Halo 4 Soldier Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneLegionary

Jr Member
Although I feel guilty starting a new build and thread without finishing my previous set of armor, this is what i am currently working on, so I decided i might assign a thread to it. For anyone who saw the start to my last build, that armor is not being ditched but instead put on pause. In any case the helmet was slightly big so I won't grow out of it, right?

I'd usually start a build with a build plan but it usually ends up taking too much time and prevents me from building. So this time I decided to dive right into it and see what happens. Well here goes.

This build was started by Dutch Props' amazing model which I am currently 3d printing. Heres the model:
2015-12-17 12.22.23.jpg

While the multiple pieces were printing I had a chance to start working on the chest piece. Im scratch building from foam and I'm trying to make it in as much detail possible.
2015-12-28 15.17.38.jpg

After building the first big piece I started on the two pieces next to the collarbone. Bit hard to explain but I think you'll figure out what I'm talking about.
2015-12-28 15.17.54.jpg

2015-12-28 15.16.52.jpg

2015-12-28 15.18.03.jpg

Those take me longer than I thought due to a process of trial and error. When I glued them to the main piece I realized it wasn't wide enough so I had to add a piece to the center. Although it looks ugly right now After I add the raised feature in the middle it will cover up the seam.
2015-12-28 23.00.58.jpg

2015-12-28 23.01.15.jpg

While I was busy building the chest piece and losing fingerprints due to hot glue the maker bot was hard at work. So far it has printed two pieces, the front and middle of the left side.
2015-12-26 16.06.41.jpg

2015-12-26 16.56.18.jpg

I wanted the helmet to be as game accurate as possible so it gonna be face tight. Bit uncomfortable but my pet peeve is loose fitting armor.
For more frequent updates and more frequent updates feel free to check Ardor Props' Facebook.
Thanks for looking and ill be back soon with updates!

LoneLegionary

P.S. Does anyone know how to make pictures larger? Thanks

I wanted the helmet to be as game accurate as possible so it gonna be face tight. Bit uncomfortable but my pet peeve is loose fitting armor.
For more frequent updates and more frequent updates feel free to check Ardor Props' Facebook.
Thanks for looking and ill be back soon with updates!

LoneLegionary

P.S. Does anyone know how to make pictures larger? Thanks

I'm not so sure you want a tight fitting helmet. Sure the game accuracy will look great but you may find that wearing the helmet will be really uncomfortable. I have a somewhat tight fitting helmet and every nook and cranny is taken up by electronics. If I could go back and make my helmet again, I would have increased the size by just a little bit. Do you already have plans to put in electronics such as fans and lights? Don't forget the padding :p.

I think your pictures are fine. I assume that they were uploaded through the 405th? I just click on your pictures for a larger picture. It's nicer that way for those who don't have fast internet. If you really want to show everything all up front, I would host your pictures on an image hosting website such as photobucket or image shack.

By the way, best of luck on your build!

I'm not so sure you want a tight fitting helmet. Sure the game accuracy will look great but you may find that wearing the helmet will be really uncomfortable. I have a somewhat tight fitting helmet and every nook and cranny is taken up by electronics. If I could go back and make my helmet again, I would have increased the size by just a little bit. Do you already have plans to put in electronics such as fans and lights? Don't forget the padding :p.

I think your pictures are fine. I assume that they were uploaded through the 405th? I just click on your pictures for a larger picture. It's nicer that way for those who don't have fast internet. If you really want to show everything all up front, I would host your pictures on an image hosting website such as photobucket or image shack.

By the way, best of luck on your build!
Yeah Ive started to regret that decision. I have a piece currently printing but Im planning on sizing it up by 10% or so. It would be a shame not to have space for padding and lights. And thanks!

Quick update. Heres how the chest is looking so far. Just added a few details.
2015-12-29 18.42.00.jpg

2015-12-29 18.42.04.jpg

2015-12-29 18.42.07.jpg

Unfortunately my break is almost over and its back to school for me. In retrospect it seems I probably should have started this thread with more time to work ahead of me. Well anyway, updates will still be rolling in so stay tuned. Right now I have a piece printing for the helmet that will take 67 hours to print so ill be posting that as soon as its done.

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned!

LoneLegionary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back