Identify this Character/Armor/Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ckesner

Hello all,
I think I have decided to take the plunge and build my own armor. In my search for inspiration, I came across the attached picture. The picture is supposedly from Reach. The tan spartan in the bottom left appeals to me, but I have been unable to Identify the character, or find a similar helmet. I have combed through Vanity with no success. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Chase

spartans-group_03_lm_atomic.jpg

Welcome!
If I'm not mistaken it looks like a HAZOP helmet but with the breather-thing attachement and camera, making it the CBRN/HUL variant. Left ODST shoulder pad. TAC-PAD on the left forearm. Default knees, + soft case.
No idea about the chest as it's covered by the rifle and not visible. Could be many things, also the knife is missing on it's left side.

Awesome, you guys are the best! No wonder I couldn't find it in Reach and also couldn't find it in Vanity, it doesn't have helmet attachments. I really like the helmet, maybe because of its fat bottomed similarity to a storm trooper helmet, but my like of it is tempered by my dislike of the hazop helmet sans cbrn. Now to decide if I should go for the obscure helmet that I like, or devote my time to a more iconic helmet...

Awesome, you guys are the best! No wonder I couldn't find it in Reach and also couldn't find it in Vanity, it doesn't have helmet attachments. I really like the helmet, maybe because of its fat bottomed similarity to a storm trooper helmet, but my like of it is tempered by my dislike of the hazop helmet sans cbrn. Now to decide if I should go for the obscure helmet that I like, or devote my time to a more iconic helmet...

You're welcome and there is another helmet that resembles Stormtroopers even more. ;)
I think you should go with the helmet you like - be it the one you like more or the most popular helmet Master Chief wears. Spartans are so popular people recognize them, doesn't matter if it's someone in Chief's costume or their own Spartan. :D

ih_eod%2004%20multiplayer%20helmet%20b.jpg

Attachments

• ih_eod%2004%20multiplayer%20helmet%20b.jpg
    ih_eod%2004%20multiplayer%20helmet%20b.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 208
Yep, Chernobyl nailed it. I'm guessing its the default chest on him too, its the only one with the UNSC symbol in the neck area.

Also, here's a pic of the Reach helmet variants for your reference. ;)
All_Known_Helmet_Variants.jpg

Vanity_635854549277913699.png
So I think this is pretty much what I have settled on, except that Vanity doesn't give you the option for the CBRN attachment, so the helmet will look much cooler. I wish Vanity would output a list, or labels on the pieces. Any thoughts?

That's the plan, I'm trying to make a checklist of all the pieces I need to make. As soon as I get a few more things in place, I'll start a build thread. I have an awful lot of modeling in my future. My real holdup is trying to decide what I am doing for an under suit, since all the pieces will be built over it, I need to figure it out first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back