The Force Awakens Stormtrooper Armor Build [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, thermos pep is finished. For whatever reason, this piece took a really long time to make even though it was pretty small. The internal piece is kind of a pain to put together because it is a closed piece. I haven't ever rondo'd anything before, but this might be my first go at it.

mAHCxfP.jpg

jb4eLgL.jpg

IMO, this thing should not have been two pieces. This configuration will keep the internal cylinder as perfectly straight as possible, which is one upside. I think having it be two pieces significantly increased the size of the hurdle that this pep posed, which is definitely a downside.

P2mkxhW.jpg

In other news, I started cutting out the pieces for the chest "bib" (putting the arms on hold for now). The only reason I held off on pepping this piece until now is because I wanted to have the sports bra (back/shoulders) piece into the fiberglass phase. Without it as support, the bib could warp/lose shape. I'll probably cover the sports bra in plastic wrap when I resin the bib, just so that it assumes the correct contour. But I am getting ahead of myself.

Speaking of getting ahead of myself, I think I'll be removing a significant amount of material from the sports bra after the bib is into fiberglass. My plan it so determine whether it's feasible to shape the back/shoulders piece into a yoke similar to what Anovos did with theirs. Removing the material underneath the bib would make it so that I don't have to do this chest piece as a two-piece clamshell like I did with Master Chief. The clamshell thing is really annoying -- putting it on correctly requires another person to be around. If possible, it's nice to avoid building in that kind of thing.

The material missing from the top of the piece in this image makes me think I can get away with it:

Zk8CYXI.png

We shall see.

Oh, and the helmet is finished with fiberglass for the time being, and I started sanding the exterior with 60 grit. Unfortunately, my sander **** itself. Seriously - there were ball bearings coming out of the bottom of it. Probably what you get for buying a consumer grade electric sander. To prove that I have learned my lesson, I have basically the same one coming in the mail later this week.

Attachments

• mAHCxfP.jpg
    mAHCxfP.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 209
  • jb4eLgL.jpg
    jb4eLgL.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 191
  • P2mkxhW.jpg
    P2mkxhW.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Zk8CYXI.png
    Zk8CYXI.png
    884.2 KB · Views: 217
What weapon are you going to do??!?? (besides the thermal detonator)

Great question! I have no idea. I haven't actually decided whether or not I'm going to try to pep something, buy a prop off of therpf, mod a nerf gun...

if you have any suggestions I'm all ears

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have any suggestions I'm all ears

I really like the idea of modding nerf guns, but if you can afford it a nice pre-made weapon could really complete the pro look.. As for which, I've always been a fan of the standard E-11 and I thought they did a nice remake with the F-11D blaster rifle with those slick white parts. Just the pistol is pretty weak for a trooper, so I wouldn't go that route. But, I think standard issue is the F-11D rifle with a holstered SE-44C pistol. I love Star Wars! :D

As for weapon NERF did a really great replica of TFA weapons, so just by repainting it, it would do a great prop.

Nice build, awhile back I downloaded the files and they worked. I built my helmet. Then I go back to look for the files and they are no there so I come back to download them again, however they do not work anymore. Any ideas?

Oh well nevermind my comment. Before I had them downloaded they just wouldn't work. I figured out I can copy the file and paste it into pepakura. I'm a genious.

[emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360] looking great, I'd never have the patience to pep all of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back