Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you make your visor :D

pls don't kill me, I'm just an ODST I'm not even under your command :D

Since Spartans are a branch, we're above you. That means I can command you. >:3

Be careful there, Shock Trooper! The Commander is in a bit of a mood, wouldn't want you getting tossed in the brig because of bad timing!

Yes, exactly. When I'm angry - I punch things, when I'm unsure - I kick things. :D

I am getting sick of people asking you how you made the visor too.

Now, how did you get the hex pattern on your undersuit again?

Thank you very much!
To me it's like - not doing any research, not even reading through the thread or anything, just seeing one photo and immediately scrolling down and writing "how did you make the visor".
I see it generally as someone was too lazy to read on their own and don't want to waste any time and they expect ME to waste my time explaining it to them, how I did it and what did I use, etc.
I mean - when I want to find out something, I read and do some research, in threads I find most answers or even more! Then I don't have to bother someone asking the same question many other people already asked. PLUS, I gained knowledge through reading.
I try to be polite and help, but when I see the question for like 100th time - I'm like NOPE. -_-

I'm not saying a word this time.........:angel

Nooooo! :(

Soo, how did you make the visor again? Lol! And for the record Commander, I tend to go rogue most of the time.:D Sorry, Mesh but it looks like you be in time out for a little while.

Alright, small update as I didn't get done too much done, as I didn't work for too long.

But yeah, just sanded the helmet and sanded the forearm, which is still not even near finishing.
Tomorrow I'll work way more.

However, today came my fans and battery boxes for the helmet! :D

WP_20160608_18_35_04_Pro.jpg

And my transport case came, which is huuuuge! 100x62x60cm which is huge o.o
I grabbed some armor parts I had laying around and while many are still missing, there is more than enough space left. :D
Yay!

WhatsApp-Image-20160608.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Soo, how did you make the visor again? Lol! And for the record Commander, I tend to go rogue most of the time.:D Sorry, Mesh but it looks like you be in time out for a little while.

I'm a Spartan, I don't do this stuff. I get it done by the eggheads, I just request it, they get it done... and they get it done, because they know I'd start punching things. :D

Boys, boys. **** Cmdr Palmer off and there's hell to pay. You should all know that by now. :D

I like how you talk, Spartan.

Hey, I had fans arrive today too! Blower fans though...

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Thanks! :D
That's why I have to weather and damage it! :D
New from factory with that new fresh smell? No thank you, it has to get some damage and scratches and all that. >:D
It's funny when you're doing something to look as good as you can just to damage and scratch it afterwards... heh.

Just as general info everyone: I've been writing in this thread and answering it too many times already, so I won't anymore - you can search the thread if you want, but I won't do it for you, with all due respect.

That's why my signature is the way it is. Too many repeat questions that are either silly, tedious or pointless.

You could also make a table of contents in your first post, help point out where the visor posts are, or the undersuit, or forearms, etc. I know it would have helped me as I repeatedly came back to drool over your photos. ;)

You could also make a table of contents in your first post, help point out where the visor posts are, or the undersuit, or forearms, etc. I know it would have helped me as I repeatedly came back to drool over your photos. ;)

That's just so wrong on so many different levels.........:facepalm

Hey, I had fans arrive today too! Blower fans though...

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Nice! :D

HECK YES finally a 5V fan!.... I cant tell you how happy this makes me inside.

Yay! :D I heard 11V drain the battery a lot more and also I don't need so much airflow, haha.

That's why my signature is the way it is. Too many repeat questions that are either silly, tedious or pointless.

And I still see people can't read and ask you the same things over and over again. :3

---

Why do you drool over the photos I post? :D
My build isn't a tutorial thread. Normally I am not obligated to share or explain anything, to be honest. Yet, I do simply out of my free will to help people out.
To be honest I think I did enough to help people out in my whole thread - explaining things (over and over again). I shared = wrote and answered all these things many many times.
If someone wants to know something - they can go through the thread and search themselves.

That's just so wrong on so many different levels.........:facepalm

LOL :D

ALso, as a side note - recently I completely updated my first post on the thread, just mainly sharing some backstory and some

Nice! :D

Yay! :D I heard 11V drain the battery a lot more and also I don't need so much airflow, haha.

And I still see people can't read and ask you the same things over and over again. :3

---

^ basically this, Dirtdives

My build isn't a tutorial thread. Normally I am not obligated to share or explain anything, to be honest. Yet, I do simply out of my free will to help people out.
To be honest I think I did enough to help people out in my whole thread - explaining things (over and over again). I shared = wrote and answered all these things many many times.
If someone wants to know something - they can go through the thread and search themselves.

