Red vs Blue Filex build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all time for an update on the progress.
So with my break coming to a close i'm trying to get as much work done on this as I can and I had a little help from a new toy I got for christmas. So with my new rotary tool I was able to make quick progress on the helmet and also some good progress on the chest.
IMAG1294.jpgIMAG1295.jpgIMAG1299.jpgIMAG1300.jpgIMAG1301.jpgIMAG1302.jpg

Now that the helmet is basically done it is time to start to fitting the padding and figuring out how to secure it to my head.
IMAG1296.jpgIMAG1297.jpgIMAG1298.jpg

So my idea for attaching it to my head is so attach a hat into the foam on the inside so i caniblized a old us-less hat.
IMAG1304.jpg

Then finally here is the little work I did on my chest.

IMAG1303.jpg

So I have finally am almost done with my first helmet build and can now really move on to the rest of this build

Here are the pictures of the panted helmet.(ik that the color looks diffent between pictures but thats just my phone.)

IMAG1307.jpgIMAG1306.jpgIMAG1308.jpgIMAG1309.jpgIMAG1310.jpg

Ok Its been a little while since I have been around but I do have an update on my progress even though with school and my training its been less than I would have liked.

Ok I have been able to do some painting on my chest plate but I think I may end up rebuilding it for I really think it is just a little too small for it does not cover my all my ribs but here is the one so far. For me I really do like the dark grey that is almost black and this kind-of bright orange that felix has.
IMAG1333.jpgIMAG1323.jpgIMAG1325.jpgIMAG1326.jpgIMAG1327.jpg

Then there is the work that I have been doing on my next piece. I have been working on the twin-plated forearm that goes with the armor but I think this may be to big. I am going to be rebuilding this piece for some of the tape i used came loose and made it separate from the other side and cause it to not be aligned correctly which you will be able to see in the pictures.
IMAG1328.jpgIMAG1329.jpgIMAG1330.jpgIMAG1331.jpg

What I have been thinking about is how am I going to keep my forearm to stay solid on my arm when I where it what I have come up with is to make a mount using two half's of a pvc pipe that would have velcro on. The pvc would be in two half's and attached using velcro as well. The velcro on the outside would align with velcro on the forearm piece and that should hold the ridged forearm steady. I don't know it this is the best way so if you have any tips on this that would be great for I find attaching the armor solidly to your person is almost harder that making it.
IMAG1332.jpg

I am also looking for some advice on both the chest and arm for I feel like the chest is too small and the arm may be just a bit too big and since I am going to remake the arm and maybe the chest I was wondering if I should maybe try making them differently.

Thanks for all the support and help
-Fllschirmjager/Micheal

Attachments

• IMAG1322.jpg
    IMAG1322.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
Ok I know I have not been posting on this for a while but my production on this project in continuing slowly but surely.
I have just finished peping, resining and fiberglassing the inside of my re-built helmet. When I put my first helmet on it seemed a little big but I said what ever. Then later after I built the chest plate I thought it may be a little big in comparison to the chest and to my head for it was very long and there was way too much space in that helmet. This helmet fist a lot better and I plan on doing a different process to make smooth. What I was thinking was after I the fiberglass and resin set I will sand down those sharp edges that are supposed to be smooth(but not all the way). If i where to do this then the next coat of resin will not just add more material to that sharp edge that i will eventually have to sand down while also making the next coat of resin stick better for the area will be a little rough.
Here are some of the new helmet pictures along with some side by sides of it compared to the old one.
IMAG1345.jpgIMAG1346.jpgIMAG1347.jpgIMAG1348.jpgIMAG1351.jpgIMAG1352.jpgIMAG1353.jpgIMAG1354.jpg

Also ad a little side project I started peping fred's centurion helmet for its a more complex pep and well to be honest Its just awsome looking.
images.jpg

wont post pictures very much about this fun build till I have finished this one. but thought it would be good to at least get the scale and start one it a bit while i have time for resin can take forever to dry.

so I'm just going to ask are you going to be before or after season 13 with the paint? reason one he got blown off a tower, two he might look burned in places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back