Halo 5: Asset Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure thang! Totally don't mind doing a render, or 2. Got the Copperhead suited up also, but the finger plates are more custom. The hand plates is what usually takes the longest to get situated right on to the hands. Also, just checking to make sure. I know we have the campaign armors, but still no campaign undersuits?

As the first post in this thread mentions, and as I'll clarify: if it's unavailable in multiplayer, I'm unable to access the content. I wish this wasn't the case, I truly do, but unfortunately campaign content is inaccessible to me. As soon as this situation changes I'll have the new content uploaded, but this may be some time from now. I'll do what I can in the meantime, and when I have a spare minute I'll poke you regarding a custom render.

In the meantime: major Halo 5 Raw Asset Archive update time.

- All Day One (on-disk) content is now available
- Helioskrill, Mk IV, Mk V Alpha and Achilles helmets are available (body files currently unavailable)
- Atlas armour fully uploaded

The plan for the Archive going forward as of this post is as follows:

- Skin textures to be added
- Colour channel files to be added
- All packs to be sorted and cut down to pack-unique content only
- 'Generic' content (non-specific leg/arm files) to be given their own downloads section

Given that I have my immigration interview in a week and will potentially be making a move to the United States from the United Kingdom within the next few months, it's very much likely that there will be a few weeks of downtime where I'm going to be unable to respond to queries and work on Archive projects. Therefore, I will do all I can to get as much content as I possibly can uploaded and online before this time - that said, unfortunately I can't make any promises given the uncertainty ahead. However, the general plan for Halo 5 content going forwards is as above - release new content as it arrives, provide expanded content where possible.

If, for whatever reason, I become unavailable during my move, please feel free to leave me a message either here in this thread, or via PM, and I'll do what I can to respond when I'm able to.

Chernobyl I know you had mentioned it earlier. Thought maybe if I poked at you a little bit,(Lol, like a pinata) and the campaign under suits will fall out like candy! Sorry for the cheesy humor. One can dream a little bit, right? Anyways, thanks again for files!

I know you had mentioned it earlier. Thought maybe if I poked at you a little bit(Lol, like a pinata) the campaign under suits will fall out like candy!

No, all that will accomplish is annoying me, I'm afraid. If I say I can't do something, then no amount of asking me is going to make me able to do said thing. Asking when you know the answer to be 'no' already isn't funny or clever.

I appreciate that people are eager for other types of content, but please respect that I have limits to what I'm able to provide, read the original post, and if I say I'm unable to provide a certain thing, please don't ask me for it. I'm doing the best I can to provide what I can, and as soon as something happens to allow me to provide more, I'll provide it.

I'm not a piñata. I don't have delicious candy. Don't poke me.

Nah ya good, and not a problem. Wasn't intentionally trying to disrespect. Earlier I almost crapped my pants, then I realized you were just talking about the campaign #armours#. It just so happened the word #campaign# popped out of the screen of my phone and smacked in the face.

Nah ya good, and not a problem. Wasn't intentionally trying to disrespect. Earlier I almost crapped my pants, then I realized you were just talking about the campaign #armours#. It just so happened the word #campaign# popped out of the screen of my phone and smacked in the face.

As soon as I'm able to get Campaign content, you'll be one of the first to know. You're on my list of People Who Need To Know ;)

On that note: I'm currently ripping and sorting full skin and colour channel textures for all available armour sets. Unfortunately, since the textures bloat the ZIP archive size past what the Archive upload allowances currently let me upload, I'm probably going to have to work out alternate storage solutions. The Archive currently allows 5Mb per file - the Athlon Pack, zipped up at the best possible quality, still floats around the 9Mb mark, which is obviously an issue. That being said, with five skin sets, the Athlon is undoubtedly going to be a bloated pack regardless.

One likely solution is to re-designate the Halo 5 OBJ Archive as a generic Asset Archive, then feature separate categories within for Models and Textures. Another is to simply pack all textures together and host them on my Dropbox account until I can prod and poke at Art Andrews or FANGS to give me a larger file upload allowance.

Either way, I'll keep working - I'm proceeding in alphabetical order, beginning with Air Assault and working my way down through the list. As soon as I have notable progress I'll post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
No prodding or poking allowed. I'm pretty sure that's in the Mantle....:lol "FANGS bites when poked, prodded or otherwise annoyed". hehehe

Larger upload allowance is likely going to need to wait until the forum moves to the new platform, but that's just a guess. Buuuuuut.....get me a list of what you need and Art and I can discuss that at our weekly Wednesday meeting.

No prodding or poking allowed. I'm pretty sure that's in the Mantle....:lol "FANGS bites when poked, prodded or otherwise annoyed". hehehe

Larger upload allowance is likely going to need to wait until the forum moves to the new platform, but that's just a guess. Buuuuuut.....get me a list of what you need and Art and I can discuss that at our weekly Wednesday meeting.

I can certainly wait, as we discussed earlier, but for public opinion's sake, based upon what you said: for those interested in texture assets, would you rather wait until we're on the new platform, and be content with having your textures served via Dropbox until I'm able to have all content in one place, or are you all in dire need of the textures on the Archive now?

