MNCProps: Halo 4 EOD Armor COMPLETED

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNCProps

Jr Member
After some recon for almost 2 years I'm finally posting a building thread
Some friends and I have decided to make a Fireteam for Katsucon 2016. Each and everyone of us are making our own custom armor . Personally, I choose to make the Halo 4 EOD
MJOLNIR_EOD.png

looking at the image I got of the armor, there's a lot of small details which aren't on the low poly pep files from the pep file bank. I'll make most of the details I can see on that build.
details.png

I made a paper mockup to get the right size. luckily I got it right the first time. So here what I got so far
DSC08574.JPG

Re: Halo 4 EOD Armor WIP

Wow, your pep looked great but DAT FOAM... so smooth and clean. @w@

your seams and supper clean and the lines are pin straight.......awesome job.

This looks really good!

thanks guys for the feed back again. Here come an other update, this time on the pauldron
DSC08623.JPG

Forearm are done but didn't think of taking more WIP picture. I work on those too fast XD
DSC08630.JPG
DSC08636.JPG

Very nice foam work! I like the little extra detail like the screws and such. It really makes your armor pop out.

Thanks Frozensnot, I wanna give a "real" feel to that build ;)
in the mean time here's the thigh a few details are missing and but they're almost finish
DSC08652.JPGDSC08654.JPG

Damn, you're very fast. O.O
I can't comprehend how good you are with foam. O.O

Damn, you're very fast. O.O
I can't comprehend how good you are with foam. O.O

I got a lot of practice, I made 3 armor costume this year alone. I also been making costume for the past 12 years (Halloween, LARP, cosplay etc)
2015cosplay.png

It's looking really good. I hope to see it for real in the near future. Continue your good work.

an other update, I had to scratch build a lot of the Shin armor. Mostly because it was missing from the pep file or was poorly model. so here what's it look like so far. I still need to make thee back piece before assembling everything. this piece as the most details yet.
DSC08680.JPG

New update on the chest progress
DSC08693.JPG
so I started up with the piece that connected most of the armor. (i know it upside down)
It made of a single piece of foam folded like you do with paper

DSC08698.JPG
this is how I do it. I cut out the piece and make V cut underneath, undercut as a lot of people call it.

DSC08702.JPG
then it a simple matter of folding and gluing the piece using your paper version as a guide

DSC08703.JPG
that's what the chest piece look like for now

so why do I use that technique, well I limit the number of seam therefore reducing the amount of time I spend on filling and sanding seam if I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back