New and eager to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloSniper

Hi all,

I'm just getting bitten by the bug to build my own armor. My daughter cosplays and I see how much fun she has doing it. I'll be lurking, reading, reading some more, and hopefully asking not so dumb questions.

Looking forward to the adventure!

Welcome to the community, HaloSniper! Reading and lurking for a while will definitely be your friend in the long run. As far as finding good content to read, I find build threads of other members are extremely useful. We generally show what techniques we use to create our armor, as well as share our mistakes and what can be done to rectify them, saving others a ton of work!

Looking forward to seeing your work in the future!

Hi all,

I'm just getting bitten by the bug to build my own armor. My daughter cosplays and I see how much fun she has doing it. I'll be lurking, reading, reading some more, and hopefully asking not so dumb questions.

Looking forward to the adventure!

Hahahaha. Daughters. Yeah, she forced my hand in this too.
Thanks for sharing this, makes me feel less of a wuss. :D

I'm not going to say there are no dumb questions. Sure there are.
But so far, I've seen none on this forum except the ones I asked, so fire away !
The guys&girls on this forum are all about sharing tips and tricks.

Enjoy your stay here, may your folds always be straight, may the hotglue burns not hurt, and for GOD sakes if you paint, make sure you wear some kind of protection as at the paint stage the latest you will be using stuff that is brutal to you lungs.

welcome to the 405th! There is plenty to learn out there, I'm learning about stuff I never would have thought of.

Welcome! There are tons of helpful things to read on here, so I'm sure that will help. I lurked for a *long* time before actively posting. Do you have a specific armor type in mind for your build?

I'm still deciding on the armor type. There are so many variations to choose from. It may come down to the simplest build to start with and make others as I get better at fabrication.

Welcome :) Be prepared to throw a lot of time and money into this hobby; it's addicting ;) But, that's because it's super fun, so worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back