Halo Reach Sniper Rifle 3D Model - Engineering Drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkurande

So I'm a new guy to this forum but I've always been interested in replicating some of the stuff from Halo Reach. Out of all the games, I think Halo reach's sniper rifle is the most unique, and thought I'd give it a shot on modeling it in Solidworks. Here's what I've put together so far in about 2 weeks. I've got the scope and mounting assembly and the bipod assembly to finish. Any thoughts so far?
Design 1.PNG

Do all the proportions seem alright? I'd happily take suggestions if something seems off to you guys.

Also, once I finish the model, I was thinking of creating some working drawings so if someone wanted to build a replica, they'd have all the dimensions

Looks outstanding so far. some recommendations that Id have for it is to make it a little less blocky on the hand grip. some models that I've printed out have a square grip and are uncomfortable to hold (to say the least) and it'll look a little more natural. great job though! looks great!

The edges on the handle are chamfered a little (kind of hard to tell), but I might round them off instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back