2016 Event Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazedStarbon

RCO
Member DIN
S009
This thread will hopefully serve as a roster, or head-count for members attending Canadian conventions and events, so it’ll be easier to coordinate meet-ups and other fun activities- considering we're few and far between. Events will be categorized in order by the calendar year.

All that’s required is for you to simply comment the convention or event you plan to attend, and/or consider, and you’ll be added to a list in the original post.

The Canadian Regiment Event List covers all known conventions across the country. Take a look and see what sparks your interest!
*If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask us.

*If you're a new member, or currently not part of the Canadian Regiment and would like your name added to the event you'll be attending, please message me so I may update this post accordingly.

2016 ROSTER:

FEBRUARY
Tsukino-Con [BC] (February 12-14):
-Artifice

MARCH
Toronto Comic Con [ON] (March 18-20):

APRIL
Calgary Expo [AB] (April 28 - May 1):
-Skoopa92
-FlyinPhil
-Jedi Ranger
-FANGS

MAY
Ottawa Comic Con [ON] (May 13-15):
-SPARTAN II
-BlazedStarbon
-RangedAssassin

Anime North [ON] (May 27-30):
-Linkboy69 + 7
-Black Rabbit
-Cpl Shepard
-chrisy159

JULY
Anime Evolution [BC] (TBD):
-Artifice

Ai-Kon [MB] (July 15-17):
-Linkboy69

AUGUST
Otakuthon [QB] (August 5-7):
-Xav kitsune

SEPTEMBER
Fan Expo [ON] (Sept. 1-4):
-Black Rabbit (considering)
-chrisy159
-Mushroom

Edmonton Comic Expo [AB] (Sept. 23-25):
-FlyinPhil
-Jedi Ranger
-FANGS
-8 apparent ODSTs (if you have an account but have posted in our Facebook group, comment here or there so others know who you are)

VCon [BC] (Sept 30 - Oct 2):
-Artifice

OCTOBER
C4 Comic Con WInnipeg [MB] (October 28-30):
-Linkboy69

NOVEMBER
Fan Expo Vancouver [BC] (November 11-13):
-Artifice

Miscellaneous Events outside Canada:
Dragon*Con (Sept 2-5) – Atlanta, GA USA
-BlazedStarbon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey BlazedStarbon I just realized I never said what I would be going too,

I should be attending the following:

Tsukino Con
J-Fest
Fan Expo Vancouver
Anime Evolution
VCON

Unless anything comes up I should be going to these events :)

Also If anyone else is planning on or wanting to go to any of the events across the contery this year please say so it may make some more members consider going to the same event :)

OP updated.

Artifice, do you know the dates for JFest? I can't seem to find any information on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like Anime Evolution has taken over Jfest ( considering it was hosted my Anime Evolution )

So I guess their is no Jfest and only Anime Evolution

There's an active link for J-fest under BC in the stickied "Canadian Regiment Events List" thread.

OP updated.

If you don't see a convention on this list that you plan to attend, please let me know down in the comments.

I will almost definitely be at the Edmonton Comic Expo Sept. 23-25, and can say at this point I'm around 80% sure I'll be able to make the Calgary expo as well!

I will be attending both the Calgary Expo in April, and the Edmonton Expo in September. As always, I will be trying to wrangle as many UNSC troops for a group "troop"/shop-stopper at each event. Only once per con, as many of us have multiple costumes, and with many people, coordinating becomes a hassle!

[OP Updated]

I'll be attending Ottawa Comic Con this year and will be taking pictures of any member who's in attendance. (Non-Halo costumes included)
Don't forget to showcase your hard work with us here on the 405th, or our Facebook pages.

[OP Updated]

I'll be attending Ottawa Comic Con this year and will be taking pictures of any member who's in attendance. (Non-Halo costumes included)
Don't forget to showcase your hard work with us here on the 405th, or our Facebook pages.

Yay! Yippee! Wahoo! It'll be great to finally meet another Canadian 405th-er :) Looking forward to seeing you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back