ODST 196 EPIC!!! Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartady196

Hi everybody, i am still new in this forum, i have a very big project in head which is gonna take a long time for sure and will surely cost some money.
to start i will tell what i can do about crafting, i have been a lot with Racing helmet painting airbrushing, Motorcycle Bodyworks, i used to work a lot on 3DS max 2010 but i didn't touch it for almost 3 years!!
so i think i will need to find out some tutorials for that.

So i will explain my Project a little bit more so that you guys can understand.

First, i was thinking about making a full ODST complete armor and print it all in a 3D printer.
I would like you guys to give me a tip on what material i should use Carbonfiber, Titanium, fiberglass? etc...
( I would like to use it in a paintball fight *making some funny video )
the visor? i was thinking about using my HJC RPHA 10 helmet blue visor since i find that type of helmet visor have a really Halo Visor style and is very strong and flexible.
For the helmet inside i would use some foams from my Old HJC which won't be too fit and to lose So that i can breath easily.
I have to also precise that i am about 160 cm tall :/ and 45 kg

Second, I as thinking about making it easy to mount. How? making a Innersuit which would be similar to Spartan Exosuit with real mounts and attachements points which i could dirrectly screw the suit on that
inner exosuit. What do you guys think about? ( Should i use my old motorcycle race suit main frame to make the exosuit and keeping all the carbon guards? )

I am actually orking on a sketch of the livery/paint i would give to the suit, and will show you guys when i am done with the sketch.

So here is my project guys, i would like to know what are you thought about this and what would you recommend me the best for a not too expensive budget on the build.

P.S : i live in Thailand so maybe some stuffs will be really cheap and the heat is really hot.

project TD-I Pepakura Prototype :

Project TD-I Prototype.png

- Description :

ODST Variant of Spartan armor

Helmet : Halo 4 ODST Model
Chest/Torso armor : Halo 4 Mark V
Shoulders : Halo 3 ODST
Arms : Halo 3 ODST
Codpiece : -
Legs : Halo 4 ODST
Boots : Halo 4 Mark VI
Gloves : Halo 4 Mark VI*

* I might use my old black motorcycle gloves and attach the protectors on the glove directly.

- Materials :

The materials listed bellow are the materials i planned to use for the prototype I.

- Main shell :

using HJC P.I.M (Premium Integrated Matrix) technology.

- aramid twill epoxy
- Fiberglass twill epoxy
- Utra high Molecular Polyetylene
- Organic Non-woven Fabric*

* I was thinking about replacing the the Organic non-woven fabric by Carbon fiber if i got money :)

- Inner Protection :

- EVA Foam
- Hard foam
- Polystyrene

- Exosuit : comming soon...

sound like you got a lot planned out. So i will start with the mounting system when i put together my odst kit i mounted the upper body parts on a tactical vest, and i kept the knees separate and mounted them to hard knee pads i picked up at harbor freight and used Chicago screws for both the knees and the armor itself. i used magnetic snaps on the chest plate so i could take it on and off with ease and remove my vest. as far as using your armor to paintball i suggest not cause that would wind up being a very expensive set of paint ball armor. i don't suggest it but if you wanted a paintball suit then go with fiberglass or foam so that way you don't ruin your suit especially if you are going to be 3-d printing it. now for the material if you are 3-d printed most use like an ABS filament i could be wrong i have never 3-d printed but i know that is one that is used. As for my Undersuit i used black cargo pants from walmart and a long sleeve "beefy T" black shirt also from walmart it was very comfortable and breathed sadly the vest did not and all the gear did get nice and toasty. but there are a whole slew of options for your undersuit i know there is a custom undersuit thread around here somewhere. hope that helps

Hey guys, so here i have some infos i'd like to share :

I will make the 1st Step of this project By making a Prototype helmet based on Pepakura, I got the pepakura file :)

Important stuffs!!

So for this pepakura prototype, i was thinking about being able to use it on road while riding my motorcycle.
Which mean this will need to be strong enough.

I have my personnal idea on how to use the pepakura model :
I have used HJC RPHA 10 helmets for more than 3 years and their P.I.M (Premium Integrated Matrix) tech. is awsome. Let me explain what is it :

http://www.motozone.co.nz/resources...-pim-premium-integrated-matrix-technology.pdf

so what i need is the materials which are :

- aramid twill epoxy
- Fiberglass twill epoxy
- Utra high Molecular Polyetylene
- Organic Non-woven Fabric

I was thinking about replacing the the Organic non-woven fabric by Carbon fiber

For the inside of the shell i would use the same polystyrene tech. with EVA foams and some good confortable washable tissue ( i might use the one from my helmet )

If some of you have some ideas, comments, suggestion, knowledges to share on it, so welcome.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to be a buzz kill, but I think wearing a pep'd costume while riding a motorcycle on the road is a terrible idea. There is a reason most motocross and street racing gear is made from molded plastic... it doesn't shatter and tear apart your skin.

Not to be a buzz kill, but I think wearing a pep'd costume while riding a motorcycle on the road is a terrible idea. There is a reason most motocross and street racing gear is made from molded plastic... it doesn't shatter and tear apart your skin.

I mean just the helmet :) sure i wont wear the whole costume, can you imagine what is it under the 40 C sun in Thailand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back