Props Halo and Mattel strike deal & New Boomco Weapons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstPick

Member DIN
S509
Halo just announced a deal with Mattel Toys and showed off some new toys coming. http://news.xbox.com/2016/02/12/343...-licensing-agreement-introduce-new-halo-toys/

But, the Boomco stuff really got me excited.
bbcd8e93b09fcffa27a838a8104874a9.jpg

ab464b7f545626246109356c6b22af52.jpg

bc1c65e3a75f01a58b15ba863a8f1646.jpg

AND WAT IS THIS?!
5db7d673e07b851ad1045698bb93a1af.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Attachments

• bbcd8e93b09fcffa27a838a8104874a9.jpg
    bbcd8e93b09fcffa27a838a8104874a9.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 505
  • ab464b7f545626246109356c6b22af52.jpg
    ab464b7f545626246109356c6b22af52.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 220
  • bc1c65e3a75f01a58b15ba863a8f1646.jpg
    bc1c65e3a75f01a58b15ba863a8f1646.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 5db7d673e07b851ad1045698bb93a1af.jpg
    5db7d673e07b851ad1045698bb93a1af.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 233
Dang! I wonder how big the assault rifle is gonna be! I'll definitely be getting one if its a good size! Can't be that expensive? Did they say how soon it will be before we can see them up fir sale? Thanks for sharing this!

Dang! I wonder how big the assault rifle is gonna be! I'll definitely be getting one if its a good size! Can't be that expensive? Did they say how soon it will be before we can see them up fir sale? Thanks for sharing this!
I think it said $49.99 for the AR

Sorry people, but it's gonna be the same case as it was with the Covenant Carbine, it's gonna be baby-sized.

It's very disappointing that they make games for adult people, even mark it 16+ rating and yet - they do all toys and pity stuff for kids. Children, seriously? Their "new" audience, while screwing over their long time fanbase.

Not only that - Mattel also will be doing figures... well, toys in this case. It seems the time came and ti's the end of McFarlane's. So sad, because Mattel looks like crappy and not even anatomically correct and not properly scaled toys. :(

As for their BoomCo. 343i or rather said - Microsoft does lately all bad and super bad decisions. If they only went for quality with their merchandise.
They could have chosen NERF, they aer doing amazing 1:1 guns... Not kiddy-scaled mini-blasters.
Their Covenant Carbine was a joke, 1:3 scale it turned out later when it was finished.
Sadly, many people and I can already tell it'll be the same as it was with that Carbine.

I don't get it . Why can't they make 1:1 guns? Or 2 sizes - 1:1 and for kids? NERF does 1:1 and everyone loves it.

halo.JPG

I partly agree . the magnum and the needler are the only 2 boom co that are worth it .

I have the needler and I LOVE it .....

C_jIAXh_.jpg

Granted at least 343 is trying to merch............ Lets face it . Merch is hard to drill to the heads of Grumpy suits and ties :) We the fan want to buy it but often thats not enough to spend the man hours to make stuff
Ill speak for my self and say I would LOVE some proper props at the 75 buck price point.
400 bucks for a prop is for me not worth it to drag to a con. If it breaks its game over.

I partly agree . the magnum and the needler are the only 2 boom co that are worth it .

I have the needler and I LOVE it .....

View attachment 23597

Granted at least 343 is trying to merch............ Lets face it . Merch is hard to drill to the heads of Grumpy suits and ties :) We the fan want to buy it but often thats not enough to spend the man hours to make stuff
Ill speak for my self and say I would LOVE some proper props at the 75 buck price point.
400 bucks for a prop is for me not worth it to drag to a con. If it breaks its game over.

Needler is the ONLY big weapon that they got right. However, NECA's needler looks much bigger... so it's funny, however I kinda prefer the BoomCo. I hope to buy it this year, even if I won't use it, to mod it and even hang on wall.
Truth is - NONE of the BoomCo's are truly in-scale. They are all small, even the pistols - yes. However with the magnum, plasma pistol, SMG and the needler - it doesn't look bad... well, unless you're huge Spartan-sized human.

Well, look at Star Wars - they went with NERF. They did the right choice, because everyone is buying the NERF and they love them and they are perfect! Not half the size AKA kiddy-sized.

It's just sad 343i/Microsoft is choosing cheap price and low quality instead of going the better way - invest and people would buy them.
Imagine if they wouldn't screw up - how many people would fight for these blasters!

