Halo 5: Asset Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernobyl

Sr Member
Hi, all, and welcome to the Halo 5 Asset Release Thread. Since most of you are pretty familiar with things by now, I won't bore you all with a long, drawn out introduction. However, I'll take the time now to answer some FAQs for those of you who are new and have some questions:

Q: Why can I only see armour assets, and not weapon/vehicle assets in the Archive?
A: At this time, I'm unable to access general assets - this means that, for the time being, the only raw assets I'll be providing are going to be Spartan armour assets ONLY.

Q: Why can't I find (named asset) in the Archive?
A: Processing these assets takes a lot of time and effort. If you can't find it, the chances are high that I haven't gotten around to processing it yet - be patient, I'll get around to it eventually.

Q: Can you provide me with (named asset) for my machinima project?
A: Put simply: no. I'm processing and uploading these files for use in costuming projects.

Q: I want to know more about how you got these assets. Could you tell me?
A: Absolutely not. Please read THIS post for further information.

----------​

Currently the availability of raw assets stands at: 71 out of 78 processed. Please don't pester me to bump your desired set up the queue - this will have the effect of muddling my schedule up and creating the potential for mistakes. With almost eighty sets to work with, comprised of two genders per set, plus a helmet to pair with the set, there are closing on 240 individual models for me to convert, process and manage - accounting also for texture files for each model, the total count for files in need of processing then rises to almost 560 individual files. That's a lot of work to manage, and the only way I'm able to stay on top of it all and keep track of where I am in the queue is to work through in alphabetical order.

Therefore, I would ask again that you please do not send me messages asking me for a certain individual armour set or file. If you have an issue with a pack (missing files, model issues), feel free to shoot me a PM and we'll work to resolve the issue. Bear in mind that some packs feature helmet files only (for example, the Scanner helmet) - these packs will contain a README file explaining which body file that helmet is parented to in-game (using the previous example, the Scanner helmet is parented to the Soldier armour), so be sure to check thoroughly before sending me a question.

Currently, the assets remaining to be uploaded are as follows:

Helioskrill
Operator
Mk IV
Technician
Teishin
Vector
Warmaster
----------​

Please enjoy these assets - be sure to leave me a message or comment here in the thread if you have any suggestions or questions. Please also consider leaving a 'Like' if you use the download, and consider crediting these assets when you use them - a lot of time and work has gone into obtaining and processing them for your enjoyment, saying 'thank you' isn't too much to ask for.

Attachments

• Athlon Rip.JPG
    Athlon Rip.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 4,176
As always thank you very much Chernobyl! Your "information" has pulled me through some tight situations!.

PS I hope the gift openers get put on the Spartan Naughty list and have Locke sent after them xD

Do I have a way to contact you? i have lots of converted models already, even a few high quality armors.

As always thank you very much Chernobyl! Your "information" has pulled me through some tight situations!.

PS I hope the gift openers get put on the Spartan Naughty list and have Locke sent after them xD

The Gift Openers know who they are, and I've tanned their backsides a lovely shade of Shameful Red. They'll be getting coal in their stockings this year.

Do I have a way to contact you? i have lots of converted models already, even a few high quality armors.

I know, I've seen some of your work, but the likelihood is that nintendstroid passed on my work to you - the vast majority of my free time has been taken up with converting these files into a usable 3D model format. The plan was, as I mentioned before, for nintendstroid and I to make this a special Thanksgiving release for the community, I didn't anticipate the files being shared around so quickly. In honesty, I wasn't even aware that other people had access to the files until I saw the mention of unfolded assets on the 405th European's Facebook page - obviously either these files were being shared without my knowledge and before the time I'd planned to release them, or other people have managed to obtain the models.

If you have unfolded files ready to be uploaded, please shoot me a PM. I've locked off the Halo 5 section of the Archive to prevent people from uploading raw asset files in the incorrect locations, and as soon as the work needed to get the assets into a usable format has been done, they'll be added to the OBJ Archive section and access will be opened up for users to upload their files once more. As I said on the 405th European's Facebook page - OBJ assets belong in the OBJ Assets section, arranged properly and efficiently, in order to maximise their accessibility and reduce the number of files being scattered around.

