First Full Halo armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannahkay

Hey! This is my first full body armor and I'm really excited to get started! I plan on making it out of Eva foam and posting my step by step on this thread! I've researched thoroughly and have some prior experience, but if you think of anything extra to help me out let me know!

my build will be Kat from Halo Reach and I am going to make a custom undersuit. I will not be using pepakura files for a outlines but instead creating my own. Enjoy!

Here are the tools and things I got for the project as well as prices and where to get them..

UNDERSUIT:
plain black leggings on sale at Target for around $6.00
image.jpg •for the base of the bottom of the undersuit

Plain long sleeve black turtleneck at Target for about $10.00
image.jpeg •for the base of the top of the undersuit

signature shiny black vinyl (1 yard) from Joann's for $10.99
image.jpeg •for the details on the undersuit
^its a pretty thin fabric with vinyl on one side and cotton fiber stuff on the back

I decided to glue (with the glue pictured below) the vinyl material onto the other clothes instead of sewing but still do some sticking for extra details. I got this glue at Joann's for $8.49
image.jpeg

ARMOR:
EVA grade foam- I went to multiple stores but the best deal i found was at harbor freight- it was $9.99 for 17 sq feet• 1/2 inch thick
image.jpeg
It it has this pattern..
image.jpeg

I got got craft foam sheets from Joann's for $1.00 per 30cm x 45cm sheet
image.jpeg

TOOLS:
i bought this mini high temp glue gun with 10 glue sticks at Joann's for $6.99 (the gun alone was $3.00)
image.jpeg

I bouth this this same heat gun at Home Depot for $22.99. (I didn't have it with me to take a picture of it..)
image.jpeg

I bought this dremel tool (NOT REQUIRED just helpful) for around $99.00 at Lowe's - but I saw less fancy ones for as little as $35.00
image.jpeg

I bought an Xacto knife at Home Depot for about $3.00 and blades (5pack) for about $6.00
image.jpeg

Did I forget anything? Let me know!

You need paint!! :lol
you probably wont need it for a while maybe look into it when you have majority of the build done.
Whats your plan any way what are you building? ODST? Master Chief? Marine?

Chiefwannabe Yes I DO need paint but like you said it's going to take me a while to get to that point so I'm planning on getting it later. I am making Kat from Halo Reach- and I know that Reach isn't the best halo game.. but Kat is a really strong female and I like her character a lot so that's what I decided to build :$. But hopefully I will have helpful things for any build not just for those also making Kat :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with u on Kat ,she is a strong character.
But reach wasn't a bad game I loved it:D
Kat's armour is the mark V so anyone doing a reach build in general can benefit from your build!!
All the best for your build!

I've been really busy lately but have finished my ductape mannequin and am starting on the patterning! Hopefully I can update soon!

Can't wait to see your updates. I love watching the freehand builds because I don't think if I did one it would turn out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back