Second try at Master Chief! Fingers crossed [Pic Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

krad2004

As a fellow 405th member suggested later in this thread, I will post my real world body measurements and the scale I used on each piece I pep to help other member to gauge the scale of their projects. The great idea award goes to Philthy Stache.

My Real World Measurements (will be updated as I go)

Sketch56125419.png

I will be posting the files I used too ;)

Anyways.... on to the beginning of this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Howdy 405th. I'm giving making halo armor another go after the devistating act of God that ended my last attempt (shelf fell on my peppet helmet) a few years ago.

Now I'm a lot older and far wiser (duh, lol) I've decided to make sure all the shelves in my house are secure and not to put any of my project under them...... lmao.

Here some pics of my progress so far

20151102_221837.jpg

20151102_221909.jpg

Hope them pics worked lol

Attachments

• 20151102_221909.jpg
    20151102_221909.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 213
  • 20151102_221837.jpg
    20151102_221837.jpg
    528.2 KB · Views: 213
  • Sketch56125419.png
    Sketch56125419.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 218
Re: Second try at Master Chief! Fingers crossed

Looks good so far. Nice clean lines. I'm super protective of my pep stuff until it gets glassed, I imagine that first devastation is going to affect your habits for some time.

Thanks and definitely! I also have kids that wanna help lol. So im super super careful where I stash my peps :)

Those lines are pristine. Do you only score with a ball point pen?

I would also like to know how you scored your helmet. I used only pen when I started out but it didn't work well enough. The only way I can get it that close is with a X-acto blade.

Thanks for your kind words :)

Yeah, just a ball point and a ruler. I make sure I press down and go over each line multiple times. But be careful I don't go through. If you look on the back of the card you can see the indentation. Then when ive cut it out, I press the tab down on the table to make the fold straight instead of bending it with my fingers :)

Oh, and I also cut with a ruler too... but be very careful doing it that way because the ruler can slip if you don't press it down hard enough

I'm currently Pepping Rundown's mkVI torso and iv run into a problem. In the pic below I've circled the area that I don't understand. My question is are those hole supposed to be holes or are they filled in with something. I've been looking at master cheif reference images and it looks black like it's the under suit. When I click on that part on the pep file it highlights a piece with no tabs. Any advice would be awesome :)

20151106_173533.jpg

Attachments

• 20151106_173533.jpg
    20151106_173533.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 212

It is meant to be open in that file. If you use the FlyingSquirrel file it not only has pieces to fit in those recesses, but also the "collar" type piece that goes around the opening of the neck.

If you decide to keep using this file, i would recommend gluing a piece of foam to the back of that area, and cutting in the recessed areas.

So in doing much of my research for a MC build, I came across this thread http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=33640 which talks about what you are asking about above, also what Meatwad is talking about too. It won't mention it til about half way down the first page. But he's also got tons of great pics and goes into extensive detail about his whole build throughout his thread.

Good luck with your build.

Thanks for the help Philthy. I did loads of searching on here and can't believe I didn't come across that one. It's perfect, thanks. Now, after seeing his pictures, I fear I've either make the helmet too big or the torso too small

I can now confirm that my helm is way too big. I got the scaling method from a vid on youtube. I just used a method from here and it shows that I was 5cm out. D'oh! Lol. At least it was all practice eh? It's all good :)

Well that certainly sucks about having to rebuild your helmet. But I'm glad I could be of use. I only found that thread because I have enough free time at work and get really bored and dug deep into all the old threads that are buried.

At least now you have a "mock" helmet and can use it for practice or as a tester for the rest of your build. Such as trying different resins, or layout of lights/padding, or something along that line. In the event you want to try something but aren't sure about it and don't want to use an actual part that you want to keep. Just food for thought. Or you can finish it later and have a simple display helmet.

Haha. Never thought.... the kids have it now. It's been coloured with pencil crayons and crushed a little. Still, the think dad's awesome for making them a cheif helmet lol. And I'll know for next time lol

The price you pay when you pep without numbers and you don't pay attention.... no big deal tho... I'll sort it out in the body filler stage ;)

20151108_193115.jpg

Attachments

• 20151108_193115.jpg
    20151108_193115.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 203

HA HA...sorry, don't mean to laugh....well...yes I do. Only because I've been there before myself.

But it's definitely shaping up. Keep it going.

It's ok... I laughed too lol. Nearly completed half of this piece. Will post pics tomorrow

You should have kept it and made it into a lampshade. lol

Lol. That another good idea..... I might rebuild a big one just to do that!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back