Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, for left shoulder, what plasma damage would be better?

First one is a reminder of an energy sword that went into the shoulder - the edge would have a bigger dent and molten armor.
Second
is just a dent and molten armor after a plasma shot - the size isn't determined, I could make it bigger/different shape, it's just a concept to visualize.

//I'm leaning more to the damage from an energy sword and make plasma damage on the chest, but just wanted to hear some opinions.//

v1.jpgv2.jpg

Ohh very good! It looks amazing. Good to see some fans of Palmer!

("IT'S A TRAP!")

Thanks. :)
Yah, Palmer doesn't get the love she deserves... Rather she gets the hate she doesn't deserve, hah.

Hell yeah ! Its looking absolutely fantastic! Keep up the great work!

Thank you. :)
I'm trying!

Unfortunately, I don't see myself visiting Gamescom this year. Will have to wait for the photos... :behave
Shoulder piece is looking awesome! What can I say, no surprise... :D

Maybe next year, then! :)
Thank you.

Wow its looking so good :D

Thanks!

I like the energy sword mark.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

same for me, the sword dent looks cooler... I guess because it's not a "standard" round hole but rather a longish cut... and it means you got into melee combat and made use of your knife. And survived it, most probably in contrast to whoever was on the other end of the knife.

I have a question, for left shoulder, what plasma damage would be better?

First one is a reminder of an energy sword that went into the shoulder - the edge would have a bigger dent and molten armor.
Second
is just a dent and molten armor after a plasma shot - the size isn't determined, I could make it bigger/different shape, it's just a concept to visualize.
In my opinion it's clearly the first option. I mean, thinking of doing damage to this awesome kind of works makes me :cry - but if damage has to be done, I'd go with the sword-burn-mark...

I like the energy sword mark.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

same for me, the sword dent looks cooler... I guess because it's not a "standard" round hole but rather a longish cut... and it means you got into melee combat and made use of your knife. And survived it, most probably in contrast to whoever was on the other end of the knife.

In my opinion it's clearly the first option. I mean, thinking of doing damage to this awesome kind of works makes me :cry - but if damage has to be done, I'd go with the sword-burn-mark...

Thanks, guys!
Totally going now for the sword damage. :D

Why would there be sword damage on your shoulder? Surely plasma shot damage makes more sense for shoulders and sword for the torso area.

Just an opinion, though. Both'll look very nice.

Why would there be sword damage on your shoulder? Surely plasma shot damage makes more sense for shoulders and sword for the torso area.

Covie aims to take Palmer's head off.

Palmer dodges.

Energy sword strikes palmers shoulder.

Palmer dodges.

Would they go for the head, though?

Something similar to what you described would absolutely be feasible. I just never considered an energy sword to be a tool for beheading.

Something similar to what you described would absolutely be feasible. I just never considered an energy sword to be a tool for beheading.

I think that they would. Overhand/backhand slashes are easier than thrusts and even an off target strike to the head/neck area that connects would cause serious damage or injury.

Palmer dodges.

Not really. Chest area is something your body instinctively protects most. With all limbs. It's rather body's instinct than your conscious decision.
Of course, if it has the time to react.
Sometimes there isn't enough time for it to react or it's your conscious decision to take the blow to the chest.

Lol, I think no one thought about beheading til now. Energy sword goes way too good into the body, haha.

Elites and Spartans mainly aim for the torso - ab section and chest.
Elite swings - Spartan dodges to the side, instead of getting struck to the chest, having just a scratch on the shoulder armor plate.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that they would. Overhand/backhand slashes are easier than thrusts and even an off target strike to the head/neck area that connects would cause serious damage or injury.

These are easier, but also a lot easier to miss.
Also, Energy Sword cuts through stuff like a lightsaber - like butter, that's why IMO they go for torso, because it's harder to miss.

Not really. Chest area is something your body instinctively protects most. With all limbs. It's rather body's instinct than your conscious decision.
Of course, if it has the time to react.
Sometimes there isn't enough time for it to react or it's your conscious decision to take the blow to the chest.

