Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Palmer) Build [+ more]

Nice Work!
Keep going! :D

Looks great!! Keep up the good work! Good luck on the completion date.

Thank you... and sadly I know I won't get everything in time, but at least I'm trying to get the armor done... I don't think I'll be able to finish undersuit. xD

Your build is movie quality stuff. It is amazing.

Thank you! :D I don't think it's even close to movie-quality (fan-film xD), but happy to hear you like it. :D
Well, soft stuff for visor is nice as you can always bend it to fit and an alternative to hard vacuum-formed visors, but a con is that it won't be 100% nice and straight. XD

Also, I re-did the visor. ._. I didn't really like the first attempt and now I sprayed only lightly inside.
The vision and visibility is GREAT, you can see here:

DSC00628.JPG

But, as you can see on the video, you can my eyes little bit.

So... I wanted to ask you a question - what would you recommend? Keep it like it is or paint another light layer to make my eyes inside less visible?

Last edited by a moderator:

If at a con and the lights are a bit low, no one is going to see you eyes. If you make the visor too opaque, and it's dark, you won't be able to see anything.

You also have to remember that people will be looking at all of your costume. With how cool it's looking, they are going to be too busy to see if they can spot your eyes. :p I think it looks great!

You also have to remember that people will be looking at all of your costume. With how cool it's looking, they are going to be too busy to see if they can spot your eyes. :p I think it looks great!

That to. I was thinking more of safety than ascetics, but yeah people will be checking out the overall look of the suit.

Didn't really think about that... o.o Good point!
Well, the eyes are like... barely visible in low-light. I don't have strong light in my room... So in better day-light it'll be less visible and like you said - with the whole costume it'll blend in.

If at a con and the lights are a bit low, no one is going to see you eyes. If you make the visor too opaque, and it's dark, you won't be able to see anything.
That to. I was thinking more of safety than ascetics, but yeah people will be checking out the overall look of the suit.

Thanks! Yeah, on the first attempt I've realized when I had dark in the room that it was quite impossible to see. xD
I was thinking about safety and visibility too... that's why I had the dilemma. xD
I like to see more than less. Thanks. I guess I always over-focus on the details...

Oh, and what I finally used for the visor is this tinted foil. I bought it blue and it's great.
Well, as before, this is the tinted film used for car lights and I airbrushed it with chrome transparent paint, earlier I put the hexagon decals. :D

Any chance we could get a link on what it was that you used? I've been following along with you in the other thread as well because my next helmet will also have an "interesting visor situation," but so far nothing solid apart from your amazing looking visor. So you mention a tinted foil and then a tinted film.. could you link to where you purcahased it/them? Also, never heard of chrome transparent paint, but that sounds awesome. Lastly, the hexagon decals.. did you make those? I know too many questions, but I would really love to know and even though it will be awhile till I use it I have been collecting helpful links in a word document.

Excellent work! All you done so far looks great. Keep up the good work

Wow Mara, I have no idea how I missed your thread.... The armour looks amazing!

Keep up the great work and the great posts!

"I'm just a witness"

Everything is looking extremely good so far. I love the fact that your going with major battle damage. Brings the character to life

That visor is IMPRESSIVE. Very cool build and VERY good work. Excited to see the finished product.

Thanks for sharing your build! Love what you did with the visor. I've done some pep and foam builds, but working on my first Halo build, I'm enjoying learning from what others are doing or have done. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Really really impressive!
As I told you on the facebook group you are doing an awesome work:) and you give a lot of really usefull advices and tools.
Thanks again
Keep going on :)

Just stumbled over this build.
*tips hat*
Wonderful job. And that visor trick will be useful for a lot of people, no doubt, me included. Thank you for that one ! (curses his worbla purchase. :) )

Re: Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor Build

Pretty late response to this part of your build but I'm currently working on some Chief armor and i was wondering what gloves you used for the under part because they seem perfectly fitting to whats needed. Great job so far!!!

I was definitely curious to see how the visor would go, very nice work! Its looking really really good ^_^

I had the same problem with my visor, I didn't make it though so I cant really complain, but what about fixing some sunglasses into the helmet? You have the added bonus of UV protection then :b

Any chance we could get a link on what it was that you used? I've been following along with you in the other thread as well because my next helmet will also have an "interesting visor situation," but so far nothing solid apart from your amazing looking visor. So you mention a tinted foil and then a tinted film.. could you link to where you purcahased it/them?

Any update on this? Is there a link to what was used?

Any chance we could get a link on what it was that you used? I've been following along with you in the other thread as well because my next helmet will also have an "interesting visor situation," but so far nothing solid apart from your amazing looking visor. So you mention a tinted foil and then a tinted film.. could you link to where you purcahased it/them? Also, never heard of chrome transparent paint, but that sounds awesome. Lastly, the hexagon decals.. did you make those? I know too many questions, but I would really love to know and even though it will be awhile till I use it I have been collecting helpful links in a word document.

The foil/film was actually the same thing. I'll try to explain it soon, ok? :D
I thought of making quick YT video about it.

Excellent work! All you done so far looks great. Keep up the good work

Thank you so much! :D

Wow Mara, I have no idea how I missed your thread.... The armour looks amazing!

Keep up the great work and the great posts!

"I'm just a witness"

Wow! Thank you very much, haha :D

Everything is looking extremely good so far. I love the fact that your going with major battle damage. Brings the character to life

Thanks ;) Yeah, that's why I like with battle damage.

That visor is IMPRESSIVE. Very cool build and VERY good work. Excited to see the finished product.

Thank you! :D

Thanks for sharing your build! Love what you did with the visor. I've done some pep and foam builds, but working on my first Halo build, I'm enjoying learning from what others are doing or have done. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Thank you very much, happy you like it. ;)

Really really impressive!
As I told you on the facebook group you are doing an awesome work:) and you give a lot of really usefull advices and tools.
Thanks again
Keep going on :)

Thank you very much. :D
I don't know a lot yet, but I try to work things out and if I discover something good - I try to share it :D

Just stumbled over this build.
*tips hat*
Wonderful job. And that visor trick will be useful for a lot of people, no doubt, me included. Thank you for that one ! (curses his worbla purchase. :) )

Thanks! I'll actually make a video about it and a tutorial so people can use it as a cheaper alternative? :D

Pretty late response to this part of your build but I'm currently working on some Chief armor and i was wondering what gloves you used for the under part because they seem perfectly fitting to whats needed. Great job so far!!!

Oh, thank you! :D I've actually used very random bicycle gloves. Cheaper ones I found in sports shop. I looked for the smallest gloves for summer (the ones for winter are very big and bulky). :D

I was definitely curious to see how the visor would go, very nice work! Its looking really really good ^_^

Thanks! I'll try to explain it very soon and make a tutorial for you guys ;)

The hex on the visor looks great

Thank you :D

I had the same problem with my visor, I didn't make it though so I cant really complain, but what about fixing some sunglasses into the helmet? You have the added bonus of UV protection then :b

Wow. Sunglasses? O.O I wouldn't use it as you still want to have nice vision and sunglasses make you see everything really dark...

Any update on this? Is there a link to what was used?

Sorry about the longer wait, I'll explain it soon because I plan to make a video and a tutorial for you guys as a cheaper alternative for the visors. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back