Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. This build is amazing. Especially the undersuit. The amount of detail put into that is phenomenal. And I'm here just trying to figure out what color to paint mine. Good luck with the rest of the build.

Hey Mara, great work on your undersuit. Your build is an inspiration! I'm just wondering: How did you attach the elbow foam padding to the morphsuit?

undersuit_mara_01.jpg

Just glued it on? And if yes: How durable is it, when wearing it? I've thought about the same method, but I'm still worried it could fell off after some hours in motion.

Alright, a little build off-topic, I pepped Helljumper helmet AKA Buck helmet.
I LOVED the new Halo 5 design for the ODSTish Spartan helmet... I had the helmet printed some months ago, so yeha... I pepped it, mainly to see if I even got the scale right - it seems scale is perfect... although I'll have to cut out bottom IF I'll ever harden it. I didn't want it to be too big, but it seems the size is perfect.

I had an idea for a ODST/Spartan/Marine combo... Just a concept in my head, maybe, after finishing Spartan Scout I'll move with this one.

So yeah, just wanted to share this cute helmet... and yes, I left out some small details because I thought IF I'll ever decide to finish it, I'll rather sculpt these small things rather than pep them. x_X

DSC01019.JPG

DSC01022.JPG

Here are both helmets side by side.

DSC01030.JPG

If I saw you walking around a con with that under suit, I would think that you were some employee from 343 advertising.

Thanks, haha.

If it wasn't great already before, for me this build is now entering "benchmark status". I swear, Cmdr Palmer will never have looked better before when this is ready.
There's no smiley to choose from that expresses what I wanted to say, so I'll just do it this way *bows head in deep respect*. :thumbsup

Thanks! :D
Nah, we'll see if it will turn out to be nice or will it become a disaster. :D

Marawuff, I told you a long time ago.....your work is movie quality material......if everyone's sterling, flabbergasted, in total awe (drooling even), admiration of your work isn't an indicator........ I don't know what else to say.....but FANTASTIC work!!!!!!!

Nah, if I had a bigger budget (or unlimited budget), I could do a lot more... But I try to do best I can with stuff I have. ^^
Thank you very much. :D

I doubt words can further describe this build, unless you'd prefer the positive repetition which has enveloped your astounding skill at such a project. Keep it up, Spartan! :cool

Thank you so much! I'm very happy you like it... and to be honest I'm positively surprised people like my build so much... I'm mostly just experimenting, brainstorming and just trying out how to do this stuff... o.o

Wow. This build is amazing. Especially the undersuit. The amount of detail put into that is phenomenal. And I'm here just trying to figure out what color to paint mine. Good luck with the rest of the build.

Thank you very much. ^^ Undersuit is for now the most finished thing, so maybe that's why it looks best. :D
I'm trying to do my best... o.o
What colors were you thinking about?

Hey Mara, great work on your undersuit. Your build is an inspiration! I'm just wondering: How did you attach the elbow foam padding to the morphsuit?

View attachment 26662

Just glued it on? And if yes: How durable is it, when wearing it? I've thought about the same method, but I'm still worried it could fell off after some hours in motion.

I didn't glue it on yet, I want to finish painting the whole undersuit and then I'll glue it on.
I did a test earlier and glued piece of foam to the morphsuit and it was a success - the foam tore apart rather when I tried to pull it off from the suit, so I called it a success. :)
Later on I plan to glue on some foam pieces on the outside - shoulder pads, hip plates, crotch-piece and spinal parts... so it must hold. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much. ^^ Undersuit is for now the most finished thing, so maybe that's why it looks best. :D
I'm trying to do my best... o.o
What colors were you thinking about?

I still don't know what color. My build is an EVA foam build of Master Chief's halo 5 armor. His new paint job is different than in halo 4, and I can't figure out what shade of green it is. At the rate I'm building, I'm going to be finished and painting soon, which is why I'm trying to figure it out.

Ugh I can't even, this is beautiful! One day I will learn to pep and abandon my foamy ways....but not forever. haha

I still don't know what color. My build is an EVA foam build of Master Chief's halo 5 armor. His new paint job is different than in halo 4, and I can't figure out what shade of green it is. At the rate I'm building, I'm going to be finished and painting soon, which is why I'm trying to figure it out.