Truth is - these days kiddies buy games or apps or iphone cases, they don't buy figures or collectibles. These are bought by adults mostly. Yet - their strategy is to attract young children UNDER 16... Under 16 yr old, meaning they should be even playing their games.

Well, for me 400$ props are simply way too expensive. 200$ is my limit and it already is a lot. So I'd love to see more - but properly done.
But, it won't come. Mattel's got the license and they just showed us what they are doing. :/
Pity. I was SO MUCH into the Halo figures... Seems like it's the end, I don't want cheap looking toys for children, I want nice figures. <- this goes for everything, I want nice and good quality

What is even worse with the BoomCo? They AREN'T WORLDWIDE! Outside America - you won't find them. There is literally no single store selling these in Europe. They even said to me they don't distribute it, because they don't have the license or something. So - even worse.
From what I see there is like 5% of the whole Halo merchandise worldwide.

Re: Halo and Mattel strike deal &amp; New Boomco Weapons!

Given the price range, and comparison to the price vs size of the Needler and Carbine, it actually looks like it might be full size, maybe 90% full size since the rifles are designed for Spartans to hold. I wouldn't really want a full size rifle anyway, since marines, which are the size of pretty large humans, always look like kids when wielding Assault Rifles. The Spiker is probably going to be the size of a Nerf Maverick with blades, so kinda meh on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Given the price range, and comparison to the price vs size of the Needler and Carbine, it actually looks like it might be full size, maybe 90% full size since the rifles are designed for Spartans to hold. I wouldn't really want a full size rifle anyway, since marines, which are the size of pretty large humans, always look like kids when wielding Assault Rifles. The Spiker is probably going to be the size of a Nerf Maverick with blades, so kinda meh on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to spoil, but someone dug some info and it was already said to be smaller. It wasn't official info I think, but yeah.
If they won't screw up the AR it would be cool. :D

But giving how they changed the design of the AR for their BoomCo blaster and made the back of the rifle and the grip a lot bigger for people to get a hand there - it might be smaller. :/

- - - Updated - - -

I totally agree with everthing you just said. The size of the AR may just make the cut. Would love to see someone holding the boomco AR to get a good idea of the size of it.

If you've ever held a full size AR, you feel silly because it's so big compared to a normal person. If the Boomco is scaled down just a bit, that wouldn't be so bad.

Anyone know the actual release date? I tried to find it, but no luck.

"I'm just a witness"

Looking at the picture, my guess the MA5 will be similar sized to the Boomco Rapid Madness, in which case it's about 20 to 25% undersized.
A bit like the M6 pistol I'd say.

But that's just an estimate/gut feeling.

I held a boomCo magnum a while back. As a 6'7" guy, it felt waaaay too small. That being said, I did like the detail and such on it for a cheap alternative to making ones own gun.

For those complaining about boom Co "props" not being full sized (I use the term "props" very loosely), keep in mind that these are just fancy-bodied nerf guns designed for kids to play with. I strongly doubt that anyone at boom Co was thinking "Hmmm, better make these things big and cumbersome so that the 1% of the adult halo fan base can have their perfect replica".

Looking at the picture, my guess the MA5 will be similar sized to the Boomco Rapid Madness, in which case it's about 20 to 25% undersized.
A bit like the M6 pistol I'd say.

But that's just an estimate/gut feeling.

It looks like it'll be very similar to the Covenant Carbine.

I held a boomCo magnum a while back. As a 6'7" guy, it felt waaaay too small. That being said, I did like the detail and such on it for a cheap alternative to making ones own gun.

For those complaining about boom Co "props" not being full sized (I use the term "props" very loosely), keep in mind that these are just fancy-bodied nerf guns designed for kids to play with. I strongly doubt that anyone at boom Co was thinking "Hmmm, better make these things big and cumbersome so that the 1% of the adult halo fan base can have their perfect replica".

Well, I'm myself 5'2" so the BoomCo magnum pistols are great for me. Sure, they are smaller, but being smaller they look really ok. :)
As for NERF... NERF are mostly 1:1 replicas. I don't mean BoomCo should do exactly 1:1... But Covenant Carbine is about 130cm long, BoomCo variant was about 40cm long! This was ridiculous.
They make NERF guns big and huge and every kid loves to run around with these.