Lol, I think no one thought about beheading til now. Energy sword goes way too good into the body, haha.

Elites and Spartans mainly aim for the torso - ab section and chest.
Elite swings - Spartan dodges to the side, instead of getting struck to the chest, having just a scratch on the shoulder armor plate.

- - - Updated - - -

These are easier, but also a lot easier to miss.
Also, Energy Sword cuts through stuff like a lightsaber - like butter, that's why IMO they go for torso, because it's harder to miss.

Yes. Except that you aren't just aiming for the head Overhand/backhand strikes with edged and blunt weapons to the head/upper body are usually done on the diagonal. They can take in most of the upper body (another reason for the damage to the shoulder), hitting the head is just an added bonus.

I think Palmer would rate an attempted beheading though. You know, if I was I a Sangheili.

Alright, here is an update, although just a small one.
Last few days have been rainy and stormy, so no sanding - as I said I can only do it outside... and I can't sand when it's raining... T.T

BUT, I've been brainstorming how to fix the shins I've destroyed earlier.

Bit of backstory and explanation:
Some time ago - like MONTHS ago, I thought I'll make the middle parts on the shins out of foam, for more comfort... BUT, seeing that I'll have to attach the knee pad to it, it will be better to have a strong and permanent piece, not foam that could break or bend...

Back to the present, when it's been raining, I thought I'll try to redo the shins completely from scratch, because well, less hassle and I think I could do them better now.
BUT, I scaled it wrong, the middle parts have turned out to be too big. :(
//angry Palmer cursing and punching things - I SPENT WHOLE EVENING PEPPING THIS UNTIL 2AM! >:[//
But, before I destroyed the shin, I thought I'll salvage the middle parts I needed... checked if it fit... IT DID! Not a total failure.
Printed out second, pepped and had to use some tape to secure everything together.

Oh the photo below, this is how the salvaged shins look like, hah! And yeah, already covered these with layer of resin.

WP_20160716_19_05_58_Pro.jpg

Just extra photo when I was mudglassing the remaining parts.

WP_20160717_01_59_20_Pro.jpg

Aaaand here is the result of my litttle salvaging thing. As you see - hard to spot that these don't fit together. :D
Now I'll just proceed to normal bondo'ing and sanding.

It's very useful, I think I'll be doing the thighs the same way... and it could be useful for other people too! o.o
Like - I am not build like a Spartan - short legs and big feet, more like a Hobbit-like... and leg parts fit me either for length or width. So... could also come in handy, because we all differently built. :)

WP_20160717_18_08_03_Pro.jpg
WP_20160717_18_08_47_Pro.jpg

Also, I've been sanding that shoulder again today. Almost finished.
Tomorrow I'm sure I'll be finishing it, making all the details and damage.

WP_20160717_20_46_36_Pro.jpg

I might post some more updates today, as I think I'll be painting that other shoulder, etc.

//Also, I think bugs and mosquitoes hate me...//

WP_20160717_18_56_14_Pro.jpg

If they hated you, they would stay away.......they like you.....sweet blood and all.......just consider it as "battle damage".....

Alright! It was a very hard day, but I managed to finish the shoulder! Damn, worked hard and long today... But managed to do it.

Also, I shown it to our European Regiment with a shocked emoticon, poor kaween thought that an accident happened to my shoulder! Turned out I did it on purpose... you know, the energy sword damage. ;)

WhatsApp-Image-20160718.jpg

Alright! After it got dark, worked on that plasma damage and molten metal effect. Finished it and just painted it very quickly to actually see how it looks like.
I approve, so tomorrow I'll move on to paint the whole piece. :)

//in case anyone's wondering, I used hot glue for that molten effect, like on the earlier pieces//

WhatsApp-Image-20160719.jpg

If they hated you, they would stay away.......they like you.....sweet blood and all.......just consider it as "battle damage".....

Well, I could consider it... :( They just try to survive...

:eek
If only we had access to crazed emoticon emotions on here. Sometimes words are never enough. I'm digging the plasma damage!

Plasma damage looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back