Halo Reach Hazop- First Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

applebad

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the 405th and i have decided to build a hazop suit from reach, if anyone has any pepakura files, it would be great if you could upload them to this thread. also what is the best kind of foam to build with and where can i get some of it? Thanks - Applebad

Welcome to the 405th! If you haven't checked out the File Archive yet, make sure to do so. There are tons of Pepakura files in there and you should find some for Hazop. For the foam, you can use foam flooring mats and craft foam for details. There is a great guide on foam here. Explains much more than I could. :)

Welcome! I've been around a while, but am about to start posting my own reach build! Check out WandererTJ, Roxyroo, and LilTyrant for some good Reach foam inspiration and ideas!

Harbor Freight is another good place to get the foam. Sometimes Fred Meyer or Sears has it. I just picked up some mats from Ross that they had hiding with the little kids stuff.

+1 on Harbor Freight. I use 2 different types that are different in size, one is 7mm thick the other is 10mm. They both have diamond plate textured backs, & are smooth on the other side, both have a grey color.
The 7mm foam comes in a roll, whereas the 10mm comes in a 4 pack that contains 4 2x2 foot squares.I used the 7mm rolled foam on my sons MC armor from Halo, & I completed a full Ironman Mk4 in the rolled foam as well.
Here is a pic of the 7mm rolled foam, as well as one of my son & I in our costumes @ Pensacon 2016 in Pensacola, FL.
7mmFoamRoll.JPGme vs john.jpg

Over the course of this spring and early summer i should have my Hazop helmet molded and start producing casts. keep an eye on etsy over the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back