Scaling Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korn

So, i am building (or rather, STARTING) a full set of Prefect armour from 4, and i ran into a problem: When i loaded the pep file into the designer, it said that i have to pay $40 to save things. I'm not all that ok with spending money on things i'm only going to use once (like this program, if i don't like the end product), so if it's at all possible, can someone scale the files from the archive on this site so that i don't have to pay? Before you ask, my measurments are: 392 mm for the height of the chest piece, 168mm for the shoulder piece, 216mm for my forearm, 383mm for my waist, 356mm for my upper leg, 318mm for my lower leg, 146mm for the width of my foot,and 165mm for the width of my head. Thank you!

Hey Korn, you don't need to pay to scale files. The free version of pep designer allows you to scale and print, but not save, any files you import to the program. It is handy to write down the measurements that you print off, though, in case you need to print off an extra piece for some reason.

You can still scale the piece in Pepakura Designer without paying for the full version, but you cannot save the file unless you get the full version. Take one piece at a time, scale it to the size you need, re-arrange the pieces on the 2D plane as needed, then print. If for some reason Pepakura Designer is not allowing you to change the size of the model unless you pay to unlock then please let us know.

Korn,

As already stated, you don't need to pay for it. That said, its well worth the $40 imho.

Once you start scaling the pep files you'll likely also end up reorganizing everything on paper. Especially for more complex files it is golden to have those adjusted files saved so you can access them at a later date. Once you've cut out all the bits and pieces (put them in bags numbered by the paper you've cut, golden tip someone gave me) and you start gluing things together, selecting parts within pepakura so it highlights on which paper and where it was printed saves you hours of time sorting through all the bits of paper trying to find that one illusive piece.

But yeah, you can get there without buying it, but it comes in so handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back