Halo 4/5 Build 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I have built the shin for the recruit leg armor, and the size of it is concerning me a little bit. I think i have got the height the correct size, but in the process it made it little bit wide on the sides. I am starting to think that i should go with one of the Narrow leg armors as it may fit better because everyone has their own body types and what not and what would look and be the best option for me

Here are a few pics of the Shin.
IMG_3671.JPG IMG_3682.JPG

I am thinking about switching over to XG-89 legs as they seem as a better fit, but i had wanted to get peoples opinion first as to what i should do here. Any Advice would be helpful.

Hi everyone, I have built the shin for the recruit leg armor, and the size of it is concerning me a little bit. I think i have got the height the correct size, but in the process it made it little bit wide on the sides. I am starting to think that i should go with one of the Narrow leg armors as it may fit better because everyone has their own body types and what not and what would look and be the best option for me

Here are a few pics of the Shin.
View attachment 26569 View attachment 26570

I am thinking about switching over to XG-89 legs as they seem as a better fit, but i had wanted to get peoples opinion first as to what i should do here. Any Advice would be helpful.

Oh wow. O.O
This shin piece looks really cool. I love how clean it is. o.o You could just go and paint it, perfect!

As for your concerns - it is supposed to be wide on the sides.

Sorry for the photo of a 3A figure, but it's surprisingly hard to find good pictures of the Recruit... But as you see, it's big and I'd say your shin is perfect. o.o
It's just up to you - if you personally like it or not.

e1315fc00e2224fb17779e7be5f61591.jpg

Attachments

• e1315fc00e2224fb17779e7be5f61591.jpg
    e1315fc00e2224fb17779e7be5f61591.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 177
Oh wow. O.O
This shin piece looks really cool. I love how clean it is. o.o You could just go and paint it, perfect!

As for your concerns - it is supposed to be wide on the sides.

Sorry for the photo of a 3A figure, but it's surprisingly hard to find good pictures of the Recruit... But as you see, it's big and I'd say your shin is perfect. o.o
It's just up to you - if you personally like it or not.

http://images.goodsmile.info/cgm/im...13/large/e1315fc00e2224fb17779e7be5f61591.jpg

Okay i see what you are saying about it being wide. I had compared it to my reach shin. The height was good, and it was about the same width wise. I was mainly concerned about it looking good. As i have ocd sorta with just wanting it to look good, but dont we all lol

Thanks for the feedback. I think i will build a XG-89 shin and have a comparison photo showing which looks better on the body. If that makes sense. Thanks!!!

(Also P.S. The seams are made possible by Krazy Glue. Its a contact adhesive that is practically a liquid plastic.)

The XG-89, is it this one? Sorry, I don't have X360 anymore and Halo MCC/5 are very primitive compared to the Halo 4's customization options... v_v

latest?cb=20121205133743&path-prefix=it

Attachments

• latest?cb=20121205133743&path-prefix=it
    latest?cb=20121205133743&path-prefix=it
    390.4 KB · Views: 330
Then I can't wait to see your progress on these! :D
Yeah, they are smaller, but I like that there is so much variety! :D

Hi everyone! Little update time. Sorry it took so long as the Destiny RNG gods were being kind to me with Iron Banner (went from 315 to 330 with the help of Three of coins), so i kinda put alot of my time towards that game :lol

So i had rebuilt the shin at a smaller scale and I was like "eh why not and see what it looks like. I think I got the scale pretty well

IMG_3703.JPG IMG_3704.JPG IMG_3705.JPG

Funny thing was that i used the scale from the first shin i made and it seemed to fit pretty good! Let me know what you all think!

I totally understand what you mean. I feel like every time I get a new game, I don't make any progress on costumes, and every time I'm working on a new costume, I don't have time to game! Lol

I totally understand what you mean. I feel like every time I get a new game, I don't make any progress on costumes, and every time I'm working on a new costume, I don't have time to game! Lol

That what it was like for when i started my armor. It was like "FULL STEAM AHEAD!" then one day, I pass a game stop and see halo 5 is out. and next thing yenno,"CHANGE COURSE OF DIRECTION." Lol

That what it was like for when i started my armor. It was like "FULL STEAM AHEAD!" then one day, I pass a game stop and see halo 5 is out. and next thing yenno,"CHANGE COURSE OF DIRECTION." Lol

Hahahah! Right now I'm torn between Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and starting on my Destiny Hunter Class build...so many things to do, so little time!

Hah, I gave up playing Halo all together! Just so more of my focus can be on building my armor, lol! Also, the scaling on the shin looks good to me.;)

Hahahah! Right now I'm torn between Witcher 3, Fallout 4, and starting on my Destiny Hunter Class build...so many things to do, so little time!

