Second try at Master Chief! Fingers crossed [Pic Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Second try at Master Chief! Fingers crossed

When you run out of this supply of resin, have you put any thought into using epoxamite?

I'd love to use any smooth on product but I'm in the uk and I'm guessing the shipping would be expensive to get it here. I'll have a look for an alternative

Well when you put it that way....I could see where that could hinder getting specific resin's.

Well i made some progress last night on the helmet. It seems like it's the right size but as I'm doing the HD version, all the details are a right pain! I've been thinking of scrapping that and pepping a low def one and detailing it in the filler stage. What do you guys think?

It really all depends on how comfortable you are with creating all the smaller details.

But if it were me, I'd stay with the HD version. Just because I'd want to be able to look back and appreciate the hard work done. Even if it meant the build would take longer, the extra detail would be worth it.

You should never give up! I hope the helmet will be perfectly scaled and you won't have to start again... because it looks great :B

Nah I'm not giving up on it. I did a bit more on it last night and it seems I've got the scale perfect. And I should have a little room for padding too.

Thanks for the advice and kinds words guys n gals :)

Hey all. Has anyone ever hardened a Flying_Squire HD mc helmet without the support peices on?

Progress has been made today....

20151122_173717.jpg

Had a hard time putting the supports in so I may leave them out and make some supports for when I harden it

Attachments

• 20151122_173717.jpg
    20151122_173717.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 168

I've never had the chance to build one yet, but I've seen some posts that have hardened without supports. You might want to see what you can do.

I hope you plan to put the paper visor in even if you don't put the other supports in.

Yeah definitely.... I want to see how far away the visor will be from my face. If it's too close.... it might mean a third build lol

I'm sure if the helmet fits good now the visor won't be a problem.

Think it is a bit too small....

20151123_184759.jpg

I don't get it tho.... I measured the height of my head at 22 cm and I rescaled the height on the pep at 26.5cm to allow for padding....

Attachments

• 20151123_184759.jpg
    20151123_184759.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 126

Another 3 hours work....

20151124_003004_edit_1448325473480.jpg

I'm taking my sweet time on the jaw section ;)

Attachments

• 20151124_003004_edit_1448325473480.jpg
    20151124_003004_edit_1448325473480.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 119

Yeah, I'm thinking that size is still a bit too small for you. Might want to add 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 CM from ear to ear. And by adjusting just the width, it'll balance out the rest of the measurements. I'd say take it up a percentage, but I'm not confident in doing those kind of increment changes personally.

But keep in mind it really matters where you measure from when using the measurement tool, and where you measure yourself too. I've thought I was right on before with a piece from the measurement tool and when i went to put it up on me to test fit, it was no where near as big as I needed it.

And think of it this way...if you need to make it again you'll be an expert at how to assemble it.

Haha, that's true. Still gonna finish it tho.... and use it as a test piece ;)

Looking good so far mate. My fingers are crossed aswell

Is it me or does MC look kinda like a duck when his jaw section on his helmet is inverted???? Lol.

20151125_181101.jpg

Attachments

• 20151125_181101.jpg
    20151125_181101.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 122

Yup, you've finally cracked from the pressure. From that angle it looks tiny next to your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back