ALso, as a side note - recently I completely updated my first post on the thread, just mainly sharing some backstory and some

I was referring to PerniciousDuke and his drooling over the photos of your build.......Not about the constant repetitive questions....You are 100% right in the way you field those questions.....that's all I was saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Late daily update... x_x

I'll be honest, I didn't work on the forearm for as long as I'd have wanted, so I'll finish it this weekend, maybe tomorrow.
I was making more mix, so I started applying it on the helmet as well.

WP_20160609_19_01_02_Pro.jpg

AND I worked on the left forearm. Yes. I destroyed it.
Added some physical scratches.

WP_20160609_18_59_20_Pro.jpg

And started to paint it. And no, it isn't finished yet either.
Looks so much better and more real than that shiny plastic looking thing. :p

WP_20160610_02_53_42_Pro.jpg

---

Finally the Commander gets some paperwork done!

No! Paperwork is the worst thing ever. ;_;
Worst part of my job, seriously. I'd rather do anything, even hang out with the eggheads whole day but not touch the paperwork. :/

I was referring to PerniciousDuke and his drooling over the photos of your build.......Not about the constant repetitive questions....You are 100% right in the way you field those questions.....that's all I was saying.

Sorry haha. Why is it so bad on so many levels to look on photos? :D

WP_20160610_02_53_42_Pro.jpg

WP_20160609_18_59_20_Pro.jpg

WP_20160609_19_01_02_Pro.jpg

The photos are broken. [emoji17]

The photos are broken. [emoji17]

Fixed, dunno why sometimes photos don't work...

Glad you fixed them, those look great!

Why do you drool over the photos I post? :D

If you're phishing for a compliment, you're very pretty. ;)
But, I drool because I want a visor like yours! I want anything like yours! Your stuff always turns out so good, even when you think you've messed it up it's still amazing!! I know you're not a tutorial thread, but every build thread (a detailed one) is a tutorial thread. No you don't have to answer questions, because yes most of the answers are already here, that's why I suggested typing in a quick table of contents. I can't even count how many people I've stood in front of my computer to show them your visor, I know what page it is on now, but it would have been nice to have a quick reminder. You don't owe us anything though! You're doing amazing work and I am happy just to watch. Thanks for everything!
Dirtdives no words. :facepalm

If you're phishing for a compliment, you're very pretty. ;)
But, I drool because I want a visor like yours! I want anything like yours! Your stuff always turns out so good, even when you think you've messed it up it's still amazing!! I know you're not a tutorial thread, but every build thread (a detailed one) is a tutorial thread. No you don't have to answer questions, because yes most of the answers are already here, that's why I suggested typing in a quick table of contents. I can't even count how many people I've stood in front of my computer to show them your visor, I know what page it is on now, but it would have been nice to have a quick reminder. You don't owe us anything though! You're doing amazing work and I am happy just to watch. Thanks for everything!
Dirtdives no words. :facepalm

I didn't! Lol, I never post photos of myself, as in I either post pictures of my armor or me acting as a dummy to still make a picture of the armor. :p

Sorry, if I sounded bit harsh - lately I've been asked about the same things again and again both here and on my facebook page.

Maybe not now, but after I finish the build I might change the post and write more details down like you said. (for tutorials like visor I'll do a new thread anyway)
But for now I just update my in-progress list and build.

Yet another daily update and again I didn't sit for as long as I'd have wanted - I wasn't sure if I'd have enough fiberglass cloth - so I had to get it... Turned out I still had enough, by the way, but I'll still need that cloth.

I added some fiberglass and rondo'd the rest of the inside of the helmet - initially I rondo'd only the back and top of the helmet and still had to do the whole bottom and the top around the visor.
I also did the sides and covered the holes on the cheeks - why? My first cut was very rough and uneven and I was TOTALLY NOT satisfied with that. Now when I'll cut out the holes again I'll make it straight and smooth.
I could leave it like that - closed, but why? What for?
Also, as you can see the visor area is no so thick and smooth. :D

As for the forearm - I'm almost finished! From both pictures you should spot the difference, hehe.
No, seriously, almost done. It's round and smooth, I just have to fill the imperfections, the little holes and such.

WP_20160610_19_34_02_Pro.jpg

WP_20160610_20_27_00_Pro.jpg

While sanding - wear a mask, ANY mask at all. Seriously. There is so much damn dust. I can't imagine doing it indoors...
By the way, the t-shirt was black... once.

WP_20160610_19_37_21_Pro.jpg

Aaand finished adding the details to the forearm - the metal and made the lines more visible.
STILL not finished - have to make it more used and dirty.

WP_20160611_01_21_31_Pro.jpg

I was planning on finishing the forearm today... WAS... But then I watched a movie.
The Last Witch Hunter with Vin Diesel and Rose Leslie and Sir Michael Caine... and I REALLY enjoyed that! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back