Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

I can't wait to see you finish this!! It'll be awesome!! Good idea on the flexability!!

Re: Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Good idea on the flexibility! I wouldn't have thought of it at fist but it seems to work very well!

Alright, I've tested it with the pink-stuff. And it is a lot better. :D
I know what I'll use for all the elbow and knee pads. :D With some padding it'll be good.

DSC01010.JPG

Well, also I've finished exactly half of the undersuit, yay!
I'm doing most of the pattern, even if it'll be covered by the armor, but I don't mind doing few extra places more.
I'm not really doing the forearm, I'll test if the forearm gauntlet fully covers the blank area, if yes, I won't really bother with doing more, I guess.

progress.JPG

Suddenly I've had an idea, a great idea how to improve the undersuit. Some parts of the undersuit seem to be with padding (or something) and they stand out. I've been wondering how to do it, and I think I found a perfect solution.
Ta-da! Padded elbow-thing. It follows with my painted pattern, so only that area stands out! :D
All I used was foam... Now, it looks a lot better and the gap between elbow and armor is smaller (it won't be really visible once I finish the forearm gauntlet and add some padding there)

I think I'll use this idea for more parts on the body. o.o

DSC01013.JPG
DSC01017.JPG
DSC01014.JPG

This screenshot below is for comparison. I know, this is Halo 5, they changed the undersuits, but this is the padding I mean, it Halo 4 it wasn't as visible as they made it now. Now in Halo 5, it's huuuuge. o.o

uhkuh.png

Bonus shot, lulz, just wanted to see how the undersuit looks on the arm. (spinal parts in the background!)

DSC01012.JPG

Alright, I've tested it with the pink-stuff. And it is a lot better. :D
I know what I'll use for all the elbow and knee pads. :D With some padding it'll be good.

View attachment 26487

Well, also I've finished exactly half of the undersuit, yay!
I'm doing most of the pattern, even if it'll be covered by the armor, but I don't mind doing few extra places more.
I'm not really doing the forearm, I'll test if the forearm gauntlet fully covers the blank area, if yes, I won't really bother with doing more, I guess.

View attachment 26486

I like that you're doing the whole pattern even though you know it'll mostly be covered by the armour. It puts your costume ahead of the rest imo. It also keeps you in character if you need to take off the armour for whatever reason. I know I keep using my Asuna costume as an example (It's really the only one I made from scratch yet unless you consider random wearable pieces here and there lol) but I did all the details right down to the embroidery on her outfit under the armour and it was a good thing too consider my breastplate malfunctioned and would not hold closed in the back. My velcro tore at the con and would not stay on the foam regardless of how much I hot glued so I had to walk around with just the small piece that attaches the breastplate to the front. It came in good when I needed it and was still canon.

Holy, the undersuit looks amazing!

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Good to see people spending a bit of time on the details in the gaps, (undersuit). So many brilliant works are spoiled by crappy short cuts in this regard. It's looking good mate. Keep going.

SB

Holy, the undersuit looks amazing!

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Thank you. ;_;
I try to do my best. ;_;

Good to see people spending a bit of time on the details in the gaps, (undersuit). So many brilliant works are spoiled by crappy short cuts in this regard. It's looking good mate. Keep going.

SB

Thank you! ;_;
Well, the only 'short-cuts' I could ever wish to use would be... unlimited budget, hahaha. If I ever think how much more I could do with a bigger budget.
But for trying to keep it as low-budget as possible (because it already is expensive as hell) I'm doing my best here. :D

If you don't mind my asking, what material is the undersuit made of? From what I can see in the photos it looks like a cotton knit but it's hard to say.

If you need more of what the spatula is made of you could get some silicon rubber. Smooth on if it is available in your country, it's what I'll use to make spartan soles and the elbow/knee things on under suit.

The undersuit looks so realistic!!!! all that hard work really paid of!!!!!

Thanks, but it'll really pay off when I'll finally finish it. ^^

Thank you! It looks really comfortable XD Keep it up!

Thanks. :)

If you need more of what the spatula is made of you could get some silicon rubber. Smooth on if it is available in your country, it's what I'll use to make spartan soles and the elbow/knee things on under suit.

Thanks! However I'm more for the plastic stick! :D I don't need the silicon rubber-thingie as it's very flexible, I'm keeping it only for support - the stick is the most important. ^^

Looking great as always, so jealous of your undersuit

Thanks and please, don't be. ;_;

If it wasn't great already before, for me this build is now entering "benchmark status". I swear, Cmdr Palmer will never have looked better before when this is ready.
There's no smiley to choose from that expresses what I wanted to say, so I'll just do it this way *bows head in deep respect*. :thumbsup

Marawuff, I told you a long time ago.....your work is movie quality material......if everyone's sterling, flabbergasted, in total awe (drooling even), admiration of your work isn't an indicator........ I don't know what else to say.....but FANTASTIC work!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt words can further describe this build, unless you'd prefer the positive repetition which has enveloped your astounding skill at such a project. Keep it up, Spartan! :cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back