I am confused about the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacemanjupiter

I came across this site because I was looking into whether it was possible to find a model (.OBJ and textures) of a few Halo characters (most likely from halo 4 or 5) including the Master Chief and Commander Palmer. After looking around I came to realize this site is more dedicated to creating paper models from a program called Pepakura. I see .pdo files but I assume those are not actually models that can be rendered through software such as 3DS Max. Are there actually character models/textures (.OBJ or similar) of these characters available here? I've actually seen some people on Deviant Art include Commander Palmer models in their artwork, and I can certainly tell these are authentic models from Halo 4. If I am out of line here and this is unrelated to the site I will quietly leave the premises.

Hello . so yes and no. In the archive Ive seen pre made PDOs and also normal assets....

Halo5 is really just in the middle of being brought up up to speed so last I heard it did not have all the files .
Ive got plans for some halo5 stuff but Iam gonna give the fine folks who manage the archive a few months to let the dust settle so to say.

Peter.

Upvote 0
Well for the most part where you will find you obj. files is if you go into the assets folders those are mostly all unedited obj. files.

Upvote 0
In the link that LoneLegionary provided, you see the differant Halo game titles. Directly under each of those you'll see sub-categories. The first subcategory in each one should be OBJ files. If we have what you're looking for then it will be in that sub-category inside one of the asset packages. People on this site use those OBJ models to then create an unfoldable paper model using a program called Pepakura with the file tag .pdo. The OBJ files themselves should be usable to you in other programs, but probably not the .pdo files. Let us know if you were able to find what you were looking for.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back