Sangheili Build (Foam/No PEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullboy134

Hello all!
It's been a while since I was last on, and a little while longer since I've made any Halo builds.
I've been toying around with the idea of making another armor set, but something a bit different from the norm. After a few weeks of researching and trying out some new ideas, I settled on a Sangheili build.
SO. I'm kind of mix and matching armor pieces from different games, as well as appearance.
The basic plan is this:
Halo 3 Helmet
Halo 4 Torso and Legs
No arm pieces, but maybe the shoulders if I have time (I'm gonna be moving in a few months, and I don't know how long this will take)
Halo 4 Face: Using Gek's as a base

As for a weapon, I recently bought that toy dart plasma pistol, so I'll stick with that for now.
I've already built up the face, and I'm working on the helmet now, so I'll probably be posting pictures within a few days

More updates to come as I make progress! :D

Thank you! :D
As for stilts, I'm not sure at this point. I have an idea that could make it look like I have stilts when I don't, but its gonna be a bit before I can try it.

Okay! Here are some pics of the face and head (sorry for the terrible quality)
I haven't done any painting yet; I've only been able to basically build it and make it wearable. I ended up having to use some green foam due to how I ran out of black at the time.

1448741460771.1.jpg

1448741462475.2.jpg
Might be difficult to see, but I built in an overhang, which is where the top teeth are placed, in order to simulate the upper skull

1448741480320.3.jpg

Once I finish building the helmet, I'm probably going to have to glue it to the head (pretty back heavy right now, don't want it to fall off)
Then I'll start working on the chest pieces and the belt. I'll save the painting stages for last, as that's going to be the most intricate part of this build
I'll put more pics up as I finish more pieces! :)

Sweet! That is a great start! I really like the idea of creating a face mask underneath the helmet. Super cool! Good luck, dude. I'll be watching. :)

Your eyes will be in holes, right? Not lenses? Will there be mouth/nose holes, mesh underlay or no? I'm curious because this is an awesome mask and I love masks, but I know these can be problems.. Anyway, looks good!

Yup! My eyes are aligned with the holes. I'm probably not going to install lenses as it might make it harder to see.
I've built it in a way where I can easily breathe through the upper jaw part (small gaps behind the teeth of the upper jaw) and a tiny line where my mouth is. Luckily the mask isn't super tight, so it's comfortable and stays on when I move around. The only issue is that talking tends to slightly dislodge it, so then I have to re-adjust it to my head.
Thanks for the support! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back