halo 3 hunter 10' tall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey thanks! I bought that for wife last christmas, Z-Gallery.
As for the right fore arm, my fingers aren't ready to cut out that many parts yet. My best guess is that the cannon is going to be about 5 foot tall when it's done. So left sholder first, then the CANNON! :D

Not sure what that place is, but if they've got stuff like that they've got my business.

Ha, I know, I was just teasing you. You really are doing an impressive job on getting those pieces out, intricate or not. Now you've got me excited to see the CANON!! :D

I'm following this. I'm following this with heavy breathing.
heavy-breathing-cat.jpg

Attachments

• heavy-breathing-cat.jpg
    heavy-breathing-cat.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 111
These pictures are looking great so far! You really are going to look giant once this suit starts coming together. Following this thread, cant wait to see more ^_^

That is looking awesome... and massive! Going to be checking back on this one, can't wait to see the results. :)

So before I had mentioned that the cannon was going to be 5 tall, my oops. The entire right arm is 5 foot:p. So the cannon ended up 33 inches tall. This thing was a pain, there was a ton of recessed lines in it, and folds going everywhere. The enegery rods will be made of lexan but I did one of them to get an idea of looks. I also made the lower half of the other 5 for template.

20160202_133548.jpg

20160202_133559.jpg

On to the stomach plates.

Holy freaking crap that looks awesome! You're making me consider taking a trip out west to attend a con with you so I can see this beast once its done!

We will be at the salt lake comic con in September! So that is my dead line for my son's mark 6 and thus hunter. Would love to see as many 405th members as possible.

WOW!! i was just browsing around and this caught my eye, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it in fall. Keep up the amazing work.

Helmet is done. Some of these parts are much easier to build. This one only took 2 hours to cut and build.

20160203_173203.jpg

20160203_173215.jpg

Spines are next.

Everything is looking FANTASTIC!!!! I have a question though. You've already determined that the height will be near actual and that you've already sized the legs to accommodate a 30 inch stilt system. What are you doing about the arm length? Keeping them stubby human size?I found something that might help if you were extending the arms. Prototype Robot Parts. Iv'e seen something like this done on SYFY's Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge. It was a very simple device that you wore on your hand like a glove but extended your reach ......as long as you wanted........as big as you wanted.......The person used a flex line that would curl the finger as you curled your own. The finger had a spine in it that would bring it back to an extended position. If I find the diagrams or even a better picture of it I will.

Fond something better: Mechanical Monster Hands

Good find! Yes it will something along those lines. My shoulders will line up with the arm holes in the suit and my elbow will basically be the shoulder socket. My hand and wrist will be the elbow joint. Fortunately the hunter doesn't have fingers on one hand and I'm not sure if I will automate the left hand yet. I am already planning on this monster being rather uncomfortable, but hey, no pain no gain. And it's so my son has big giant pet at comic con!

I wish! New York City would be a blast. That would be a long drive from idaho, because could you imagine what this thing would look like after the airport baggage guys got a hold of it!:facepalm

The family and I are going to the one in salt lake city, it's in September. We went last year and it was really cool, so this year we are going for the "show stopper" look, quoted by my son.

Thanks Phil, and nice suit. I read thru your build, and very nice job.

So in between cooking dinner, I got 1 set of spines done. These were a bit tricky to keep straight, they kept wanting to twist slightly. The long one is 48 inches with the knuckle.

20160204_202256.jpg

20160204_202345.jpg

I will do the other set tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back