Halo 4/5 Build 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dat1Darkrai

Member DIN
S450
BUILD FINISHED! 11/2/2016

So its all done beside some of the soldier pouches and just small details that can be completed later. Learned a lot of new things through out this build and honestly cant wait to start upgrades hahaha. Let me know what you think!

IMG_0689.JPG IMG_0685.JPG IMG_0688.JPG IMG_0687.JPG IMG_0686 (2).JPG

Halo 4/5 Armor!!!

*most recent update: 4-25-16*

Starting this year off, I want to dive right in and start making my armor for Halo 4/5. I always liked the Halo 4 armor style and being able to make and wear it is even better.

The armor is going to be a combination of Foam and Pep/Resin. The helmet being the only paper pep and resin piece.

I currently have all the files i need and will be starting soon.

Armor Goal:
fullbody.png

Armor Pieces:

Helmet: Warmaster; Pep'ed and waiting for resin
Chest: Soldier; Built
Shoulders: Warmaster; Built
Cod: Recruit; File found
Thighs: Recruit; File found
Shins/ Knees: Recruit; File found
Boots: Recruit; Built

Under-suit (idea still in progress):

Im hoping that i will be able to use a all-in-1 compression suit as the base for the under-suit. I saw a post on Facebook showing that by ironing a hex/ chicken wire pattern on to vinyl fabric, the hex pattern shows up on the vinyl. So I would make a duct-tape mannequin, and draw the templates on that and get the under-suit from the cutting up the mannequin. Another member, gmflex, posted a thread about this hexagonal aero-mat that he plasti-dipped. So i want to try to make the under-suit as a option B.
The boots are going to be interceptor Toe Kentin boots from wal-mart unless i find a better looking boot for the costume.
k2-_2b8b87f6-f113-4c50-a3e2-b834716b0a0f.v1.jpg

So this is what i have so far. Open to ideas to make the build as best as it could be.

download.png(Added just for fun)

fullbody.png

k2-_2b8b87f6-f113-4c50-a3e2-b834716b0a0f.v1.jpg

download.png

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0686 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My preffered selection for boots, while pricey, are these babies right here.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-ua-alegent-tactical-boots/pcid1236876-001

Things look mean, have a nice profile, and are super comfortable.

Good luck with the build! How are you going to be doing the visor for the Warmaster?

I like those boots, they do have a interesting look to them, but for those walmart ones, i think they will be able to do the job. They are low at the toes, like in game which is nice.
I am going to be officially making a vacuum form machine. Going to make the buck, smooth it out so its all nice. I might do what Bill Doran did for his Ep7 rebel visor and do a mold with Hydrocal and Alginate
(this video for a better understanding https://youtu.be/JwTsEDIa6fA skip to 3:07) so i can have a buck that is good for standing up against heat. I saw one video about vacuum forming a halo reach pilot visor and the bondo and spot putty was melting and coming off with visor so i would like to avoid that.

So tiny update:

I finished the weapons i will be using. I got a hold of the boom-co smg and magnum. I filled in the screw hole sand any other places with bondo, and painted them with the spiral skin from halo 5 with rust-oleum paint and Basics red and blue paint from
micahel's.
IMG_3305.JPG

I also got a question concerning the undersuit.

What do most halo 4 costumes use as the undersuits? I know that some sew/ glue on the hex pattern sheets to get the hex pattern undersuit, but what is the actually suit that they glue it on to. Im thinking that maybe a compression suit will work but i would like a second opinion to see what other people use.

Nice paint job on your weapons!

While I haven't started my undersuit yet, I plan on using a zentai suit with the Halo 4 undersuit kit made by BMP Props (if he still makes them). I've noticed that there isn't as much hex patterns in Halo 5 compared to Halo 4. Thank goodness because I thought there was way too much hex patterns in Halo 4 and it's hard to make :p The shoulders and the chest are the only areas that I can think of that have hex patterns.

