Props Halo Vector Drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveeemega

Hey everyone! I have been silently browsing the 405th for a while now, but I have decided to make a thread for the vector drawings I have made. As I make new ones, I will post them up on this thread. If anyone needs or wants one, just let me know! I only have made 2 Halo related ones so far among others.

I use the program "Inkscape" for my drawings. It's a free program that is extremely helpful for making costumes and props. I would definitely recommend adding it to your arsenal of tools for almost any prop maker.

needler.jpg
The Halo 5 needler took me just under 5 hours to draw out and I don't have plans to actually build this one. I drew it out for a friend who wanted it.

Boltshot Vector.jpg
The Boltshot is personally my favorite weapon in the game and my favorite vector drawing I have made. I plan on using this to build a prop of it. I will be using a layering method of stacking different thicknesses of foam or wood over each other the create depth.

Lemme know what other drawings you would like to see!

Ooo, this is neat. Have you considered the Halo 5 shotgun? (Or the design used for Kelly's?)
I look forward to seeing your progress with the Boltshot prop.

DMR Good.jpg
Just finished the Halo 5 DMR. It took me most of my night to draw out. Hopefully I will begin constructing the boltshot withing a few days along with this DMR. I plan on doing the Halo 5 shotgun in due time too.

Also for anyone curious on how I print them out to build them, I put it into paint and I go to "Print" then to "Page Setup" and set it to the right size. I have also imported it into Pepakura before and stretched it out to exactly what I needed and printed it from there.

Attachments

• DMR.jpg
    DMR.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 372
  • DMR marked.jpg
    DMR marked.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 307
Oh god, I'm just imagining layering mdf for a boltshot...now that you've put this up though...I might have to give this a try:lol

Brute Shot H2A.jpg
So I haven't gotten any of my drawings built, but I have drawn out the Halo 2 Anniversary Brute Shot for a locostorm. If anyone has any weapons of props that they would like to see drawn, feel free to ask!

Diggin the DMR man.

If you are looking for ways to print, I suggest Blockposters. If you trim the edges of the drawing, eliminating as much blank space as possible, you can get some pretty size accurate results. It even lets you know the estimated approximate size of the image once all the pages have been printed out, using either landscape or letter, and the many different types of paper sizes available, you should be able to get the size you want. I'm sure there's other ways of doing it, but I've had a lot of success in the few builds I've done using the site. Just remember not to remove the 'Blockposters' watermark or you will have to pay for your image. Also not sure of what kind of image files the site processes, so you may have to convert.

If you're open to suggestions, may I suggest the Halo Reach Energy Sword? I'm working on a build currently, and I really don't like the hilt pattern I've done.

Excellent idea to compile these. Will certainly be looking at these later, thanks!

Diggin the DMR man.

If you are looking for ways to print, I suggest Blockposters. If you trim the edges of the drawing, eliminating as much blank space as possible, you can get some pretty size accurate results. It even lets you know the estimated approximate size of the image once all the pages have been printed out, using either landscape or letter, and the many different types of paper sizes available, you should be able to get the size you want. I'm sure there's other ways of doing it, but I've had a lot of success in the few builds I've done using the site. Just remember not to remove the 'Blockposters' watermark or you will have to pay for your image. Also not sure of what kind of image files the site processes, so you may have to convert.

If you're open to suggestions, may I suggest the Halo Reach Energy Sword? I'm working on a build currently, and I really don't like the hilt pattern I've done.
Sorry for the wait! I didn't see this until yesterday. I am not sure if this will be any better than what you have now, but I drew this up over breakfast this morning in about 30 mins. I am always open to suggestions.
NRG Soward.jpg

Is this Vector? If so what are you drawing in cause i was tracing to cut on my laser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back