WIP First Mark VI build

Status
Not open for further replies.

swift4740

Because there simply aren't enough Mark VI builds out there i decided to make my own, with some changes later down the line (some day...). I realised I hadn't put any updates on here about my armour so why not now.
(sorry about the lighting and camera quality, kinda rushed for time at the moment)

Here is the general armour i've made so far
Full.JPG

Crappy helmet (first thing made, way too small, will replace with Mark V)
Helmet.JPG

Torso
Torso.JPG

Bicep piece (80% sure its way too small)
Bicep.jpg

Forearm (definitely too small)
Forearm.JPG

Hand pieces (fibreglassing at the moment)
Handpads.jpg

Cod piece (currently working on, did that bit yesterday)
HalfCodpiece.jpg

Thigh piece (fibreglassing)
Thigh.jpg

Shin pads
Shin.jpg

So thats how i've done so far, i'll try to work on it regularly and post updates of progress, and force my self into the soul crushing process of fibreglassing -_- see you later!

Haven't updated in a while, got a lot of crap done in the past forever, so here ya go :D
full-pep 0001.JPG

full-pep 0002.JPG

Recon chest will come, probably after the rest of the armour is done
full-pep 0003.JPG

full-pep 0004.JPG

full-pep 0005.JPG

Recon shoulders :3
full-pep 0006.JPG

full-pep 0007.JPG

full-pep 0008.JPG

full-pep 0009.JPG

full-pep 0010.JPG

full-pep 0011.JPG

full-pep 0012.JPG

Forgot to photo the high quality handplates, but they are there :p

Ready to final paint boot toe piece :D (sorry about photo quality, taken on crappy phone camera- also the sideways thing -_- )

Primer-then further sanding
20160613_174454.jpg

Final primer
20160613_190843.jpg

Metallic silver layer
20160618_165858.jpg

And obviously the light of god blessing my sexy piece XD:
20160619_080245.jpg

More will be coming soon... if I remember to update my forum....

Man, I have respect for people who pep the whole suit. I don't have that patience! I'll stick to my foam thanks. :p

Looks great! What are you gonna do for customization wise?

Well so far i have the recon shoulders, with the chest coming later, other then that i haven't really thought up anything too crazy apart from the paint job I guess, but I'm still thinking through it.

First piece finally ready for final painting :DDD (Yes I am aware of the crappy circular indentations, I just don't care, and no, that is not the shoe I will be wearing later)

First time rondo-ing, went well :)
20160703_195840.jpg

20160707_122414.jpg

Reactions: Jme
Second boot is now ready for final painting, getting better everytime :D
Also any tips on how to get the circular indentations sanded and looking nice? Sand paper cant quite get in there.

20160724_085945.jpg

20160724_090123.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Now starting on the shin...
20160723_182941.jpg

Well, it's been a while. Good to be be back. I would've been back sooner, but after I finished year 12 and had time for days to work on my armour I got hit by a flying trailer wheel and broke my leg and a few ligaments. still recovering after surgery but here I am! Back to work finally, got some new pics, doesn't seem like much but it took a lot for me :)

Here is the old shin piece ready for painting :)
20170320_154555.jpg

And both of them all shiny silver :D For now I'm going to do the final painting in bulk, everything will be silver until then.
20170327_214123.jpg

With a name like swift4740, you think you'd be able to dodge a flying trailer wheel.........;) ;) ;)...Glad you are back and glad you are feeling better. Just back tracking some of you previous posts....when trying to sand those circular indentations, you can either use a dremel w/ a sanding bit or a sanding stone. I would go w/ the sanding stone as you can find one w/ a flat top to get the bottom of the indentation. Looking really good dude.

not the first time I've heard that one -_- oh well, i've gotten a lot better with general bondoing, but I still avoid the indentations :p Thanks for the tip :)

Your work looks great. Your gonna have to post some pictures for us when your done and wearing it. Makes me want to start working on mine.

Well I should probably stop saying this, but after a small break I got back into it and finished bondoing the right forearm, turned out better than I thought, pretty happy with this :)
20170528_155749.jpg 20170528_155803.jpg

And finished the primer layers :)
20170528_200541.jpg 20170528_200556.jpg
Not sure if you can see it in these pictures, but even with a crap ton of sanding you can see the difference in textures between the layers, is there any way to fix this besides getting some actually non-crappy body-filler? (have to use it up before getting the good stuff -_-) or do I just have to suck it up and deal with it for now? (won't show up as much on later paint layers)

Plasti dipping my pieces covered a multitude of sins. Weathering covered the rest :)

Great work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back