[HELP!] Pepakura Tape alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumper

I am making a suit using pepakura and fibre glass, I do not want to use hot glue since i am very prone to getting it everywhere. is there a type of tape i can use with the resin?
HELP!

I used a basic glue stick on my first pep builds, just realized you can't drown it in resin on the first coat

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I don't see that being strong enough though. I'm looking for some type of special tape. Glue seems to get too messy.

I used a basic glue stick on my first pep builds, just realized you can't drown it in resin on the first coat

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Use small amounts of glue. Squeeze some onto a scrap piece of cardstock/cardboard or into a cup and use a craft stick or paperclip to apply small amounts of glue to the tabs. It'll work a lot better than any tape. As for type of glue, I've tried wood glue and school glue; others have done super glue and such. The glue will be strong enough to hold, and as long as you don't apply the glue from the bottle onto the model it shouldn't be messy.

I will try that.

this will be fun...
Use small amounts of glue. Squeeze some onto a scrap piece of cardstock/cardboard or into a cup and use a craft stick or paperclip to apply small amounts of glue to the tabs. It'll work a lot better than any tape. As for type of glue, I've tried wood glue and school glue; others have done super glue and such. The glue will be strong enough to hold, and as long as you don't apply the glue from the bottle onto the model it shouldn't be messy.

I highly doubt there are any tapes out there that will stand up to resin eating away at the adhesive as well as hold the model together. I used hot glue, and it worked ok, but I've seen a number of other members use Krazy or super glue with good success.

I don't understand how people use hot glue to glue together the paper parts. (I know how, but I'd make a mess and burn myself)
I personally used super glue only.

As I mentioned in your other thread, dude... From searching on this site, you can use painter's tape or good quality masking tape. Other people have also mentioned electrical tape as a viable option. But, as you can see from those kind individuals responding above, gluing is still the advised method. Either way, best of luck!

I made another post to focus more on this question so I can gather more opinions.

As I mentioned in your other thread, dude... From searching on this site, you can use painter's tape or good quality masking tape. Other people have also mentioned electrical tape as a viable option. But, as you can see from those kind individuals responding above, gluing is still the advised method. Either way, best of luck!

You could try Duco Cement. It has good hold like Crazy Glue but will peel off your skin w/o tearing the skin like CG will. Also it is not prone to "melting" when using resins and fiberglass methjod. It comes in a smallish tube so pinpoint gluing is possible. Iv'e had great success using it.

It has good hold like Crazy Glue but will peel off your skin w/o tearing the skin like CG will. Also it is not prone to "melting" when using resins and fiberglass methjod.

I haven't heard of any problems with Krazy Glue melting... Is there a thread/example that you're referring too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back