Any chance of getting the female undersuit up?

I'll make it a priority, certainly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gift Openers know who they are, and I've tanned their backsides a lovely shade of Shameful Red. They'll be getting coal in their stockings this year.

I know, I've seen some of your work, but the likelihood is that nintendstroid passed on my work to you - the vast majority of my free time has been taken up with converting these files into a usable 3D model format. The plan was, as I mentioned before, for nintendstroid and I to make this a special Thanksgiving release for the community, I didn't anticipate the files being shared around so quickly. In honesty, I wasn't even aware that other people had access to the files until I saw the mention of unfolded assets on the 405th European's Facebook page - obviously either these files were being shared without my knowledge and before the time I'd planned to release them, or other people have managed to obtain the models.

If you have unfolded files ready to be uploaded, please shoot me a PM. I've locked off the Halo 5 section of the Archive to prevent people from uploading raw asset files in the incorrect locations, and as soon as the work needed to get the assets into a usable format has been done, they'll be added to the OBJ Archive section and access will be opened up for users to upload their files once more. As I said on the 405th European's Facebook page - OBJ assets belong in the OBJ Assets section, arranged properly and efficiently, in order to maximise their accessibility and reduce the number of files being scattered around.

FYI, I passed on to him guides to convert the models, then sent a bunch I already done. All the files I uploaded were done by all me. This is a community site, we should all be able to help out, not just the selected few. And of course files are shared around without your knowledge. All the files are there to be dumped and converted by anyone.

FYI, I passed on to him guides to convert the models, then sent a bunch I already done. All the files I uploaded were done by all me. This is a community site, we should all be able to help out, not just the selected few. And of course files are shared around without your knowledge. All the files are there to be dumped and converted by anyone.

The point wasn't to try and lock off the project and hog credit for myself and a few other selected people. I would have been more than happy to get you on board to help get the backlog of files cleared away, and have a clean, efficient release where all the files could be unveiled at once, rather than in dribs and drabs. Help is always absolutely great, I don't ever want to be like other people who simply hoard the files and take the credit for themselves - however, at the same time, there needs to be a level of control that ensures all files go in the places they're meant to go, organised efficiently and effectively, and released in a way that doesn't encourage users to start demanding why a set they want isn't already uploaded.

As I said, the entire point of a single release was that the assets were to be a gift to the community at a specific point, when all the work needed to prepare those files had been done. As it stands, I'm still hard at work converting the female armour files, and will be for a number of days still. Add to this the fact that OBJ files were being added to the wrong locations - I hadn't yet added an OBJ Archive to the Halo 5 section to keep all raw asset files consolidated in one area, which makes finding files a lot harder on the public user, and you can quickly see how much of a headache this release has become for me. I don't want users messaging me months into the future because they're unable to find a certain resource because it was misplaced, and I'd prefer not to have users messaging me a few days from now because I haven't managed to upload content they want yet. You only have to see how much of a disaster the Halo: Reach Asset Release thread was to understand how important it was for me to try and get things done in a smooth and efficient manner as possible, to minimise the resentment others might feel.

I was also completely unaware that other people had access to the knowledge needed to access and convert these files. Had nintendstroid mentioned you to me, I'm sure we could have collaborated and saved this mess.

Regardless: I'm not about trying to hog any glory and credit on this project. You're more than welcome to help out with getting these files out and accessible to the public, many hands make light work. However, I manage the Archive and I have to be fairly stringent about how resources are managed on there in order to minimise confusion later on down the line - therefore, a single release with all content fully made ready is the best way to go about things. I realise you're excited to get these files up and available, I am too - but, I want to make sure that the files go where they're supposed to, are organised in a proper fashion, and are grouped along with all the relevant content that modellers may need to enhance the files down the line. If that means locking off the Archive until the downloads are ready, then that's unfortunately what has to happen.

