Fredrick 104 Foam Tips and Progress (First Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetfreak

Once I get the resources I'll be starting a foam build on Fredrick 104 from Halo 5: Guardians.
It looks to me that Fred's Centurion armor is nearly identical to Chief's Mark VI armor from Halo 4. I can't find the Centurion armor aside from the helmet on here or on the pep library so I'll be using Chief's as a reference. If anyone has any tips or if you have the Centurion files let me know.

Here is a comparison of Fred's armor from H5 and Chief's armor from H4:
View attachment 22456 View attachment 22457

Let me know if you spot any major differences, I'll be looking as well during the process.

I'd specifically like tips on making the visor and useful tips for working with foam as this is my first foam build.
Thanks and I'll keep you all posted with the progress!

Last edited by a moderator:
Invalid attachments buddy :b

Working with foam? Always make sure your blades are sharp!

- You can use thinner craft foam to add lots of details without having to breakout the dremel.
- Using a hot--knife attachment for a soldering iron lets you make very precise angled cuts without needing to constantly sharpen blades.
- Buy a cheap knife sharpener. It will save you a great deal of blades.
- When using pepakura not optimized for foam, remember that your material is 3/8" to 1/2" thick,not paper thin. This can make corners much hard
- Consider how sharp a corner is and bevel the edge of the foam to make a clean corner.
- Buy more hot glue than you thin you need (Or barge if you're using that)

unfortunately, I'm not good with Pepakura unfolds, but I do have all of the Centurion armor divided out into their own separate pieces. (I'm about half way through a 3D print of the armor set now.) but all of the files are in STL format.

Haven't done much with foam other than making Lone Wanderer belts for my kids, but make sure you have lots of sharp blades or a sharpener. Amazon sells packs of 100 Techni-edge blades for $11.25. I tried to get away with using my low temp hot glue gun and the pieces weren't sticking very well, when I switched to a high temp glue gun it worked perfectly. Good luck!

Link for the blades if anyone is interested. http://www.amazon.com/Techni-Edge-11-Hobby-Blades/dp/B0006GBSXG/

Once I get the resources I'll be starting a foam build on Fredrick 104 from Halo 5: Guardians.
It looks to me that Fred's Centurion armor is nearly identical to Chief's Mark VI armor from Halo 4. I can't find the Centurion armor aside from the helmet on here or on the pep library so I'll be using Chief's as a reference. If anyone has any tips or if you have the Centurion files let me know.

Here is a comparison of Fred's armor from H5 and Chief's armor from H4:
View attachment 22456 View attachment 22457

Let me know if you spot any major differences, I'll be looking as well during the process.

I'd specifically like tips on making the visor and useful tips for working with foam as this is my first foam build.
Thanks and I'll keep you all posted with the progress!
Hi, there's a foam template in the File Archive. Look up the Centurion armor :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back