Nice paint job on your weapons!

While I haven't started my undersuit yet, I plan on using a zentai suit with the Halo 4 undersuit kit made by BMP Props (if he still makes them). I've noticed that there isn't as much hex patterns in Halo 5 compared to Halo 4. Thank goodness because I thought there was way too much hex patterns in Halo 4 and it's hard to make :p The shoulders and the chest are the only areas that I can think of that have hex patterns.

Zentai suit is a neat idea. i Have seen the undersuit kit by BMP props and thats the idea i wanna go with but with vinyl and grated metal. I will have to do more research to see what will be the best option but the zentai suit is what may go with Thanks Frozensnot!

Another tiny update, built one of the war master shoulders
IMG_3308.JPG

It is a bit lop sided so may or may not make it again and try to perfect a good build to it.

Another update :D

Finished both war master shoulder/ bicep pieces

WIN_20160116_23_35_36_Pro.jpg WIN_20160116_23_35_47_Pro.jpg WIN_20160116_23_39_08_Pro.jpg WIN_20160116_23_44_25_Pro.jpg

Good progress for 1 day!

WIN_20160116_23_35_36_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160116_23_35_47_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160116_23_39_08_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160116_23_44_25_Pro.jpg

Update Time!!!

I started working on another weapon to have for the armor so i have a wide range of props to use!

I got a hold of the boomco plasma pistol. The goal is to turn it into the Voids tear pistol from the req packs in halo 5

IMG_3284.PNG IMG_3285.PNG

Here is what i have so far:

IMG_3284.PNG

IMG_3285.PNG

IMG_3311.JPG

IMG_3313.JPG

IMG_3315.JPG

Hey, real nice weapons skins (paint jobs) you're rocking there !

Also, are those electronics your creation for the Void's tear ? quite interesting integration ! :p

keep it up!

I want to get other people's opinions about the shoes I have found.

I did some cleaning up in my room and found these pair of shoes. I was thinking that i could use them for the armor because of the small toe size.

IMG_3330.JPG

They have a low heel to it like the halo 4 recruit boots.

What do you guys and gals think?

UPDATE TIME!!

So after a good three days of working, I managed to finish the soldier chest with only one burn from hot glue!!!:D

IMG_3333.JPG

While building, I was worried that it may have been a tad big, but ti actually does fit well. Going to deck the entire chest with a bunch of lights once its plasti-dipped and painted

IMG_3333.JPG

UPDATE: 1/25/2016 *PIC HEAVY*

So after a bit of working and supply runs, I managed to finish both of the recruit gauntlets. When i was scaling them, i was worried that the larger opening for the upper arm portion was too big but after some padding, It actually looks pretty good in my opinion.

Here is the gauntlets:
IMG_3345.JPG IMG_3347.JPG IMG_3351.JPG
IMG_3354.JPG For the comm looking piece, i may hot knife some detailing like the clone trooper wrist comm. link : maxresdefault.jpg

Here are some action shots :D:
IMG_3343.JPG IMG_3344.JPG IMG_3342.JPG IMG_3341.JPG

Sorry for the picture spam. I really wanted to show off what i have so far :)

What do all of you think? Feedback is appreciated!

IMG_3345.JPG

IMG_3347.JPG

IMG_3351.JPG

IMG_3354.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

IMG_3343.JPG

IMG_3344.JPG

IMG_3342.JPG

IMG_3341.JPG

UPDATE 4-25-16

BACK IN ACTION

Hello all! It has definitely been awhile! First off i wanna start off by saying i graduated high-school early and i will hopefully have a lot more time to build things.

Starting small for now, i built the toe armor pieces for the shoes!

IMG_3655.JPG IMG_3656.JPG IMG_3659.JPG

IMG_3655.JPG

IMG_3656.JPG

IMG_3659.JPG

You're build is amazing. I have no idea how I missed that thread earlier.
Damn good and those clean cuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back