Now, I'd rather not suffer any more drama regarding this release. I'd be very happy to have you help out with getting these resources into a fit state for upload, let's not start breeding resentment.

Last edited by a moderator:
The point wasn't to try and lock off the project and hog credit for myself and a few other selected people. I would have been more than happy to get you on board to help get the backlog of files cleared away, and have a clean, efficient release where all the files could be unveiled at once, rather than in dribs and drabs. Help is always absolutely great, I don't ever want to be like other people who simply hoard the files and take the credit for themselves - however, at the same time, there needs to be a level of control that ensures all files go in the places they're meant to go, organised efficiently and effectively, and released in a way that doesn't encourage users to start demanding why a set they want isn't already uploaded.

As I said, the entire point of a single release was that the assets were to be a gift to the community at a specific point, when all the work needed to prepare those files had been done. As it stands, I'm still hard at work converting the female armour files, and will be for a number of days still. Add to this the fact that OBJ files were being added to the wrong locations - I hadn't yet added an OBJ Archive to the Halo 5 section to keep all raw asset files consolidated in one area, which makes finding files a lot harder on the public user, and you can quickly see how much of a headache this release has become for me. I don't want users messaging me months into the future because they're unable to find a certain resource because it was misplaced, and I'd prefer not to have users messaging me a few days from now because I haven't managed to upload content they want yet. You only have to see how much of a disaster the Halo: Reach Asset Release thread was to understand how important it was for me to try and get things done in a smooth and efficient manner as possible, to minimise the resentment others might feel.

I was also completely unaware that other people had access to the knowledge needed to access and convert these files. Had nintendstroid mentioned you to me, I'm sure we could have collaborated and saved this mess.

Regardless: I'm not about trying to hog any glory and credit on this project. You're more than welcome to help out with getting these files out and accessible to the public, many hands make light work. However, I manage the Archive and I have to be fairly stringent about how resources are managed on there in order to minimise confusion later on down the line - therefore, a single release with all content fully made ready is the best way to go about things. I realise you're excited to get these files up and available, I am too - but, I want to make sure that the files go where they're supposed to, are organised in a proper fashion, and are grouped along with all the relevant content that modellers may need to enhance the files down the line. If that means locking off the Archive until the downloads are ready, then that's unfortunately what has to happen.

Now, I'd rather not suffer any more drama regarding this release. I'd be very happy to have you help out with getting these resources into a fit state for upload, let's not start breeding resentment.

Yeah I fully understand where you are coming from now, makes sense.

For now though, I guess people will just have to wait patiently and make use of the few models floating in the wild. I'm apart of the halo modding community and a handful of them have also started converting over the models. Expect plenty to be floating around before the full release.

Yeah I fully understand where you are coming from now, makes sense.

For now though, I guess people will just have to wait patiently and make use of the few models floating in the wild. I'm apart of the halo modding community and a handful of them have also started converting over the models. Expect plenty to be floating around before the full release.

That's great. If you haven't already gotten it, I have some tools that may make the job a little easier - PM me and we can start to work out what we have and what needs to be done in order to get these files out as soon as possible.

That's great. If you haven't already gotten it, I have some tools that may make the job a little easier - PM me and we can start to work out what we have and what needs to be done in order to get these files out as soon as possible.

Really the only tool needed in this point in time is being able to load armor js's without having to modify the file, though not even the official three.js editor allows it.

Thanks. Any sort of ETA on it? I've got the male one, so all I need now is the female one. Or, if you have info how I could get them myself, that would be appreciated too. Wouldn't mind helping out if I can.

Thanks. Any sort of ETA on it? I've got the male one, so all I need now is the female one. Or, if you have info how I could get them myself, that would be appreciated too. Wouldn't mind helping out if I can.

PM me.

Please refer to THIS post for further information, D3FEKT. I realise you're trying to help, but we don't really need further discussion of how to rip assets on the 405th - privately or otherwise. It's a legally-complex area and I'd rather not risk any trouble coming to the forum as a result of accessing these models.