Never played any of the fallout or witcher games. I am interested in Fallout but i just gotta clear room on my XBone. I made a destiny hunter a bit back and im currently doing upgrades for it. but that is another thread lol
Here is what Hunter 1.0 looked like
IMG_3384.JPG
Hah, I gave up playing Halo all together! Just so more of my focus can be on building my armor, lol! Also, the scaling on the shin looks good to me.;)

Ok Super glad the shin is looking good. Thanks! going to start the other one soon, after a bit of destiny grinding. But i can understand wanting to focus on cosplaying. I was like, "i reaaalllly should build that shin right now, but one more game." :lol

Wow! Your hunter looks awesome. Great work! I'm feeling very motivated now...

Wow! Your hunter looks awesome. Great work! I'm feeling very motivated now...

Thanks!!!! It was definitely a fun build and a somewhat easy one. When i finish this build up I will either do upgrades for the destiny or probably start my overwatch reaper lol

Hello all!!!! UPDATE 6/12/2016

Im back with a update, Life seems to catch up every couple months and i have to refocus on certain things. (Finally got to head over to my local community college and get that started so Wooo!!!!)

But, I have build one thigh to the leg armor and it turned out good in my opinion. Its a tad bit big on the inner band, so i think i may or may not remove material from there, but if i just add padding in that area it makes it nice and somewhat snug.
Definitely, while building this, the dremel came in handy to bring down the formation of the mountain shaped seems from piecing the whole thing together. i still i have to bring down the seems a bit more. The seems were definitely a lot more pronounce.

Before i start doing the super fine detailing, i want to see if the sizing for the thigh piece is good. Lemme know what you think!

IMG_3942.JPG IMG_3943.JPG

(the pieces are only a dry fit for now, i may have to curve the knee pieces and add foam to the shins and bring them up a tad bit probably)

IMG_3942.JPG

IMG_3943.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE 6/20/16

Alright so Im back with an update. I have almost finished the right thigh with the fine detailing with only a few more pieces to add on and take care of. During that time, i completely forgot about the war master helmet and started to notice that some of the paper was starting to become unstuck from the glue. So i went and fiber-glassed a quick layer on the inside of the helmet. Oddly enough, the one layer that i did on the outside seems like I had done the whole process of the resin step with how strong it is. When I had gone to resin the helmet, i also realized that i did not have any brushes so i instead did some make-shift roto casting which worked really well actually.
IMG_4012.JPG IMG_4014.JPG

A quick question, due to the glue not holding any more, some tabs lifted away from a piece (see below: tabs 134 and 135), am i just going to have to sand that entire area and use all-purpose putty to fill it back up?
IMG_4018.JPG

On to the thighs, Like I had said before, I would say i pretty much finished up the thighs and dont believe im missing any more details besides the ones I know of. I went and took some pics from my xbox to grab the details so i can see what i need to transfer over, detail wise.

IMG_3953.JPG IMG_3969.JPG

IMG_3956.JPG IMG_4006.JPG
IMG_3959.JPG IMG_4004.JPG

And the final piece for this update is the gloves! I finally figured out how to do the finger armor pieces. I currently have one hand built and resined and i realized that the pieces are the same on both sizes and i figured i would just mold and cast them as i will be needing more since im building my borthers costume after i finish mine. The glove is just a $20 Tactical glove from Amazon.
IMG_4024.JPG

The glove shown in the photo is just a stand in for now as the one shown is for another cosplay, so im going to need to get another pair.

Thats all for now, another update should come around hopefully 2-3 days from now.

IMG_4012.JPG

IMG_4014.JPG

IMG_4018.JPG

IMG_3953.JPG

IMG_3969.JPG

IMG_3956.JPG

IMG_4006.JPG

IMG_3959.JPG

IMG_4004.JPG

IMG_4024.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE 10/30/2016

Hey all! The project is not dead! just have been busy with school and other things. Here is my stuff as of now. Im hoping to get it done with in the next 2-3 days and i know i can do it. So ima busy for ahwile. PIC HEAVY!

IMG_0628.JPG IMG_0658.JPG IMG_0659.JPG IMG_0661.JPG IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG IMG_0657.JPG IMG_0672.JPG IMG_0664.JPG

all that is left is to weather the white vinyl undersuit pieces, and just proper snapping, as well as finishing the chest piece up with plasti-dip.

IMG_0628.JPG

IMG_0657.JPG

IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0659.JPG

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0657.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG