My Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guerilla FX

Hello everyone! My name is Austin, and like most of you I am a serious Halo fan. I've been playing Halo since the day Halo CE came out in 2001 when I was about 5. In addition to being a Halo nerd, I'm also very much into Special FX and movie make-up. I hope that someday, I will be able to make a Halo fan film. However, I'm not getting ahead of myself. I first want to accomplish the task of building my first set of armor. I first heard about 405th back in November of 2008. That was back when the channel Indy Mogul was still making videos. I always admired Indy Mogul, but I really respected them once they showed a Halo armor tutorial. I've always been a very huge fan of the MJOLNIR Mark V armor. My favorite version of this armor would definitely have to be from Halo CE. I like the other versions, but the classic is pure art. I've never actually tried this method of armor making before, so if anyone has any helping hints, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you for reading.

P.S. My gamer tag is: KFCfryer. Yes I know it's ridiculous and funny. :D
I play the Master Chief Collection and Halo 5: Guardians on the Xbox One. Feel free to add me. :thumbsup

First off welcome, and My suggestions (if you haven't done this type of build before) are to watch youtube, there are plenty of videos out there to help. Start small and work your way to bigger projects.

Welcome! :) If you're planning on trying pepakura, make sure you check out some of the stickies in the Costumes and Armor section. They really help and answer tons of questions. (I thought it looked very intimidating at first, but I had a blast learning how to do it.)

Thanks! :) The pep for the Mark V is pretty friendly. Can't remember which file I used, but I made a quick one a few months ago for my 7 year old. He wanted to run around and pretend to be Caboose. I wanted to smooth it out but since he didn't want to wait we painted it and called it good.

Also, Elmer's Wood Glue works really well with card stock. Starts to hold fast and is strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back