And on that note:

Glad you're about. Texture downloads are going a treat. I've gotten the textures from Achilles to FOTUS (alphabetical order) downloaded, named, sorted and put into their respective folders. I could be done by tomorrow, so an answer on the above might be helpful from you in particular, since these assets are marketed towards you chiefly - I know you'll make use of them, and I'll get the specifics for the render request once I'm sorted.

Awesome, no rush. And, Dropbox sounds like a good temporary fix until bigger allowances are updated with the archive.

Awesome, no rush. And, Dropbox sounds like a good temporary fix until bigger allowances are updated with the archive.

I'll work on it once I'm done with asset extraction, then. I'm well over halfway done now, so hopefully things won't take too long - half of my work is obtaining colour control maps for texture sets I've already extracted, the other half is obtaining skin texture packs. Again, pack bloat only seems to be a major issue when an armour type has at least two different skins beside the default base colour scheme - it takes the pack size from the usual 5Mb or so to almost 10Mb.

Archive updated - added the Helioskrill pack thanks to a very kindly community member.

We're in need only of the Mk IV, Mk V Alpha and Achilles sets now.

Triple-bump, I know, but this is important and will be of interest to the modellers out there:

Halo 5 Texture pack is now online, and can be found HERE - it's hosted on my Dropbox, for now, so please be courteous and don't hammer the poop out of the download button. Otherwise - all base textures and skins files are available, please enjoy and make use of them. SavedbyGraceG12, that means you :p

Hey Chernobyl, I had a bit of spare time a few weeks ago and categorised armour sets that had unique gauntlets/greaves and which ones matched existing armour sets. Examples being that the Air Assault armour set has unique gauntlets and greaves, while the Aviator armour set has Contoured greaves and GV09 Locking gauntlets. I've run through all sets, and was wondering if maybe you'd like the list yourself so that you can categorise them?

EDIT:

I've now got my hands on the Mk IV Gen 1 armour set. Where do I send these to?

Awesome! Just started the download! Just one problem. Being out in the boonies with satellite internet sucks so bad! Checking on the percentage of the download, is like watching a turtle trying to cross a street! But, it is what it is.

COLOR%20CRAZY_zpsx5jhu2ge.png

OK here we go, what ya think? (and no, i didnt apply the skins to finger plates)

Attachments

• COLOR%20CRAZY_zpsx5jhu2ge.png
    COLOR%20CRAZY_zpsx5jhu2ge.png
    532.7 KB · Views: 341
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/joshuabouillion/COLOR CRAZY_zpsx5jhu2ge.png

OK here we go, what ya think? (and no, i didnt apply the skins to finger plates)

I... uh.... think you need to do some work on actually using the colour channels. That's... quite vibrant.

EDIT: Mk IV get. Processing it now.

EDIT THE SECOND: the Mk IV variant is now online. This one goes directly to tomboy for the stellar work he's already put into his Mk IV build - I hope these files do you well, Spartan, and I hope you're still on the road to a decent recovery.

I haven't quite figured out what slot to apply the color channel. Do color channels work as a masking, or a overlay of some sort. I've removed the diffuse map from the diffuse slot, and then placed the color channel in its place. Which probably explains why there is such a bright exotic paint job. Believe me I'm not a fan of the colors! For my lunch break, I'll hit up the forums at Daz, and try to figure this out. It may be some different terminology, or a different name that is being used as to where to apply the color maps. Could reduce the gloss down to 50%, that would definitely reduce the brightness of the colors, but that doesn't seem like the right way to go.

I haven't quite figured out what slot to apply the color channel. Do color channels work as a masking, or a overlay of some sort. I've removed the diffuse map from the diffuse slot, and then placed the color channel in its place. Which probably explains why there is such a bright exotic paint job. Believe me I'm not a fan of the colors! For my lunch break, I'll hit up the forums at Daz, and try to figure this out. It may be some different terminology, or a different name that is being used as to where to apply the color maps. Could reduce the gloss down to 50%, that would definitely reduce the brightness of the colors, but that doesn't seem like the right way to go.

As far as I'm aware, each channel in the image works as an alpha channel to mask off a different area - the red corresponds to the main colouring (primary), the green I would assume is the secondary, and the black is a mask for parts that shouldn't be coloured at all (undersuit/detail parts).

I don't know a whole lot about the process of colouring up myself, otherwise I'd help you out. My request should be simple, however - I'm only looking for a render of a white Argus set to show off a potential colour scheme. Again, I'll shoot you a message when I can to detail the request further.

argo_zps2w9q5exu.png

I know you haven't sent your request yet. But, you had mentioned the armor needed to be white. Torso has no texture, but the rest of the armor has diffuse maps applied. So, I'm guessing no diffuse map is the way to go?

Attachments

• argo_zps2w9q5exu.png
    argo_zps2w9q5exu.png
    602.9 KB · Views: 356
Hey, just wanted to extend a "thank you" for these :) About to start the process of cleaning up the Hermes set for my next build...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back