Fallout 4 Dogmeat Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saber

Member DIN
S028
Hello everyone!

This is my first post in the threads that is not Halo related! (le gasp)

You guys may have seen it floating around on the internet for a few days, but I figured I'd show you guys the Dogmeat costume for my German Shepherd, Sarge.

It only took me 6 hours to build using less than $20 worth of materials that I already had laying around the house.

dogmeat%20test.jpg

dogmeat%20silver.jpg

dogmeat%20detail.jpg

The armor is made out of EVA foam and craft foam. I didn't make any specific measurements and I eye-balled basically everything.

The handlebar is a short bit of pipe insulation foam and I used some twine rope that I had in my shop and an old white rag and leftover leather from an old couch my parents scrapped.

Paint is a base layer of gray primer, hammered metal silver, and black and brown acrylic for dirtying it up.

And here is what it looks like on Sarge all finished!

Dogmeat%203.jpg

Dogmeat%201.jpg

dogmeat%20finish%204.jpg

dogmeat%20finish%205.jpg

The goggles are a pair of welding goggles that I bought on Amazon and the bandanna I bought at a local craft store.

I don't plan on making any heavy armor with the helmet or muzzle because I don't want to make my puppers too uncomfortable with wearing the costume.

I do plan on making a comedy sketch with him in the costume, however. I don't have full details, but I will let you guys know about it when I have it posted!

You can subscribe to my channel through the link in my signature. :D

Also, here is a speed build video I made of this costume.

Any and all comments critique are welcome!

Cheers!

dogmeat%20finish%206.jpg

Attachments

• dogmeat%20test.jpg
    dogmeat%20test.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 594
  • dogmeat%20silver.jpg
    dogmeat%20silver.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 414
  • dogmeat%20detail.jpg
    dogmeat%20detail.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 461
  • Dogmeat%203.jpg
    Dogmeat%203.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 2,021
  • Dogmeat%201.jpg
    Dogmeat%201.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 2,782
  • dogmeat%20finish%204.jpg
    dogmeat%20finish%204.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 849
  • dogmeat%20finish%205.jpg
    dogmeat%20finish%205.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 692
  • dogmeat%20finish%206.jpg
    dogmeat%20finish%206.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,247
Last edited by a moderator:
so how'd he feel about the googles I mean I've got a lab and he doesn't want to try anything new.

so how'd he feel about the googles I mean I've got a lab and he doesn't want to try anything new.

He not very keen on them. The only way I could get them to stay and not show a bunch of straps was to use jewelry wire.

He liked to paw at them, but I bribed him with enough deli turkey for him to stay still long enough for a few pictures.

Next time I get goggles on him, they'll probably be real "Doggles" that are meant for dogs to wear and I'll make sure to praise him a bunch so he knows it's okay to wear them.

Wow, I've seen it online on Facebook first... WOW, great work!
And great dog, that he feels comfortable in it :D

That is awesome. Your GSD is amazing.

Have you ever considered making an armor set for him so he could be a Spartan Service Dog of sorts?

Got a pair of Doggles a couple years ago to torture my pup. They broke in less then an hour.

I'll be sure when I get a pair of doggles for Sarge that he isn't left alone with them on so I know he won't destroy them.

Wow, I've seen it online on Facebook first... WOW, great work!
And great dog, that he feels comfortable in it :D

Thank you!

That is awesome. Your GSD is amazing.

Have you ever considered making an armor set for him so he could be a Spartan Service Dog of sorts?

I have actually thought about it, but I would have to design something original since nothing like that exists in canon. I've thought about making ODST K9-Unit armor since that would make more sense than a Spartan unit K9.

I have a few sketches here and there, but they don't really look good, in my opinion. I need to figure out something simplistic so my dog doesn't get too uncomfortable but is still recognizable to the ODST aesthetic.

any chance you going to strap a fat man on his back? because I think I speak for everyone that it's like the one gun you want to have near by and just don't want it to weight you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back