Props Halo Reach Sniper rifle - nerf conversion - QUESTIONS & BUILD - Probably pic heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! After seeing someone else turn their Recon CS-6 into a sniper rifle from halo, i thought i should also start with making my props.
As well as printing out some stuff i decided to look up info beforehand.
And this is where my problem is:
The halo reach sniper rifle is a 14mm anti material rifle.
The barrel is around 80 cm (2.5 feet i believe)
It has also appeard in .450 cal in the book "the fall of reach"
After printing the pages i noticed that the forward barrel-gas return tube-holder thingy has a pretty big hole for a barrel of a 14mm bullet. I checked and it comes in at a whopping 36mm!
Now, that may not be much but the largest in caliber anti material rifles are at 25mm and they already look cannon-like.
So my question is if anyone has made it, is that too large? Would it affect the build? What PVC pipe diameter would you suggest?
Thank you all! Progress pics will be up by sunday!
Have a nice day!
Cheers

Re: Halo Reach Sniper rifle - nerf conversion - QUESTIONS & BUILD - Probably pic heav

Fun little fact:
The chinese army has a 35mm grenade launcher!
Its called a QLZ-87!
Here is a picture of it.
As you can see, it is pretty big. . .
1228659543_36334-tfb2.jpg

Attachments

• 1228659543_36334-tfb2.jpg
    1228659543_36334-tfb2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 554
Re: Halo Reach Sniper rifle - nerf conversion - QUESTIONS & BUILD - Probably pic heav

I've seen sniper rifles built two different ways: 1. Full specs of the game, resulting in a massive looking gun usually standing taller than the builder. 2. Normal hunting rifle size, maybe a bit longer length barrel but still smaller than the true specs. What it comes down to is how you want to build it. I like to lean toward the more realistic look (not super big) and for that a pvc pipe with 1/2" or 3/4" diameter should work nicely. You could always ask the creator of the CS-6 version and see what he used as well.

If I may .
Here is what I whipped up based on a NERF blaster.
Tis not a CS 6 but something else..
23001293305_3f0e1be298_b.jpg
peterD

If I may .
Here is what I whipped up based on a NERF blaster.
Tis not a CS 6 but something else..
peterD

Epic :eek:
Thanks for the inspiration mate! :D
What'd you use?
That stock looks awesome btw!

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen sniper rifles built two different ways: 1. Full specs of the game, resulting in a massive looking gun usually standing taller than the builder. 2. Normal hunting rifle size, maybe a bit longer length barrel but still smaller than the true specs. What it comes down to is how you want to build it. I like to lean toward the more realistic look (not super big) and for that a pvc pipe with 1/2" or 3/4" diameter should work nicely. You could always ask the creator of the CS-6 version and see what he used as well.

Probably going for realistic.
I measured the barrel of my cs-6 and im going to go buy some PVC pipes today for it.
Gonna have to reprint the muzzle break unfortunately then :p
Oh well. Live and learn i guess!

Also, i am afraid that by contacting him i will probably be necroposting, unless its a PM which i may just try.
Thanks for the tip mate! :D

SMALL UPDATE!
Alright so i got some pipes (1 got 1m for the barrel and 2m for spare) As you can see though, i will apparently have to trim the existing nerf attachment for it to fit through it. What would you suggest?
12736044_972840136125864_779014605_n.jpg

Before i go, Have a pic of it so far! :D
12674622_972840182792526_1424079057_n.jpg
Surprisingly reminds me of an M98B. . hah.. .

SMALL UPDATE!
Alright so i got some pipes (1 got 1m for the barrel and 2m for spare) As you can see though, i will apparently have to trim the existing nerf attachment for it to fit through it. What would you suggest?
View attachment 23527

Before i go, Have a pic of it so far! :D
View attachment 23528
Surprisingly reminds me of an M98B. . hah.. .

I apologize for resurrecting a dead thread, but have you got this one whooped? If not, use some sandpaper held to the pipe, and twist it against the nerf piece. This will rough it up for glue, and it will make a fairly snug fit.

I apologize for resurrecting a dead thread, but have you got this one whooped? If not, use some sandpaper held to the pipe, and twist it against the nerf piece. This will rough it up for glue, and it will make a fairly snug fit.
Heya! No problem for the thread.
I just have this project on a back burner for now after finishing the muzzle break and part of the stock.
What did you mean by whooped? I have already roughed up the barrel with sand paper by now if thats what you meant.

Heya! No problem for the thread.
I just have this project on a back burner for now after finishing the muzzle break and part of the stock.
What did you mean by whooped? I have already roughed up the barrel with sand paper by now if thats what you meant.

Whooped is Texan for finished. I meant to use the sandpaper on the pipe as a form to cut into the plastic. It'll make it sit flush and should take very long to do.

I'm planning to mod a NERF Modulus Recon MK II with the Stealth Long Range(?) upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back