plasti dip help

Status
Not open for further replies.

locostorm

Jr Member
HI. I am working on a assault rifle and I just plasti dipped the entire thing black and all I need to do now is put the grey on top, but I am worried that the painter's masking tape I'm using will rip up the first layer of plasti dip off. Do any of you have any ideas on how to do this of another way to cover it up?

Give your plasti dip 24 hours to dry in a relatively warm, dry environment, and you won't have any issues. Is your gray going to be spray paint or plasti dip? If it is plasti dip, remove your masking tape while the gray is still wet. If it is spray paint, do a few light coats and allow it to dry, then remove your masking tape

Give your plasti dip 24 hours to dry in a relatively warm, dry environment, and you won't have any issues. Is your gray going to be spray paint or plasti dip? If it is plasti dip, remove your masking tape while the gray is still wet. If it is spray paint, do a few light coats and allow it to dry, then remove your masking tape

Thanks! the second layer is going to be plasti dip. I will try it!

I love plasti dip and as long as it is fully set I haven't had any problems, but if its not set fully, then you are in for a cleanup project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back