R.I.P. McFarlane Toys (eventually)

Eventually? It seems like the upcoming Series 2 is the last one... I really hope for a farewell Series 3 to have complete Blue TEam and Fireteam Osiris... But I'm afrait it won't happen and I'll have to customize Linda and Vale v_v

Well, I'm myself 5'2" so the BoomCo magnum pistols are great for me. Sure, they are smaller, but being smaller they look really ok. :)

... coming from the woman who'll be toting a full sized 100cm MA5D soon... :D

If you've got smaller hands, the BoomCo is okay-ish.

But the moment you have to resort to stuff like holding your pinky outside the guard you're not doing yourself a favor. I can imagine Phil will probably have that problem at 6'7".
I'm 6'2" and JUST can get away with it although it does not feel comfortable, and certainly not with gloves on. Most of the time, I'll resort to put the index finger under the slide to gain some space.
As such, building a larger M6 variant is certainly on the agenda for me too.

It's a bit like holding a PPK for me. I can use it, but even a 150 year old 1860 Colt feels better.

... coming from the woman who'll be toting a full sized 100cm MA5D soon... :D

If you've got smaller hands, the BoomCo is okay-ish.

But the moment you have to resort to stuff like holding your pinky outside the guard you're not doing yourself a favor. I can imagine Phil will probably have that problem at 6'7".
I'm 6'2" and JUST can get away with it although it does not feel comfortable, and certainly not with gloves on. Most of the time, I'll resort to put the index finger under the slide to gain some space.
As such, building a larger M6 variant is certainly on the agenda for me too.

It's a bit like holding a PPK for me. I can use it, but even a 100 year old 1860 Colt feels better.

Well... Having 1:1 MA5D kinda fits with my head-cannon for my character... so yeah. xD

What I mean is - pistols don't appear as smaller as the rifles and they don't appear to be affected as much.
I would certainly prefer the pistols to be 1:1 too.

For smaller people - yeah, you still can use it (it makes a nice cheap prop, right?), but if you are taller and bigger - sadly, no way. :/

I consider myself quite lucky that I am so small, for once, so I can actually use the pistol as a really cheap prop instead of purchasing a prop or 3D print. Lot of money saved, right?
But still - I would love SO MUCH to have a proper 1:1 M6H2 at hand.

I've seen some guys having the SMG, complaining it feels uncomfortable... While in-game model looks the same, for bigger people it is definitely too small.
I'm looking like crazy for a way to purchase the BoomCo SMG because it would still kinda fit be but there is no way of purchasing it in any store - even on amazon they sell and ship US only. :/

I don't know.. consider the three selling points they listed and the first one is size.. " Its size, speed and QwikClip compatibility make it a must-have item" and considering that it lists at $50 and the carbide lists at under $30. There is a good possibility that it is not going to be the laughable joke like the carbine. I'm going to hold out hope. Thanks FirstPick for the post. If anyone knows a release date, I'm going to be holding my breath. :eek

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... Having 1:1 MA5D kinda fits with my head-cannon for my character... so yeah. xD

What I mean is - pistols don't appear as smaller as the rifles and they don't appear to be affected as much

Oh, I reallized that already don't doubt that.
I'm old.
I'm not senile.
Yet. :D

But yes, I agree.
For those blessed with a smaller frame, the Boomco is an excellent and cheap alternative. I'm still hoping, just like PerniciousDuke the MA5 will NOT be another Carbine story. And normally I'd say "well by pure math, the impact of a 30% decrease in size will be more visable on a larger gun compared to a smaller" but somehow that simple idea doesn't fly here as Boomco doesn't really give us much to go on in terms of product logic.

I don't really understand Boomco/Mattel in this regard.
Yes I know these things are meant as kids toys and as such are scaled for their use. On the other hand, the needler looks pretty large, even in the hands of a grown-up if I look at the picture posted by Peter. Seeing that in the hands of a kid ... that must look humongous, no ?

I had heard it would probably based on their Rapid Madness design, a thing that's about 30 Inch or so. Considering Boomco didn't do a half-bad job with the M6 and the Needler, I think a LOT of people are hoping this will not be another Carbine sized thing.

Heck, even I would be interested in one of them as toting a CB88 at over 10 pounds can become a bit heavy after a day and "magnet mounting" such a weight is pretty much SciFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back