I'm going to ask everyone else who may have these models: PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE POSTING THEM. This is quickly getting way out of hand, and it's beginning to cause more stress than it's worth. The models will be made available, however - they need to be made available in the correct, organised manner instead of just being thrown up regardless. Believe me, having a little patience now and letting me get things into a ready state for upload will save a lot of headaches down the road, so please, for the love of everything cute and fluffy, curb your enthusiasm, and if you have these models, PM ME INSTEAD OF TRYING TO UPLOAD THEM.

This is the last time I'm going to make this a point - things need to be done properly in the right order. I don't want to stop people from contributing, and I'm happy for any assistance people want to give, but making a mess of the File Archive does not help me out when I'm getting dozens of PMs a week from people asking where a particular file is. Let's get the content in a fit state to be uploaded first before worrying about actually getting it uploaded, please.

Final time: PM me if you have these models rather than complaining that you can't get them online. I don't want to keep having this conversation, it's taking precious time away from work I could be doing to get people these file packs faster.

EDIT: some packs are now going up. Please refer to the HALO 5 OBJ FILES category for more. Downloads will be filled out as time goes on; if your desired content isn't available at present, please keep checking back, as we're constantly uploading new files for your enjoyment. And, again: uploads are, for the moment, disabled for all members to prevent a flood of unorganised asset content. If you have files for upload, please let me know and I'll get them uploaded.

Question, did you get Locke's under armor obj. file or did you simply get armor variants and helmets?
I'm currently working on sketches, but I'd rather wait for you to release it in the archives when it's ready and end up with a more accurate result

Question, did you get Locke's under armor obj. file or did you simply get armor variants and helmets?
I'm currently working on sketches, but I'd rather wait for you to release it in the archives when it's ready and end up with a more accurate result

Unfortunately, the multiplayer/online version of the Hunter armour doesn't feature the custom undersuit as seen in the Campaign, and therefore we'll be unable to provide you with the references you're in need of. Sorry to disappoint.

Just wanted to say thank you guys for these.

Thanks! We're still working on getting things up and running, and unfortunately things have slowed to a crawl with the release of Halo 5, but we're still pecking away at things.

EDIT: the base undersuit pack, Air Assault, Anubis, Argonaut, Argus, Athlon and Hermes packs are now online and ready to be used. I'm still plugging away at the work, but it's a process that takes roughly 15 minutes per armour - half an hour or more per pack. It's slow, tedious work, but I'll try to prioritise the Campaign models in case people want to work on story-based builds (Hunter/Copperhead/Technician/Helljumper/Hermes/Centurion/Argus).

DOUBLE EDIT: edited the first post in this thread to show the progress of uploads. As above, campaign armours will be prioritised, then I'll work in alphabetical order unless there's a pressing desire to see any other specific variants.

Hey! I resized and arranged the unfolded Centurion helmet. As you stated before, the halo 5 section is locked, but I would like to save people the effort of doing it themselves. Just tell me where to send the file.

Hey! I resized and arranged the unfolded Centurion helmet. As you stated before, the halo 5 section is locked, but I would like to save people the effort of doing it themselves. Just tell me where to send the file.

Shoot me a PM, I'll get it uploaded as soon as I have the opportunity to do so.

Quick update:

I'm doing my best to not get burned out with the armour extraction process, but it's taking its toll on me. Therefore, I'll be uploading the helmet files and then taking a break to recuperate - I don't anticipate to be out of action for long, but I do need to get my mind off of this and do some of my own work. I do apologise if this treads on the toes of anybody who was hoping to have these files done for referencing on their own work, but there's only so much I can do without burning myself out.

Again, to reiterate: helmets are going online now, armours will follow as soon as I've taken a breather, sorry to disappoint you guys.

EDIT: Pack Three is now online, I'll work on Pack Two and One at some point to get the helmets online.

EDIT 2: Pack Two is now mostly online, I'll clear the final seven items tomorrow after work, and then the sixteen remaining helmets for Pack One. After that, it'll be me poking away at the armours as and when I can without driving myself absolutely insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back