My first build, T-51b Helmet [PIC HEAVY}

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacethrucombat

Since the release of Fallout 4 I have been exited to try this build. I have the pep printed and mostly cut should post pics soon.

Any and all tips welcome.

I could also use some pointers on the fiberglass resin.

Assuming this goes well I'll be doing a T-45d Body.

So ive finally finished the cutting and have just seperated the pieces by page, I may fold and glue after thanksgiving dinner.
14485679179131800984427.jpg

Attachments

• 20151126_134253.jpg
    20151126_134253.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 164
My number 1 tip is... don't cut all the pieces out, lol. Only joking haha.

Looks like a mighty build so my advice would be to have patience and take ur time

Lol thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind for when I continue with the suit. I can tell this will take a while, but im looking forward to seeing the final product.

Okay so ive been doing good and I think I may have hit a snag. The back of the helmet seems a bit warped.

20151126_231337.jpg20151126_231348.jpg
So I was wondering if this will sort its self out or if there is a way to sort things out?

I can sort itself out sometimes. Try to keep the numbers and lines level with each other. Also, what do you use for scoring?

I can sort itself out sometimes. Try to keep the numbers and lines level with each other. Also, what do you use for scoring?

For scoring I flip my x-acto blade over, using the tip to graze across the cardstock. Be careful not to apply to much pressure, because you'll end up breaking the tip. If your worried about the tip, then maybe for a good kitchen knife, but make sure its not to dull. One more thing, make sure you use a straight edge to run your blade, or knife against when scoring.

Yeah, it helps loads. There is the knife method like Saved by Grace said or you can use the ball point pen method which I favor. That's basically drawing a line on the fold lines to indent them

both methods work but the most important thing is to us a straight edge to keep the line straight, like a ruler.

So I've been shirking my glueing and haven't gotten much done.
1448829175852-295601834.jpg
1448829222094-1879982371.jpg
The helmet is finally taking shape. The two images are some sort of tube insert, ill probably remove them and replace it with aluminum piping

For scoring I flip my x-acto blade over, using the tip to graze across the cardstock. Be careful not to apply to much pressure, because you'll end up breaking the tip. If your worried about the tip, then maybe for a good kitchen knife, but make sure its not to dull. One more thing, make sure you use a straight edge to run your blade, or knife against when scoring.

I personally suggest using a pen of a light color(red, blues, orange, light green, etc). That way, when you're doing many pieces, you'll know which lines you've already scored, as well as being able to see what kind of fold it is underneath your score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back