Halo 5: Asset Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you haven't sent your request yet. But, you had mentioned the armor needed to be white. Torso has no texture, but the rest of the armor has diffuse maps applied. So, I'm guessing no diffuse map is the way to go?

The diffuse map is the base colour map - think of it in terms of spray-painting your armour once you've smoothed it. You lay down a neutrally-coloured primer base that won't interfere with the top coat first, then spray over that with your colours - in the same way, the CC (colour channel) map is your colour layer, and the diffuse map is the base onto which you're laying your colour. So, yes, you'll need to use your diffuse map.

I'm not exactly sure how it works myself, if I'm honest. I'm no good with using normals, diffuse and colour channel maps when it comes to rendering up stuff - I use the textures for modelling in extra detail as reference. A friend of mine whipped a brief thing up for me last night as a belated gift to one of my friends, this should show you more of what I mean. I've attached the file below.

Hey, just wanted to extend a "thank you" for these :) About to start the process of cleaning up the Hermes set for my next build...

That's amazing stuff to hear. I look forward to seeing what comes from it!

EDIT: I'll be in London for the next few days - when I return I have some work to do in the Archive and other general cleaning up. Props to ErMaC for pointing out a few discrepancies with categories, and Sierra 107 for putting together an amazing list of armour items for me to work from - as soon as I'm back from my visa interview and I'm settled down again, I'll be actioning on some much-needed work.

Attachments

• DecentPoseMaybe.jpg
    DecentPoseMaybe.jpg
    849.1 KB · Views: 583
Last edited by a moderator:
Chernobyl Makes total sense. Eventually, we will get it right. Well, as far as getting things where they belong in order to get the right results. Awesome render, is your friend a member here on the 405th?

Well it looks like ive missed a bit in my absence, guess ive been slacking too much.

Great job on getting the uploads up Chernobyl, the library is looking mighty spiffy!

Chernobyl Makes total sense. Eventually, we will get it right. Well, as far as getting things where they belong in order to get the right results. Awesome render, is your friend a member here on the 405th?

He isn't, but he threw me out another as a thank-you for getting the texture packs all sorted and uploaded.

Well it looks like ive missed a bit in my absence, guess ive been slacking too much.

Great job on getting the uploads up Chernobyl, the library is looking mighty spiffy!

Thanks kindly for the support. It's hard work, but it pays off in the long run to see people using the resources and making amazing projects come to life from them.

In other news, however:

Firstly: I passed my US Immigration visa and will soon be moving to Virginia, US. As such, my primary focus will be upon getting myself settled down for that. I am therefore suspending all Asset activities until mid-March - this will give me ample time to complete my migration, get settled down into my new life, and to get my new rig set up to process new REQ items.

Secondly: I'm aware that I have a lot of work to do in the Archive, with regards to getting certain resources settled down and with creating new categories for certain armour sets. However, given how busy I've been lately it's gone onto the back burner for a bit - if people have anything they need from me in regards to the Halo 5 Archive ONLY, please leave me a response here. I aim to create a 'To Do List' in my blog that I can refer to whenever I need to get things done, but the first step will be actually setting said list up with items that need to get done.

EDIT: you can find the blog post HERE, I'll create a more permanent, visible link later.

Thirdly: I have plans, down the line, to consolidate Archive entries and to reduce the number of 'duplicate' categories in the future. My aim is to consolidate the Halo ARMOUR section into the following:

Halo Archive > UNSC > Armour Mark (Mk IV/V/VI/Gen 2) > Armour Permutation (Air Assault/ODST/etc etc)

This should decrease the confusion along the board as to where armour files are, particularly in the case of the assets from Halo 4/5. I'll be drawing up a full plan later and running it by you lot to see what you think and whether you'd prefer that over our current system.

Attachments

• Sniper Arestor Front.jpg
    Sniper Arestor Front.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 1,154
Chernobyl it's great news! I think such change is an amazing idea! :D

Also, I would have a big request - do you have a DMR from Halo 5, possibly in HD? Could you please share it, if you do? (will you share other weapons too?)

