How many members of the 405th are there compared to the 501st

Status
Not open for further replies.

tk648

Does any body know the head count of the 405th compared to the 501st
and I figure that there are some members of the 405th that are members of the 501st..

I'm pretty sure, yeah. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to disagree. My jaw fell, because I didn't expect such high number.
It's a VERY nice surprise. :D I didn't think there were so many.

But still, I think 501st has a lot more.... Nope, they haven't. I just checked.

"Members: 7529 as per May 7th, 2015" says the Wikipedia.

Wow, that's pretty low. I thought there were many many more 501st members. But then on the other side, they have pretty high and elite requirements to be able to join them (movie accurate build, not a custom or personal build) and then even if you try I heard it takes a lot of time for them to give you the answer. o_O

Still, I thought they were so elite and large in number... Wow, 8k beaten by 31k Spartans, ODSTs, UNSC forces and others... :B

And Stormies can't shoot.

"I'm just a witness"

I think their dental program is better though........

I think their dental program is better though........

I think they are too picky as many people just end up buying Stormtrooper costumes for 1000$. Picky, like they really look as very small details that aren't truly important IMO.
I wouldn't reject people who took time to make their own costumes and you see that time.
But what irks me most is that you only can TRY to join if you make a character from movie or canon. You can't make your own character and be accepted... So it's a bummer, in my opinion.

Otherwise I like what 501st is doing - going to charities, etc. But seriously, because of all the talk about 501st I thought it was so elite because it was so huuuuge. O.O

I agree marawuff, I love what the 501st does but they are so elitist. Except for the very few people who vacuum form their own armour (and even fewer who have pepped) that vast majority of 501st Stormtroopers can't say that they have built anything. Rather they have assembled. I did a cardboard/fiberglass/bondo set of armour a couple of years ago and Jawas for my kids. I loved creating something from scratch, just as most 405th members do, but is would never pass 501st standards.

I love how excited everyone here gets for every build. And how helpful everyone is. I am just starting my first set of Halo armour and can't wait to really get into it.

"I'm just a witness"

While it's 100% okay for everyone to have opinions about other groups, let's keep in mind that the 405th is not about bashing other groups and we have a lot of 501st members here in the 405th, including myself.

Technically, the 405th may have that many accounts registered on the forum but the number of active members who are part of Regiments is relatively small number as in under 1,000 would be my stab in the dark. According to our last census in October, the 501st has 8441 active members and 662 on reserve. That isn't counting the number of inactive or retired members.

Let's also keep in mind that lots of people here also build kits and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It doesn't make someone any less of a costumer or builder. The skill levels in every group vary widely and all are encouraged to continue on whatever path it is that they enjoy the most.

Jme, let's see some of those cute Jawa photos!

Last edited by a moderator:
While it's 100% okay for everyone to have opinions about other groups, let's keep in mind that the 405th is not about bashing other groups and we have a lot of 501st members here in the 405th, including myself.

Technically, the 405th may have that many accounts registered on the forum but the number of active members who are part of Regiments is relatively small number as in under 1,000 would be my stab in the dark. According to our last census in October, the 501st has 8441 active members and 662 on reserve. That isn't counting the number of inactive or retired members.

Let's also keep in mind that lots of people here also build kits and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It doesn't make someone any less of a costumer or builder. The skill levels in every group vary widely and all are encouraged to continue on whatever path it is that they enjoy the most.

Just for my defense, I wasn't bashing. :) I have a lot of respect for 501st and I'd love to be a part of it too. I think 501st is cool, especially what they are doing. I just pointed out my very few negative points of it.
And wow, judging on these numbers, the 501st is recruiting fast. :D

Oh, then it would be around 1000 active 405th members. I have no idea how many there are - in my country there are none, literally zero. If I finish my build I'll be the first.
I can't say for the world, so I was very surprised hearing it was over 30k... Like, my jaw dropped because I've seen only few people cosplaying on the photos and it sounded ridiculous it's 30k... and I never checked the forums to see how many members are registered. And of course like you said, registered members =/= active members.

Jme, let's see some of those cute Jawa photos!

I would love to (any chance to gush about my kids) but I don't seem to have the ability to post pics.

"I'm just a witness"

The 405th is open to everyone to join the forum. Wouldn't want to ever change that but it does leave us with thousands of users that haven't stuck around or who just read and rarely post. With the 501st, the local Garrisons and the Detachments have public sections to assist people in getting gear, but you can't actually join the 501st until you have your gear.

The 501st numbers have always risen fairly steady but we all expect a sharp increase with the new movie and all of the spin offs being talked about. Exciting times!

I'm super excited to see you get your gear together, @Marawuff and hopefully through increased social media by the 405th and the Regiments we can track down more Halo costumers who just don't know about us yet! Must get you some trooping buddies!

Jme....ahhhh likely beacuse you are a new recruit. Definitely you have the 90 days. Just need the 50 posts and then ALL THE CUTENESS!!!

They really are pretty darn cute.

"I'm just a witness"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back