Halo 4 MC Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

U513

Jr Member
Hey guys

Been a while since I dropped in. Busy with life... :( and having fun with my suit

wefwf.jpg

Recently I have started a few projects. here is one of them. I bought the Halo 4 Helmet from Stony Props whilst my Mom was over meeting some family in the states.

This is how the helmet came to me. It was ready to paint. Its a very good helmet. Lightweight and solid construction.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I wasn't happy with a few things so I changed those by using some epoxy putty

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

I placed a switch at the back (push to latch) as I felt it was a lot more discrete there

8.jpg

I then had custom colour made from my local paint/car body shop using my MC controller as a reference. The really came through.

9.jpg

Painted the fans

10.jpg

11.jpg

I also cut out the two sunk bits in the helmet design and replaced them with a mesh (this is where I will put the fans) and painted it all silver

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

and I am currently at this stage.

15.jpg

16.jpg

still need to

install fans
detail the paint (add silver accents and the darker paint areas at the top)
install lights
add padding on the inside
fix visor

The visor that came with it was great but I wasn't happy with the gold film colour. I didn't like the construction of it either to be fair. So I got my car detailing stuff out and used my paint cutting polishes/pads to shine the visor and improve clarity before painting.

I then painted on a thin layer of bronze custom made paint and then cleared over it.

I need to wet sand the clear and then polish and it should then be finished. I may paint a hex pattern on it before doing that but im not sure... yet to decide on that.

Feedback always welcome.

other projects Im working on are the Noble six helmet and a highly customized Halo reach Carter helmet.

17.jpg
Installed the LED Lights powered using 2 AA batteries

18.jpg

Installed the internal padding too using foam

19.jpg

This is what it looks like in the dark

Just the minor details and fans left to do then this one is complete.

Also here is a sneak peak of my other helmets I am working on

12525382_10156402455445317_5908919169858079937_o.jpg12604934_10156402454915317_4017967255677720052_o.jpg

The first is a Noble Six helmet which will be finished off in the same colours as the master chief.

The second is a heavily customised Carter helmet. Still a lot of work left to do on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back