Jun from Reach, 1st Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

justbarnett

After joining the Division recently and searching to the ends of the Internet, it has come to my attention that there are very few builds featuring the only surviving member of Noble Team. I love Jun's sniper role on the team and want to do his character justice by recreating him as closely as possible to the game specs. My deadline for this will be Dragon Con this year. I'm going to Pep and resin the armor and include lights, fans, and other electronics. I would love to find a group of people who have other costumes from Noble Team to meet up with at Dragon Con. I would love any suggestions y'all have for me! I will post updates regularly. The pic is what I'm shooting for.
Jun Pic.jpg

Yeah, that would be a great build of a great character! For finding people, poke around in the Southern Regiment sub-forum. (I think Dragon Con is Georgia yes?) Then after several post updates (50 posts) and a few months you'll be able to join in the regiment! Great luck to you with the build!

Good luck on your build. Dragon Con quickly approaches (Sept. I believe... yes?) Please post pics as you progress. We want to keep up with your progress.

Thanks so much for everyone's support, having been a noob for only a few days, I already am loving this community.
Good luck on your build. Dragon Con quickly approaches (Sept. I believe... yes?) Please post pics as you progress. We want to keep up with your progress.
Yes! Dragon Con is September 2-5. That gives me roughly 200 days to come to completion. I'll be posting update pictures every weekend at the very minimum (more if I get excited :)). I completed a pep helmet earlier last year (see pics), but I'm dissatisfied with the quality of it and plan on making another one with more precision and detail. Besides that I have Peped both forearms and am working on the shoulder/biceps right now.

I'm also interested in videoing the whole process and putting the content on YouTube to help other noobs. Any thoughts on that?

20160106_180538_resized.jpg20160106_180544_resized.jpg

Glad to see another Reach Recon build! I just started a similarly scheduled foam version (custom character though) that I haven't actually posted yet. Would love to see how this ends up! Maybe I'll swing on down to GA! And a video sounds like a great idea. Can never have too much documentation.

The people have spoken! I will do video updates after every major step (pep, resin, bondo, finish/paint) including a time lapse and a detailed demonstration and instruction of that step on a particular piece or two. The links will end up being posted here and will be available on my YouTube channel. I plan on having the first video up once the majority of the parts are cut and glued, so about 2-3 weeks.

Glad to see another Reach Recon build! I just started a similarly scheduled foam version (custom character though) that I haven't actually posted yet. Would love to see how this ends up! Maybe I'll swing on down to GA! And a video sounds like a great idea. Can never have too much documentation.
I would love to see pics of your build once you get it started! It would be cool to compare parts as we are doing almost the same concept, but different materials. I'm curious to see how closely they will turn out because of the foam vs pep.

The people have spoken! I will do video updates after every major step (pep, resin, bondo, finish/paint) including a time lapse and a detailed demonstration and instruction of that step on a particular piece or two. The links will end up being posted here and will be available on my YouTube channel. I plan on having the first video up once the majority of the parts are cut and glued, so about 2-3 weeks..

Yay! I'll be looking forward to the first one. Love watching other people's builds take shape.

Assembling a Noble Team group would be amazing! I'm totally game to be a part of it. We'll look around for other people who want to join in.

Hey man, I hope you can finish this in time for dragon con, its always nice to have another noble there, I have an Emile suit that I finished just before last dragon con and I'll be wearing it again this year, I also just started a Jorge build, but I doubt I'll finish by dragon con. As for the noble team group, I tried to get a group last year and we only had Emile (me), two carters, and a few people with their own custom noble six suits, but thats it, I haven't seen anyone do Jorge or Kat at dragon con yet, and I believe there was a Jun and an Emile(not me) a few years ago, so it may be a long shot to get the whole group, but theres always hope.

If you haven't already, go check out the southern regiment section, when we get closer to dragon con there will more than likely be plans posted for a 405th photo shoot and a dinner and maybe other stuff that we'll do at dragon con

Hey man, I hope you can finish this in time for dragon con, its always nice to have another noble there, I have an Emile suit that I finished just before last dragon con and I'll be wearing it again this year, I also just started a Jorge build, but I doubt I'll finish by dragon con. As for the noble team group, I tried to get a group last year and we only had Emile (me), two carters, and a few people with their own custom noble six suits, but thats it, I haven't seen anyone do Jorge or Kat at dragon con yet, and I believe there was a Jun and an Emile(not me) a few years ago, so it may be a long shot to get the whole group, but theres always hope.

If you haven't already, go check out the southern regiment section, when we get closer to dragon con there will more than likely be plans posted for a 405th photo shoot and a dinner and maybe other stuff that we'll do at dragon con
I actually saw your thread calling for Noble Team members last year while I was browsing recently. I was going to comment on it, but I guess I won't be able to until I'm a member and a part of the Southern Regiment. I'm really excited to come and be a part of y'all's community. I look forward to participating in everything that will be planned. I will definitely continue my search for people wanting to complete the team. A whole Noble Team would make for a sweet photo shoot!

I actually saw your thread calling for Noble Team members last year while I was browsing recently. I was going to comment on it, but I guess I won't be able to until I'm a member and a part of the Southern Regiment. I'm really excited to come and be a part of y'all's community. I look forward to participating in everything that will be planned. I will definitely continue my search for people wanting to complete the team. A whole Noble Team would make for a sweet photo shoot!

yeah unfortunately you have to be assigned to the regiment to be able to post in the section. and likewise, we're always excited for new members, the southern regiment is a pretty cool group of people. and yeah i'd really like to have a noble team picture, that'd be great!

UPDATE! As promised here are some pics of what I have done so far. This week I was able to finish the forearms and biceps. I'm curious as to whether you guys think they are proportional. I want to get this right and catch any mistakes before I end up getting too far. I am considering making the forearms bigger. Any thoughts?
20160213_093438.jpg20160213_093452.jpg20160213_093520.jpg20160213_093337.jpg20160213_093345_001.jpg
Also, I couldn't figure out how to rotate the images. They were the correct orientation on my computer. Guess they'll just have to be sideways this time.

Attachments

• 20160213_093349.jpg
    20160213_093349.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 196
Well crap. I had the begins of a Jun laid out. I know there was an emile and Carter floating around in a thread for Dragon con last year, not sure who it was though. Looking great so far.

EDIT: Reading is hard... He commented above.

Well crap. I had the begins of a Jun laid out. I know there was an emile and Carter floating around in a thread for Dragon con last year, not sure who it was though. Looking great so far.

EDIT: Reading is hard... He commented above.
Are you going to Dragon Con this year? Apparently Jorge and Kat are still up for grabs.

Are you going to Dragon Con this year? Apparently Jorge and Kat are still up for grabs.
I might be a tad small for Jorge. Also not liking the idea of having to carry around a very large gun and backpack all day >.>

I'll be at dragon-con either way. I'm working on a Destiny Hunter right now and am well on my way, so I'll know whether I'll have a halo armor by early April (When the Destiny armor should be done).

I might be a tad small for Jorge. Also not liking the idea of having to carry around a very large gun and backpack all day >.>

I'll be at dragon-con either way. I'm working on a Destiny Hunter right now and am well on my way, so I'll know whether I'll have a halo armor by early April (When the Destiny armor should be done).
I agree that carrying around a heavy weapon would be strenuous. I'm still researching about how to build a lightweight but durable sniper rifle for this costume. Good luck on your hunter build! I'll be following your thread to see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back