First Build. ODST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called craft foam. You can pick this up at most craft and art supply locations.

Good luck mate, trust me, it's worth it at the end when you put it on, and feel all that bulk when you move around.

PS you're probably gonna waste at least 60 hours of development time just strutting around in the various armor pieces. If you make a weapon of any sort, that stated figure doubles. It's a fun waste of time :p

12735947_963224293763470_973733064_n.jpg12735882_963224230430143_1169254180_n.jpg12746173_963224267096806_1616405826_n.jpgWell it begins, hahaha, let the madness start, been up all night so im just going to start.

Good luck. Be following your thread closely.

What is the best way to do the stencils? My stencils are not coming out right. im trying to go of of the video from Andrew DFT

When I did my templates, I did a bunch of size comparisons and scaling, then zoomed in my laptop's display until it was life-size, flipped it on its back, and traced my templates on top of the screen with thin paper so i could see the lines. The only template I freehanded was the chest armor, and that just because it was faster to freehand it to the right size.

Can you please describe your method of producing templates/using them? That will help narrow down your problem. If you can take a picture of the process, that would also be useful.

i'm just doing what the guy did in the video, i cant make any right, i cant trace very well. Starting to think this was a mistake to make. i get discouraged easily.I wished i had someone near me to help, i have no idea what im doing anymore

I assume you are indeed starting out with the shins? If so, grab a yardstick, or some other long straight object you can run a pen or pencil along, and start trying to freehand it based on his templates. Measure the long middle piece so it is the same length as from the bottom of your kneecap to about an inch above the top of your foot. Make it as wide as your kneecap + an inch. Once you have that long skinny rectangle, you can use that to compare and scale the rest of the shin armor to that.

Hey bud we are all here for you to give you advice and encourage you to fulfill this project. I believe that you can complete this because foam is a quicker method than most other ways and we all start out not really knowing what to do. I'm currently working with cardstock and many other steps go along with it and it does feel slightly discouraging at the moment, but when I see other people's end results it makes me feel like "I wanna be in that suit!!!" :D:thumbsup

That's a hard way to do it no wounder he is having problems. Are the files avalible to download. I could take a look at them and maybe have better advice.

Yeah i'm having problems free handing to make me stencils for my legs, when i make them they come out really square and his is nice and long.

foam is a great toll for armor but I personally would not suggest using it for a helmet unless there is experience behind it... look into pepakura which uses cardstock and folding to make a helmet with more detail :D

That's a hard way to do it no wounder he is having problems. Are the files avalible to download. I could take a look at them and maybe have better advice.
Yeah, they are coming out ****ty, i can't free hand. I am going to need some kind of file help. Or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back