Second try at Master Chief! Fingers crossed [Pic Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Second try at Master Chief! Fingers crossed

BOOOOM!

20151126_003829.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, you've finally cracked from the pressure. From that angle it looks tiny next to your hand.

I have girl hands lol

Attachments

• 20151126_003829.jpg
    20151126_003829.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 118

If I could fit my head in the opening it would be perfect size. I may wait til I harden it and cut the jaw section off. And have it as a 2 piece helmet. But as it stands I'm happy with it..... for now lol

It looks awesome up against the torso!!

Well I look forward to see how it turns out after hardening.

And it just matters if you are happy with it.

You and me both buddy. I finished pepping a forearm test last night so I should be starting the forearms either tonight or tomorrow

If I could fit my head in the opening it would be perfect size. I may wait til I harden it and cut the jaw section off. And have it as a 2 piece helmet. But as it stands I'm happy with it..... for now lol

It looks awesome up against the torso!!

Can you fit your head in it if you cut the bottom rim out?

Yeah probably. I've put the bottom supports in now so I can't test til I harden it. Just waiting for a weekend without rain :/

Ok.... I give up!!! im trying to pep a HD Forearm but the little details are kickin my behind!!! here... i'll show you what I mean...

Screen01.jpg

I may leave these bits til I get a 3d printer.....

I feel beaten :(

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 133

Yay I DID IT! I thought why not just print another and try again....

20151130_203620.jpg

Attachments

• 20151130_203620.jpg
    20151130_203620.jpg
    616.4 KB · Views: 112

The fruits of tonight's labour

20151130_235959.jpg

Attachments

• 20151130_235959.jpg
    20151130_235959.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 125

Man, I sure don't look forward to those micro folds. But great job on them though. See...you've got the small stuff no problem. Forget about after the fact details, do them now!

Thanks. Yeah thats what I thought. I try the hardest bits first so it'll only get easier.... but when I think I've got another side to do, it makes me sad lol

Yeah, it's like you celebrate that victory only to be gut punched with the realization that you have to do it again.

Thanks. Yeah thats what I thought. I try the hardest bits first so it'll only get easier.... but when I think I've got another side to do, it makes me sad lol

It's a great way it seems though to do it. As someone else has mentioned it at least keeps the momentum up a little. Really nice work though, I'm on my third helmet pep and third torso as well. Just think of it as practice. :) On your helmet, after you harden it, you can dremel or sand the neck opening to make it wider. If you're close now it might just be enough to do the trick. Good luck!

It's a great way it seems though to do it. As someone else has mentioned it at least keeps the momentum up a little. Really nice work though, I'm on my third helmet pep and third torso as well. Just think of it as practice. :) On your helmet, after you harden it, you can dremel or sand the neck opening to make it wider. If you're close now it might just be enough to do the trick. Good luck!

Thank you. I'm taking the helmet one step at a time. I really don't mind pepping again. Are you make 3 different suits?

Lol. No. I pepped a helmet and chest too small. Then I pepped and resined and fiberglassed a helmet and a chest that was too big. :/ Still working out the kinks on that whole sizing thing. haha. I feel I have a pretty good grasp on it now. Plus finding out that you can measure openings and distances in Pepakura before printing is gonna be a life (or at least hand) saver.

Lol nice. I'm kinda in the same boat. Where did you learn about the pepakura measurement thing? That will come in handy

Hahahah, I'm in the same boat. XD
BUT, I had to do all the pieces, the feet, thighs, helmet... 2-4 times to get them right... I was lucky enough to have scaled the chest perfectly on the first try. xD

But, keep it up! I'll work :D The helmet looked nice and it didn't look too small.

Hahahah, I'm in the same boat. XD
BUT, I had to do all the pieces, the feet, thighs, helmet... 2-4 times to get them right... I was lucky enough to have scaled the chest perfectly on the first try. xD

But, keep it up! I'll work :D The helmet looked nice and it didn't look too small.

Thanks. Can't wait to resin them.... just need it to stop raining grrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back