, but i think you should make the helmet 270, cause you only need a little bit more space. Also you could fiberglass it and then cut some of the 1st ring off too if you don't want to remake it

Halogoddess!

I viewed this we site and your form on 405th. Is there something I did wrong? My measurement that my mom did came out to 22.5 cm taken from the side of my head. Maybe the mom part was the issue haha, but the measurement was taken as illustrated in the picture. Is there a way to know the width of the helmet from a measurement?

As I was crafting the helmet, it fit for almost all of the build feeling like it was not overly big on my face or my head. It wasn't until the end that I knew the impending doom I was heading towards :'(.

The measurement for my head in inches is about 9.75 inches from me eye balling it with paper on the top and bottom of my head, 9.5 inches with my mom measuring it and 9.5 for my father. So, my initial build was correct?

I do see on that website that I should have added the extra inches, which I did not know but thought of, but was too afraid the helmet would look to big. I am a smaller person. 5.9 about 155

Thank you to everyone for their responses! I think I am going to fiberglass it and then attempt to cut the inner rings off and then glue then on the the fabric of a nice piece that I design for the helmet. If this fails....... I will have to rebuild. I like the idea of a size of able 270 mm because I printed out the 299mm and it looks huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back