STUCK: can't get files due to improper format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark117

can someone please help me? i want to build a Halo 4 Master Chief but i can't get the conversion softwear. can someone please help me find a PDF file for a full Master Chief armor for halo 4?

can't download it. it doesn't work for the computer im using. firewall blocking it from coming through. i need to find files that are in PDF already but can't

can't download it. it doesn't work for the computer im using. firewall blocking it from coming through. i need to find files that are in PDF already but can't

You should be able to temporarily disable your firewall and allow the file through, or make an exception to allow it through.

PDF files honestly aren't the best way to go about working with Pepakura, it's very difficult to use and get your work scaled properly.

Yeah I've been looking for pdf format as well for about 2 months now....ziltch....still building my helmet so the suit aspect is on hold till i get my Pepakura.

well i can't disable the firewall without going through hours of boring paperwork. the computer is a school computer (becaus i don't have one at home). but it can't convert anything. so i need the parts in PDF or something like it

in in the same boat. work computer is heavily restricted and have macs at home which is incomparable w/ Pepakura

well i can't disable the firewall without going through hours of boring paperwork. the computer is a school computer (becaus i don't have one at home). but it can't convert anything. so i need the parts in PDF or something like it
Even if can download the files, you still need to open it with Pep Designer and I highly doubt that they will let you install that in their computers. My suggestion is to install Pep Designer on a USB flash drive and take it to a place that rents out computer time like Staples and you can print them out too while you're at it.

in in the same boat. work computer is heavily restricted and have macs at home which is incomparable w/ Pepakura
Actually, there's a way to run Pep Designer on a Mac and that's without partitioning your hard drive and installing Windows. Check Post #4 on this thread.

well i can't disable the firewall without going through hours of boring paperwork. the computer is a school computer (becaus i don't have one at home). but it can't convert anything. so i need the parts in PDF or something like it<br><br>

okay i think i can do it on a older model but at home. the printer isn't the right one for copyscript paper. i still need to take it to school to print it but still have to get past the fire wall. any ideas. and no there isn't a staples near me

okay i think i can do it on a older model but at home. the printer isn't the right one for copyscript paper. i still need to take it to school to print it but still have to get past the fire wall. any ideas. and no there isn't a staples near me
Install a free PDF printer like CutePDF on your home computer and print out the pep as a PDF file. Take this to school and you should be able to print this on cardstock at school.

Mark, let me know if it worked. Still looking for pdf. having issues w/ computer at home. need to do this at work.

going to try the conveting today. cutePDF couldn't download again. im getting a teacher to help me and he said google docs have converters. going to try that today. i'll let you know how it goes.

well I'm screwed. me and the teacher tried everything but we can't convert the files. if anyone reading this can convert, please do. PDF is the only files we can use, can't download CutePDF, or Pepakura, or any other conversion software. if you are reading this please convert the files and repost the files in the thread. until then the project is on hold for me. at least till we can figure something out or someone else converts it.

I'm in the same boat. I've been building the MC helmet from Gamescanners and using foamboard. Much thicker than cardstock but thinner than EVA. Each piece had to be re-cut and beveled to fit. However, once assembly started, I didn't know which way some of the folds were so posed to go and I ended up trying to reverse engineer the build. Now i have 2 separate pieces that don't match up correctly and the angles are all off on the base of the helmet. Its a disaster. They did say that the helmet is the hardest part of the build......and they were right. Either we need a pdf or I'm going to have to do something drastic to get Pep Designer........

okay im back. Are there any other converters besides Pepakura that are good for this? i got a old Dell laptop from 07. barely functioning but it works, anything that can be converted with a windows operating system?

Check out EVAkura's tutorial on foam. It's in the Archives. There are PDF templates rough draft but usable there. And he has a whole slew of tutorials, written and video. Check him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back