These are the same color actually, 343i just changed the aesthetics and art style a bit.

Ugh I can't even, this is beautiful! One day I will learn to pep and abandon my foamy ways....but not forever. haha

Thank you very much... but please don't abandon foam! I'd love to work with foam, but I'm not good with it... We can switch :D

Truly exceptional, it's hard to believe it's your first time doing all this :)
I wish I had done such a good job on my first undersuit.
Keep up the great work :D

I'm so happy!
I have almost everything hardened by now!
The left shoulder is almost done.
The right shoulder is officially done with hardening - I just filled the gaps between two parts for more safety that the two pieces won't fall apart.

WP_20160508_20_56_27_Pro.jpg

ALSO, the shoulder pieces are open. I need to build a trap door. I have bought hinges, but I need to figure out how to make these together so it will look good and I'll be able to open it.
Oh, I'll still have to add fiberglass cloth to the 'door' pieces, but I want to harden them so that they'll fit perfecty to the rest.

Next week I'll assemble the chest together - front and back, I ordered some buckles, so I'll be able to get them together and harden the two last parts for the chest.

You're chugging along very quickly! Impressive!

I'm anything but quick, haha.
Worse part is - everyday there is a renovation team outside almost all day. My father is renovating the roof... It's like it since a week and I hope they'll finish it this upcoming week.

It's finally nice weather and I can't work outside, so I've done it only today and yesterday afternoon. v_v

I don't like that it slows me down even more - I could be sitting outside and sanding... xD

I'm anything but quick, haha.
Worse part is - everyday there is a renovation team outside almost all day. My father is renovating the roof... It's like it since a week and I hope they'll finish it this upcoming week.

It's finally nice weather and I can't work outside, so I've done it only today and yesterday afternoon. v_v

I don't like that it slows me down even more - I could be sitting outside and sanding... xD
Lol either way you're faster than I am XD I'm easily distracted... I still haven't finished detailing my cloak project I instead moved on to working with my inks on watercolour paper and that's been put to the side and now I'm researching Cortana and trying to print off the butt plate for the mk 6 armour from 4 lol... I'm bad.

Lol either way you're faster than I am XD I'm easily distracted... I still haven't finished detailing my cloak project I instead moved on to working with my inks on watercolour paper and that's been put to the side and now I'm researching Cortana and trying to print off the butt plate for the mk 6 armour from 4 lol... I'm bad.

Lol, no. I've started this in September/October last year? XDD
It's hard to be slower :p

Oh, why are you printing out Chief's butt?! O_O

Lol, no. I've started this in September/October last year? XDD
It's hard to be slower :p

Oh, why are you printing out Chief's butt?! O_O

Nah, It's plenty easy to be slower... And then rush last minute to finish during the week before the convention. No sleep huzzah! Sewing by hand in math class huzzah! Insert awkward laughter, I got so many odd looks when I was handsewing my first self-made cosplay in my classes.

XD It's the armour I settled on, I'm doing the multiplayer version that's in the archives. I figured it would be simplest to compare the butt plate to my actual size for the test and then use that to adjust the scale accordingly. Seemed like the easiest part to test with too seeing as I've never done any pepakura before.

Nah, It's plenty easy to be slower... And then rush last minute to finish during the week before the convention. No sleep huzzah! Sewing by hand in math class huzzah! Insert awkward laughter, I got so many odd looks when I was handsewing my first self-made cosplay in my classes.

XD It's the armour I settled on, I'm doing the multiplayer version that's in the archives. I figured it would be simplest to compare the butt plate to my actual size for the test and then use that to adjust the scale accordingly. Seemed like the easiest part to test with too seeing as I've never done any pepakura before.

Oh, hard to go slower? Well, soon it'll be a year when I'm working on it. :p

Oh nice! You're doing Master Chief too! :D Yay!

Or maybe you could cut out some craft foam, using a template to make out the shape to cover the open whole on the back of shoulder.

Hah, I was thinking of EVA foam, but I'll rather just keep it with the same material.
It's a really big hole as you can see, but I want to install lights inside, so I need to have access to the inside part...

OH! I could actually cut out just the center of it, while bond the sides. o.o It's an idea too.

DSC00900.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back