DragonCon 2016 Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpgI know I don't have 50 post in 90 day, but if there are extra spots for the parade I would really love to March, or I my case roll

aracknoid3 - do I have a commitment from you to participate more on the forums if I say yes?? ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadnt posted much I the past because I didn't really think I had much to contribute. I didn't even have a build until now.

View attachment 31201I know I don't have 50 post in 90 day, but if there are extra spots for the parade I would really love to March, or I my case roll

So freaking awesome man.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

I may have missed this, but where will the pick up for the wrist bands be and I'm assuming it will be on Friday? Do we know what spot in the line up the 405th is? I've been in the parade the few years with the 501st and we're always at the end.

Fangs, what Garrison are you with in the 501st?

one more question, can I add my wife as a handler?

FANGS, quick suggestion/question: I have a go-bag backpack that isn't big. If handlers require extra space to store things like water, phones, etc,... I can lend it to someone during the parade (so long as I get it back, hehe). I'm just thinking aloud; because I'll have my camera for taking deployment pics anyways, if this is a helpful idea, I could also bring a compact umbrella to provide some shade for rotation too. I wouldn't want to have someone lug around a lot of stuff either but if it would help, I'm offering.

Just to clarify as this will be my first time in the parade and not 100% familiar with the terms mentioned, the meeting area is near the double-door entrance from the fountain outside?

Hello all. No new information from the organizers so we're going to finalize.

Meet at 8:00 am on Saturday morning at the Marriott.

We will leave our meeting spot at 8:45 am to head to the shuttle behind the Marriott. You can catch a shuttle if you miss us/arrive after 8:45 and they will direct you to where we are stagged. I will have your wristband with me. The latest shuttle you can catch is 9:30 if you miss us. We will not be waiting at the Marriott for stragglers.

The meeting location is inside the Marriott in the lobby area between the two entrances from the Marriott driveway with the big fountain. The escalators are directly in front of this area and registration/hotel check in desk is off to the side. This is the same area as last year.

If you've posted here and/or messaged me you (and any handler you mentioned here) are good to go.

Once again, I'm getting the wristbands. Please remember your DCon badge and water if you can carry it. Handlers, please bring an extra bottle or two of water.

If you need to find me prior to the parade, please message me on Facebook. If we aren't friends there, please send a friend request to so I know to check the other inbox. A message here will go to my email but because I'm travelling internationally, I sometimes have issues with email. My real name for Facebook is Angela Mash.

aracknoid3 -I'd be happy to have you march with us. Will you be meeting us at stagging? I'm concerned about what they have available to transport you. Let me know if you need assistance sorting this out.
Evolver79 - I'm picking up the wristbands and you and your handler can pick them up from me at the meet up location the morning of the parade. I'm in Badlands Garrison in Canada.

Thank you for organizing this. I'll see you Saturday morning look forward to meeting everyone!

Righteous! lets do this everyone!! Woot!!

Thans @fangz for all the hard work and keeping us posted on everything. and also thanks to everyone else for contributing to this awesome community :)

We are with gaming so we are near the beginning of the parade once again in spot 10.

SpartanJem013 - you are good. Let's get you in a regiment as well now that you have over 50 posts and 90 days.

Let's do this, Spartans. See you all there!

a4f1b5eb486cda946fb2c9371147e4f6.jpg

Attachments

• a4f1b5eb486cda946fb2c9371147e4f6.jpg
    a4f1b5eb486cda946fb2c9371147e4f6.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 212
Welp. -1
I thought I'd be able to get everything together before DragonCon, but it seems I vastly miscalculated. Still have a fair bit of work and I'd rather make a nice set of armor than crank out a quick one I'd have to just about scrap to make right. Will be looking out for you guys in the parade. Hope to be in it next year :D

Angela, just for clarification. You're getting wristbands for us equal to the amount of people who signed up to March? So all we have to do is come to the meetup location on Saturday morning and pick up our wristbands?

Have an awesome time everyone!

(so jelly...)

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back