AenElle's ODST Project (First Armor. WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AenElle

So I began work about last week and decided I should post it here to show everyone.
20160131_192138.jpg

20160131_192156.jpg

20160131_192209.jpg
So far I have completed The main Torso, The plate that sits on top of it, Gauntlets, Ab plate and Crotch plate.

Will try to update when I finish more parts!

1e9d9b6d-dc47-4bb0-b530-f5c527bbe11a.jpg

Added the bottom plates onto the Torso, which now makes it complete!

I did the shoulders, however they were way too small to fit me so I'll be redoing them.

Nice start. Always great to have more people working on ODSTs.

Great work so far. If I make a suggestion, your cuts are a bit rough. Try not "sawing" the blade. You won't get those lines along the edges. Straight smooth cuts from start to finish. Its not an easy thing I know, but the more time you work on perfecting the first cut, the less time you have to use to conceal those rough edges. Investigate Plasta-dip, it will help. Keep using fresh blades when possible and try not to go over too deep in an area you just cut. Its easy to remove a lot, but very hard to put back, even if it's just a little. Keep going and it will get easier. Fantastic job. Welcome to 405th.

Great work so far. If I make a suggestion, your cuts are a bit rough. Try not "sawing" the blade. You won't get those lines along the edges. Straight smooth cuts from start to finish. Its not an easy thing I know, but the more time you work on perfecting the first cut, the less time you have to use to conceal those rough edges. Investigate Plasta-dip, it will help. Keep using fresh blades when possible and try not to go over too deep in an area you just cut. Its easy to remove a lot, but very hard to put back, even if it's just a little. Keep going and it will get easier. Fantastic job. Welcome to 405th.

Yeah I've come to realize how often I should change blades, it is my first attempt at armor. And thank you for the tips!

Looking good, I just starting using a hot knife, its given me cleaner cuts, but takes some getting used to since the grip is way different than an xacto or a utility knife. Can't wait to see more as you progress through your build!

Looking good, I just starting using a hot knife, its given me cleaner cuts, but takes some getting used to since the grip is way different than an xacto or a utility knife. Can't wait to see more as you progress through your build!

I need to invest in a hot knife too but luckily my uncle is letting me borrow his belt-sander for awhile, Now regardless of how I cut it I can sand it down easily and it be smooth.

- - - Updated - - -

20160201_211612.jpg

I have the thigh Plates and one shoulder completed along with the redo of the gauntlets.
I do however feel that the shoulders are quite over-sized, miscalculation of measurements on my part.

Yeah, DFT's templates are hard to use seeing he doesn't provide any form of measurement whatsoever :/

You're doing great though! Keep going!

Belt sander is a key piece of equipment. If you have access to one of those.......sweet smooth lines and seams. It will make a huge mess though. Do not use a sander inside..........wife killed me when I did that.......I think there is still EVA foam powder in the corners of the basement......

don't apologize......just get better. There is a war on........oh sorry.....reading too many HALO books lately.......

Its looking great Keep up the good work, Hope you feel better soon. This is going to be awesome when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back