Halo 4 Cosmonaut first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmonaut

Hey 405th!

I'm working on my first set of foam armor, I'd appreciate tips about anything, thanks in advance.

Here's what I got - http://imgur.com/a/ykl7E - Tell what you think (I don't know how to put pictures on my posts, so I guess it'll have to be this way)

I've also got this problem that kind of puts a stop to my progress. I'm growing, so how many in/cm/mm/etc should I add to my arm and especially leg parts? I'd like if the parts would fit me so I can use them next Halloween

I'm growing giant tall, to put things in perspective. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure the helmet will still fit me.

Last edited by a moderator:
For foam, I used superglue, contact cement, rubber cememt, and the basic foam crafting items, like sissors( not really that much) paper(normal paper for me I mean) and an crafting knife. I don't know how much you should add though :confused I just made it a bit bigger to put on.

Hot glue gun's another really good choice for foam. Doesn't come apart unless you're trying to pull it apart, and it's no big deal if it gets on you. Also really good for filling in gaps that need to stick.

Thanks guys, I never thought to use superglue! More pics are coming out soon, of my forearm and part of my chest piece.

If you're wondering these are the parts of the build

MC Torso
Recruit Helmet
Recruit Forearms
MC Legs, shins and boots
MC Hand plate
Shoulder - (Haven't found an accurate foam file yet)

It took a little bit, but here they are! I'm planning to spackle them later
Tell me what you guys think, feel free to suggest ideas. More updates.pics will come out soon.

Torso/Forearm pieces

a8v5HmOm.jpg
siU8zk7m.jpg

GJ0lgYWm.jpg
Cmw2ROBm.jpg

Helmet pics

EazeaXpm.jpg
0cT3Pwmm.jpg
pMNd464m.jpg

Attachments

• a8v5HmOm.jpg
    a8v5HmOm.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 142
  • siU8zk7m.jpg
    siU8zk7m.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 128
  • GJ0lgYWm.jpg
    GJ0lgYWm.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Cmw2ROBm.jpg
    Cmw2ROBm.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 140
  • EazeaXpm.jpg
    EazeaXpm.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 0cT3Pwmm.jpg
    0cT3Pwmm.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 136
  • pMNd464m.jpg
    pMNd464m.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 150
Helmet is looking good. Currently searching for any foam helmets that may help with my own, and again, this looks good.

At long last, another update! Busy stuff happened, but here are some more pics.

Torso /Thruster pack pieces
KlUI0uzm.jpg
AmaQuncm.jpg
7HtP0lCm.jpg

I think I spaced out the torso pieces a bit too much, it makes it look like it was created for a colossal giant. So I'm gonna shorten the 2 circled spots. Tell me what you guys think, more stuff will hopefully come out sooner. If you don't know what I mean, just imagine the 2 circled spots, of the back chest piece, connected to the ends of the front chest piece. There's a lot of space in between.
9wJQRjcm.jpg

Attachments

• KlUI0uzm.jpg
    KlUI0uzm.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 143
  • AmaQuncm.jpg
    AmaQuncm.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 7HtP0lCm.jpg
    7HtP0lCm.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 9wJQRjcm.jpg
    9wJQRjcm.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 139
Just in time for the holidays, more stuff! I redid the chest piece, the other one had spots at where it bent and tore.
JbISEWJl.jpg
CuSgCKwl.jpg
i think I'll be able to finish some more things this day or tomorrow. What do you think? Happy holidays
loWikF7m.jpg

Attachments

• JbISEWJl.jpg
    JbISEWJl.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 145
  • CuSgCKwl.jpg
    CuSgCKwl.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 145
  • loWikF7m.jpg
    loWikF7m.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 132
Happy almost New Year! I ran out of glue and couldn't really do anything over the past few days. But, the front chest piece is really taking shape.
gZy8lFMm.jpg
eSUtYYfm.jpg

Hopefully in the next update, Ill be able to get it wearable, but I changed some pieces that will go into the final suit. I also found an awesome paint scheme.
2jm4hB4m.jpg

Venator Refractive Skin

Tell me what you guys think, also tell me if there are other paint schemes that would look good.

New parts
MC Torso
Venator Helmet
Recruit Forearms
Recruit Legs, shins and boots
Recruit Hand plate
Shoulder - (Haven't found an accurate foam file yet)

I don't have halo 4 so I can't really get specific reference pictures (pictures of spartans that have the parts I'm using / paint scheme)
So I'd appreciate it if any of you guys could send me some pictures of spartans with the parts / paint scheme I'm using.

To answer SpartanX's question, I think I've used like 12-14. which is a lot more than I should of. I could've got all the parts done with like 9. :)

Attachments

• gZy8lFMm.jpg
    gZy8lFMm.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 138
  • eSUtYYfm.jpg
    eSUtYYfm.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 2jm4hB4m.jpg
    2jm4hB4m.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 134
Very nice progress. I personally think the Refractive skin is super cool looking. I wish you the best of luck with that. Surprised to see you changing your helmet choice after you've already done so much of the other one. I'm currently working on the Venator helmet. Should be wrapping it up here within a couple weeks. Keep posting more pics! More progress!

Ooh might have to use that paint scheme for my suit, it's too good to be passed on. So yeah I think it's a good paint scheme. I'm also a fan of the fire team majestic blue color scheme. And great work on the torso!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback! I backtrack a lot in this build and constantly change my ideas of what will go into the final suit. Really sorry if this irks anyone. But, I'm definitely keeping the MC Torso and Venator helmet.
The next update will be of the helmet, I'm not really sure what I'll do with the other one.

I'm sure the 2 pieces I'm keeping look well together, but I'm not too sure about the rest. What do you guys think? Feel free to suggest ideas on other pieces, paint and stuff like that.

I got unmotivated, but I'm back up again! I've got some stuff done, along with most of the Venator helmet. I used some spackle on the Helmet and the Chestplate, but I haven't sanded some of it, so pics on that will follow shortly after this post.

Also, I'd like to give credit to EVAkura. He made the MC shoulder plate redistributable for all to use. http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=41507&highlight=evakura

6sKNk9mm.jpg

jheLFRIm.jpg

Attachments

• 6sKNk9mm.jpg
    6sKNk9mm.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 142
  • jheLFRIm.jpg
    jheLFRIm.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 147
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back