Chernobyl it's great news! I think such change is an amazing idea! :D

Also, I would have a big request - do you have a DMR from Halo 5, possibly in HD? Could you please share it, if you do? (will you share other weapons too?)

Please check the previous comments and the first post in this thread: I'm unable to obtain weapon assets. As soon as I can you'll know, but there's a HD DMR in the Halo 4 archive that should suit your needs.

Please check the previous comments and the first post in this thread: I'm unable to obtain weapon assets. As soon as I can you'll know, but there's a HD DMR in the Halo 4 archive that should suit your needs.

So sorry. I was bit hoping that perhaps the issue was solved. T_T

There is a problem I did notice however, Chernobyl . The Copperhead helmet OBJ appears to be missing the visor.

I'm afraid you're mistaken - I just tested the pack and found that the helmet does include the visor. Thanks for reporting a potential issue regardless.

I'm also aware that the Recon pack has an issue with the armour genders. However, unfortunately, the tool I use to convert these sets currently is experiencing issues, so a fix may take some time.

I'm afraid you're mistaken - I just tested the pack and found that the helmet does include the visor. Thanks for reporting a potential issue regardless.

I'm also aware that the Recon pack has an issue with the armour genders. However, unfortunately, the tool I use to convert these sets currently is experiencing issues, so a fix may take some time.
Chernobyl Nope, I'm not mistaken. Copperhead is indeed missing the visor. I opened it in 3DS Max 2015, this is the result I get. missingvisor.JPG There is no additional layer featuring the visor. This was downloaded from the file archive yesterday. I just redownloaded it and I have the same issue.

EDIT: I take that back. Apparently I had to adjust my import settings. Silly me :p

Oh btw, if you can ask your friend how he used the color red/green color map and made the other parts glow, that would be awesome. :) Also if he has a rig that he used for the characters because they're unrigged at this time.

Update 20/02/2016 edition:

My main export tool is broken and won't export the files in .OBJ format anymore. Spacemeat has once again stepped up to the plate and provided me with a tool to circumvent this issue - however, unfortunately, the files don't export with UV mapping data, which means that textures won't work with any new/ongoing files from here on. Files that are currently affected are:

Mk V Alpha
Recon (FEMALE VARIANT ONLY)

As soon as this issue is resolved I'll be sure to update the Archive with better files. Also, going on from now: any requests for campaign content and weapons will be ignored - no offence to those who have asked before, but I'm genuinely becoming tired of having to answer the same questions over and over again, and it's becoming frustrating to see that the community has become so bad at reading up before asking questions.

I am unable to access campaign content, and I am unable to access weaponry/vehicle files. I am not withholding content from the community - as soon as I'm able to access further content you'll know.

Finally: I plan to be moving from the UK to the US on the 8th of March - there will be a period around that time where I'm going to be unable to do any sort of Archive work. Please mind our dust.

clara.io is another good tool to use for converting to obj mate. Also I have the link for hq achilles armor if you want to hmu.

clara.io is another good tool to use for converting to obj mate. Also I have the link for hq achilles armor if you want to hmu.

That would be excellent. If you have anything new for me, send me a PM and I'll get it added as soon as possible.

EDIT: it works! Amazing!

Mk V Alpha and the female Recon armour sets have been updated with full UV/texture mapping support in the Archive That's another strike of an item off my list.

That would be excellent. If you have anything new for me, send me a PM and I'll get it added as soon as possible.

EDIT: it works! Amazing!

Mk V Alpha and the female Recon armour sets have been updated with full UV/texture mapping support in the Archive That's another strike of an item off my list.

Sorry haven't checked the forum in a week. I sent you a pm with the achilles hq link. Would have converted it myself but been really busy.

Sorry haven't checked the forum in a week. I sent you a pm with the achilles hq link. Would have converted it myself but been really busy.

That's fine - I honestly prefer having the raw files myself in case I ever need a backup. And, to answer your question: a female set would be very, very helpful. Thank you very much for getting me what you have so far.

EDIT: Achilles set is now ONLINE. A massive thanks to D3FEKT for the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back